Dear Frontier Development, can e get space legs already or start to work on it?

why dont we have space legs yet, can the developers give a reasonable explanation very elaborated if possible. i dont believe the whole "new game of itself" argument at all. do they event want to implement it in the first place? or is just something that they are using to keeping the community hoping.

why dont we have space legs yet, can the developers give a reasonable explanation very elaborated if possible. i dont believe the whole "new game of itself" argument at all. do they event want to implement it in the first place? or is just something that they are using to keeping the community hoping.
Why do you need to make muliple topics of the same thing. Here a topic you wrote 28/08/2018 B Nobody asked for it but we keep getting it B

2 space legs; people like to say that there is no point to it even tho in this forum we have given enough functioning feature for space legs to fill a book.

Why do you need to make muliple topics of the same thing. Here a topic you wrote 28/08/2018 B Nobody asked for it but we keep getting it B
that was a multi point thread this is a focused one point thread.besides this is the feature request forum, im requesting for space legs. In this instance im trying to see if someone (from frontier preferably) can answer a question that can probably ease the space legs question because so far the answers that i get are from players that act like they are Fdvelopment itself and give very misleading or non constructing comment usually with a big side of salt. :)

By contrast, why don't you define what you want when you say "space legs". I ask because, if all you want is a mechanism to want around inside the ship and look at the "pretty", then I think that is a waste of time because you'll use it a couple of times, then ignore it except when you get a never before owned ship.

On the other hand, if you want engaging game play, I would point out that you are asking for another engine entirely to be added to the game and that most of those involve dedicated maps, meaning that every time you go anywhere outside the ship, the game has to generate some sort of map even when you are on some little potato out back of beyond.

Frontier knowing what you consider important would help them to know what to focus on.

I really don't care about space legs. The SRV is space legs for me. I'm sort of curious how walking around in first-person will work with a HOTAS. I'm more excited about the planetary shaders that are in the works.

So your focused point about spacelegs is why it's taken so long? or you wish there was an announcement of it being worked on?

Well, they said they couldn't announce anything new that is major yet recently, but they've "pre-announced" they have started or already had been starting on something major that will be a new milestone to ED. I have hope and think from the hints and clues that it's most likely spacelegs. I even think it's both spacelegs and atmospherics. I think what's been also going on, is that dev progress also slows and gains at various times. Frontier has mentioned cross-development in their hiring pages. So if something major needs to get done for JWE for example, then probably progress on spacelegs or such for ED would probably slow down for a phase, then ramp up again when those devs can return to work on ED. And I'd think it'll probably be like that way from now on with Frontier's development for their products with their current new roster.

As for timelines, my own guess is that part of the foundation for spacelegs was worked on with multi-crew and holo-me. Where they had avatars and the character skeletons worked out for standing and sitting, as well as some arm and hand movements. Then it was probably put on hold while work was done on Beyond and JWE. Then proabably it was looked at again this spring. Then we got that teasing hint with the Krait trailer soon after JWE was released. My guess is they've been working on it at least this past summer. Ed also said in the Krait release stream with DB that they were working on new things for ED but wouldn't announce it until it was "ready and in a good place" to do so. So if they do announce they've been working on spacelegs it would probably be after it's been working and testing well already and only announced when it's in "beta" testing stages.

I sincerely doubt that they would tease or hint at spacelegs just to keep the community "hoping" for years and string everyone along. Frontier has a far better reputation than some organizations who predominantly do that kind of thing as a bad habit.

Beside me wondering about what it will be good for I don't think it will look like walking around on your ship like in Mass Effect Andromeda, talking with your crew and so on. I do not even have a trust in the design team to create something looking similar good. I am currently playing Mass Effect Andromeda again and I really enjoy it to see something else beside empty, rocky planets with no life, no water, no trees, nobody to talk with.

Top Bottom