Ethics in a Literal Video Game

I did not, I totally missed it's existance even until I played this game. I played the original Elite, but there was a period in the 90's where I wasn't gaming at all, too busy with college and work (to pay for college).
I wasn't even alive in the 90s, but my unending flair for being a massive hipster nerd led me to play it.
It's really quite fun! It's also the game which introduced INRA, and Elite Dangerous canonically follows on from the path where you help INRA bio-bomb the Thargoids (obviously with several tweaks).

If I do have to destroy an aggressive ship... I want to see an escape pod.
I want that option.
I would feel better. :)
I think confirmation either way would upset people - I know I'd quit playing if it was confirmed I was killing people. Leaving it up to interpretation helps pacifists and psychopaths both.

A solution to the moral dilemma about attacking other ships is to always fit strong shields and be prepared to defend yourself when attacked.

The new size 1 slot is very helpful in this as you can fit a cargo rack with gold or meta alloy or whatever to ensure you get to defend yourself.
I do that for the Pirate kill missions. Guaranteed to get the right attention and the right, to fire back at them.

I think confirmation either way would upset people - I know I'd quit playing if it was confirmed I was killing people. Leaving it up to interpretation helps pacifists and psychopaths both.
Yeh, I've just realised, some peeps would target the pods.
Forgive me Potter, I could not save you!

Gosh, this ethics stuff is difficult (if you're not Arry).

Top Bottom