Dromedary revealed?

Hello everyone!
In the last picture published today, you can see an animal in the background.
It seems to have a hump.... maybe a dromedary?
Immagine.jpeg

Not sure. I remember an article specifically mentioning seeing a two-humped camel, and I think it would be excessive to have two camel species in the base game.
I think it would be wonderful if they had multiple types.. It gives more creativity for sandbox mode as to what you want in your zoo.. Like Zoo Tycoon Ultimate Animal Collection, the menu showed the initial animal and name but once you clicked it gave you a good amount of the sub-species. That is what i'm hoping for. :3

I do believe the picture is a Dromedary though with potentially a young one beside it but really hard to tell.

I think it would be wonderful if they had multiple types.. It gives more creativity for sandbox mode as to what you want in your zoo.. Like Zoo Tycoon Ultimate Animal Collection, the menu showed the initial animal and name but once you clicked it gave you a good amount of the sub-species. That is what i'm hoping for. :3

I do believe the picture is a Dromedary though with potentially a young one beside it but really hard to tell.
Honestly, I hope they don't do what ZT3 did. They marketed that game as having over 100 animals but in reality like 6 of them were lion subspecies with minimal superficial differences. I'd be fine if a dromedary were added as DLC, but I don't think we need to spend two base roster slots on them.

Honestly, I hope they don't do what ZT3 did. They marketed that game as having over 100 animals but in reality like 6 of them were lion subspecies with minimal superficial differences. I'd be fine if a dromedary were added as DLC, but I don't think we need to spend two base roster slots on them.
I think the same; if there are dromedary and camels is ok, even because they are two well separate species and they live also in different zones of the globe. So it can be useful if you want to do an african mix-exibit with dromedary and gazelles or an asian habitat with the camels and other species.
In ZT3 those subspecies were (my opinion of course) too much: it's ok to have a bengal tiger and a siberian tiger (two subspecies of the same species).
The same would be, for example, with african and (eventually) asian elephant, that's ok... but to have 4 or 5 subspecies of lions or giraffes is a little too much.

Last edited:
I don't wish for the ZT3 deal either, no.. I want the roster to be 50-100+ separate animals with subspecies listed under their names so each animal could be unique and I don't think sub-species should count towards the final amount, that way we can have maybe 3 sub-species per animal depending (maybe more if we have lots of animals to choose from before sub-species are added..) Like Terrarium animals may or may not count towards that, per Bo's post somewhere in the forum.. I don't think that sub-species should either.. If that makes sense.. lol

Last edited:
Personally, I don't even necessarily want subspecies. It'd just be more work for the devs for minimal reward. I'd rather them spend their resources and time making a new unique animal instead of making several reskins with slightly different colors

Personally, I don't even necessarily want subspecies. It'd just be more work for the devs for minimal reward. I'd rather them spend their resources and time making a new unique animal instead of making several reskins with slightly different colors
Different opinions on the matter, which is okay.

Some sub-species are unique in their own way. We'd just have to wait and see how they do it. If they have the time and resources for the initial release animals and sub species, so be it. I wouldn't say anything against it because more animals is always awesome in my eyes.

I doubt we get sub-species, but would love to have some. They could use the same model for every animal in a species but give it different skins. The cool part about sub-species would be, that you'd need different biomes, which can help towards the region you play your zoo in. Plus I'd looove to have barbary lions.

Top Bottom