Newcomer / Intro Fighter Club, the fighting club for every skill level

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
Going to miss it again (still in snowy Chicago), but it does look like I will be back for next week :D

Fighter Club will soon be upon us again. I reckon if there's enough of us we should have another go at the interplanetary chase using interdictors.

We'll meet up at the Old Worlds in stock Sidewinders with interdictors. One of us starts at a station and has to make their way to another station. The rest of us are already in Supercruise and can choose wherever they want to try to ambush that player. The next runner is either picked by the previous runner if he makes it to his destination. If he doesn't make it then it's whoever caught him.

We'll figure out the best stations on the night, and any balancing required if catching the runner proves too easy or too difficult.

Ridley Scott, Zaonce sells Sidewinders and 2A interdictors. Let's get them from there.
I'm in ;¬)

Going to miss it again (still in snowy Chicago), but it does look like I will be back for next week :D
It's just not the same without you...

Because now we have a chance Lol.

o7

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
Not going to make next week either :(

I'll be back in the UK by then, but not back home. Should have things wrapped up by the end of the week though, so the week after (I promise).

Not going to make next week either :(

I'll be back in the UK by then, but not back home. Should have things wrapped up by the end of the week though, so the week after (I promise).
We'll slaughter the fatted calf for your return next week Dayrth <grin>

So what about tomorrow? Does anybody have anything in mind what they want to do?

Last edited:
Thunktone fancies dogfighting in a high gee environment. That sounds good to me.

He says "Reorte looks good. 1.62g on 2 or 1.77g on 3. Both are very close to the star and both have iron magma volcanism so we can easily pick a meeting point if we take DSSs."

So bring yer stock Sidewinders along to Reorte.

Thunktone fancies dogfighting in a high gee environment. That sounds good to me.

He says "Reorte looks good. 1.62g on 2 or 1.77g on 3. Both are very close to the star and both have iron magma volcanism so we can easily pick a meeting point if we take DSSs."

So bring yer stock Sidewinders along to Reorte.

Any ideas about Fighter Club tomorrow? Alien hunting maybe?

And if so, where's the best place to fight them at this moment in time?

So Fighter Club tonight. Ollie and Thnktone said on Discord they'd like to do something other than Xeno fighting.

So We'll meet up at the Old Worlds as usual

Last edited:
Canyon racing to a designated time seemed to work okay. The racing itself was fun, but we need to explore that method of stopping the leader just keeping his lead all the way to the end. What was that you lot were saying about weapons that can slow people down? I think all of us now have an commander that has the engineers needed unlocked.

I might need a bit of help working out the specs of the Eagles we use for canyon racing.

Last edited:

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
Drag munitions can be applied to seeker missiles or frag cannons.

Liz Ryder does missiles, is common knowledge and needs you to gain rep with Eurybia Blue Mafia to meet and wants 200 units of Landmines (which can just be bought) to unlock.
Tod McQuinn does frags, is common knowledge and needs you to have earned more than 15 bounty vouchers to meet and provide 100,000 credits worth of bounty vouchers to unlock.

I already have access to McQuinn and should be able to get access to Ryder before next week if we choose to use the missiles. I suggest allowing A rated shields and power plant and only allowing a single class one weapon.
If using class 1 missiles it would limit ammo to 12 rounds which may be a good idea (prevents spamming shots). I would also suggest disqualification for destroying another racer. Weapons to be used only for slowing them down.

It may be more fun if we allow A rated thrusters and distributor as well. I would avoid allowing engineering on anything other than the weapon for the moment as unlocking more engineers will take some time and effort.

Might also want to restrict the engineering on the weapon to level 1. No need to go higher for the special effect. Could let the player decide what engineering to choose though if killing other racers is discouraged, to add a little variety.

Last edited:
Did you try canyon racing in SLF? Or the buckyball sprint at the stockyard?Can't remember the system off hand,i think its somewhere up around farseer,but the course is pretty demanding,and the layout fiendish.Good fun solo in a viper or sidey, play tag with a wakescanner or full hot scenario to light up the skies.
Station is pretty close with shipyard, so even terminal damage is well catered for,and the opportunities for extinction should appease even the most ardent death or glory boys.

Did you try canyon racing in SLF? Or the buckyball sprint at the stockyard?Can't remember the system off hand,i think its somewhere up around farseer,but the course is pretty demanding,and the layout fiendish.Good fun solo in a viper or sidey, play tag with a wakescanner or full hot scenario to light up the skies.
Station is pretty close with shipyard, so even terminal damage is well catered for,and the opportunities for extinction should appease even the most ardent death or glory boys.
We have done canyon racing in SLFs in the past. We all used Keelbacks so any fighting that involved the carriers as well wouldnt be too expensive.

The advantage of using Eagles is that we can set them up the way we want. I agree with everything Dayrth says. We want the ships to travel fairly fast to make the twisty corners harder to take, and we don't want the fun to end too quick when things blow up.

I wouldn't mind a canyon run that had a proper endpoint that we could race to. Could you point me to this buckyball race?

Top Bottom