Flying in ED Drunk is a HOOT!

Wierdness - one never knows when it is gonna strike.

Tonight I spent some time upgrading my Python. Upgraded all the Beam lasers to G4 and the MC's to G5. One short range blaster and 2 beams to efficient and 2 MC's to short overpowered or - something like that with experimentals of corrosive and thermal something oer other. H.ell I don't remember. and I uopgraded hill reinforcements to G5 heavy duty and had like 3900 armor and then my wife yelled at me to come to dinner and after dinner I went to play chess with my eldest sone. He hasn't ever beat me so I decided to have a glass of wine of two and wife got 'em for me. He isn't very good at chess and I am so I got prtty wasted before/while play89ing him. I've been tryin' to teach hime to thing into the future. Look aghead and figure out thet what ever he does his opponent will counter. Thry to figure wht i'll do to counte whsat he does.

He's never beat me ever, but tonight he got a draw. That may not seem like a big deal but it is. Anyway when we wer done I wenht back to ED to test out my new python build.

Tood 2 assination missionls - 1 a wing mission and one not. KICKED BUTT. Wierd 'cuz sober I can beat a wing mission but really have to work it but tonight durnk as a skunk I ckick'd butt on a 3 wind with w2 Viper's rated dangrous and 1 Python rated elite and the 2nd missionwas a cake walk agains a deadly anaconca and I'm just rated dangerous. Whooaaa.

\I think palyihn' ED well is best done drunk. Or nto. I don know. Most fun is a long while.

I'm gonna stop wrintin now. I spect tomorrow I'll read this garbage and delite it. Or nto. WHJ knows?

Not me. Tomopreow isw woerk time.

Tonight I spent some time upgrading my Python. Upgraded all the Beam lasers to G4 and the MC's to G5. One short range blaster and 2 beams to efficient and 2 MC's to short overpowered or - something like that with experimentals of corrosive and thermal something oer other. H.ell I don't remember. and I uopgraded hill reinforcements to G5 heavy duty and had like 3900 armor and then my wife yelled at me to come to dinner and after dinner I went to play chess with my eldest sone. He hasn't ever beat me so I decided to have a glass of wine of two and wife got 'em for me. He isn't very good at chess and I am so I got prtty wasted before/while play89ing him. I've been tryin' to teach hime to thing into the future. Look aghead and figure out thet what ever he does his opponent will counter. Thry to figure wht i'll do to counte whsat he does.

He's never beat me ever, but tonight he got a draw. That may not seem like a big deal but it is. Anyway when we wer done I wenht back to ED to test out my new python build.

Tood 2 assination missionls - 1 a wing mission and one not. KICKED BUTT. Wierd 'cuz sober I can beat a wing mission but really have to work it but tonight durnk as a skunk I ckick'd butt on a 3 wind with w2 Viper's rated dangrous and 1 Python rated elite and the 2nd missionwas a cake walk agains a deadly anaconca and I'm just rated dangerous. Whooaaa.

\I think palyihn' ED well is best done drunk. Or nto. I don know. Most fun is a long while.

I'm gonna stop wrintin now. I spect tomorrow I'll read this garbage and delite it. Or nto. WHJ knows?

What the security force did not stop for intoxication. Damn, something must be wrong with the game. Oh here some :coffee:. I tend to like to drink a little and rock and roll.

Haha, good to see someone enjoying their weekend. Fly responsibly, CMDR!

Binge watching suspenseful shows is pretty great drunk too, you cry and laugh like a baby. But then the next day you can't remember what happened in the ten episodes you somehow watched. "Wait, so-and-so DIED?!"

Last edited:
Greetings,

As I am retired and have tested drinking and flying in ED of course purely for scientific research here are a few observations.

Depending upon a player's body chemistry in relation to alcohol, some might go to sleep after a few too many. Others may play ED for many hours becoming tired, start drinking and then play many more hours. The alcohol seems to wake up the body while making decisions gets a bit fuzzy. Progress in the game becomes more challenging as those fixed railgun shots are going to miss a lot given slower responses. That can add excitement and a sense of fun.

Driving a vehicle while under the influence one of the many problems is tunnel vision and loss of peripheral vision abilities. As the main ED display is tunnel vision to start with those who partake in excessive alcohol won't notice any difference.

Drinking and flying in ED can be very enjoyable for a few hours but there will be consequences. The next day while the body is dealing with cleansing the bloodstream of alcohol content one might login to find a rebuy screen for their combat Cutter, flying a Sidewinder versus their Python before, being in a prison ship or in a system and having no clue how they got there. The consumption of alcohol is inversely proportional to a player's sober progress but can be momentary emotionally fulfilling.

After a major game loss one cannot send in a help ticket because the game is unfair and not playable while enjoying one's favorite adult beverage. Then again if drinking a proper beer such as Guinness, Stella Artois or Carlsberg in the U.K. one might consider it. Budweiser? Don't expect a response while the help desk is too busy laughing! :)

Note: I love John Cleese humor...

Regards

Yaffle writes:

"I do hope that's sarcasm on the 'proper beer' definition."

I'm just trying to make many smile and laugh a little. Googling the most popular beers in the U.K Budweiser comes up number one. Go figure. Personally I tested with Bud Lightt.

Last edited:

Everything's more fun drunk.

(Apart from driving, obviously. Don't do that. You don't get to choose to risk other people.)

But gaming? Hell, yes. I used to have great fun in the big chat channel in EVE Online. In fact talking in there when I'd had a few* was generally more fun than the actual game.

Here's to you and your meandering flight path, Commander. 🍷

(* I use the word very broadly.)

I find there's a hard limit when looking at the screen or VR doesn't compute (a.k.a. Beer Goggles), but prior to that: Wahey! :D

While you speak of vodka, I can highly recommend Adnams Longshore Vodka, a most pleasant tipple indeed, and from 'round these parts*, boy...

o7
* East Anglia, UK

BEER? A superb vodka straight out of the freezer, sometimes adding a splash of pepper. Straight up in a shot glass.
I'm just a mere american in kansas. :)
Rum is the most utilitarian liquor. Goes great in coffee or hot chocolate, drink it straight, or go with your classic Cuba Libre (rum, coke, lime). Or make your Cuba Libre with Dr. Pepper...

I might be the Commander, but flying with The Captain is where it's at...

J/K, I've never actually flown inebriated ;)

Dear space-dad,

That was the sweetest thing I've ever seen on this forums! Thank you!!

My partner and I are trying for our first baby now and whenever I imagine myself as a dad I see pictures in my head that you were so kind (and drunk enough) to share with us here. I thank you for that. And I congratulate you for what you have achieved already.

Playing chess with your son..., while having life-talks with him..., wow! So beautiful. Life is a bunch of such a simple and amazing things, isn't?

I salute you from the deeps of my heart Commander! Thank you for sharing parts of you and your familly here.

o7