Newcomer / Intro Do gimballed multi-cannons get better than 2F?

When Google gave me the information here, I found it invaluable. "Randoms" are just as entitled to access of information and enjoyment, as well as being a part of the forum community as "Elite-Upper-class" members who somehow see themselves as more worthy? <shrug>

If posts are closed, then the forums and search engine capability on providing information to help new players becomes something of a more exclusive content where new players have no idea whatsoever as to what the hell people are talking about.

Edit: Besides, when old posts are brought into the fore, it only serves as a multiplier on the forum itself, for bringing helpful information to new players who may be searching for this kind of information in the forums, so that they can get on with enjoying their game :)

I don't see how something like this deserves complaining about. If someone sees an old thread, and they already know the info, just move on.. why complain?
The issue is the game is not static, information that was perfectly fine even a year ago can be invalid now which is why we see people asking about where to buy Advanced Discovery Scanners which haven’t been in the game since last December.

When Google gave me the information here, I found it invaluable. "Randoms" are just as entitled to access of information and enjoyment, as well as being a part of the forum community as "Elite-Upper-class" members who somehow see themselves as more worthy? <shrug>
Sorry but that is just daft. As @aRJay pointed out, info goes out of date, the failure to re-lock old threads on the forum move leaves much open to misinterpretation. Nobody actually complained about your post as such but were remarking on the fact that such old posts were not locked, so no need to get snotty.

Last edited:
I don't see how something like this deserves complaining about. If someone sees an old thread, and they already know the info, just move on.. why complain?
It's not about knowing the info - it's (more often than not) that the info is outdated or plain wrong. If you want an example, go to Google and search for ED's "Advanced Discovery Scanner".

To save you the trouble: it was introduced, with a bug, sometime during 1.x (definitely before my time). The bug (infinite range) was kept as a feature (as they often are, not only in ED) until the scanners went through a complete revamp with IIRC 3.3, so today they don't exist anymore. Still we regularly get, every couple of months or so, someone who dug up some old threads about the ADS, found places to buy them in the forum, went there and then comes complaining that none of the places that are supposed to sell the ADS will show them to him.

By all means, keep the threads like "What is this" in the exploration subforum alive - but please close the threads with outdated info.

Lots of forums get real snotty at newbies who ask questions that have been answered multiple times, so searching for a thread is normally best practice.

Here, we are more tolerant, and never (rarely) harass people for asking the same-old same-old or blatantly obvious. So for the reasons above, we (I) encourage people to just ask away.

Top Bottom