Cyberpunk 2077 - official gameplay

I know it's very much the exception rather than the rule but Witcher 3 and DLC utterly blew away my expectations on release. They were pretty high especially after the also excellent Witcher 2.

Nothing exciting or surprising but the devs have confirmed on Twitter that the game won't have a Third person mode option or VR support.

Nothing exciting or surprising but the devs have confirmed on Twitter that the game won't have a Third person mode option or VR support.
We knew this, but I'm still kind of bummed. Don't really care about VR but the FPS thing is a shame. I don't enjoy 1st person nearly as much. I understand it's a shooter, and most of the game environment is "close quarters" therefore FP makes more sense but still. I'm very much a 3rd person... umm... person.
Maybe they will cave in once the game is finished and add the option to switch, like in Fallout for example. Or somebody will create a 3rd person mod.

And exactly vice versa for me.. ;)
But doesnt have any effect on my personal hype. Dis gonna b good and i cant wait for this too much.. 😛
Yeah I look forward to playing it as well, of course.
It's just these pet peeves are a reminder that no game will ever be flawless, :)

Too easy to look around corners with 3rd person for this sort of game. That said, I'm never against options, in single-player titles.

Too easy to look around corners with 3rd person for this sort of game. That said, I'm never against options, in single-player titles.
True, 3rd person is much easier in terms of situational awareness in general.
But last two FPS I've played, Borderlands 2 and Destiny, actually had moments that made me physically sick. I simply don't enjoy 1st person nearly as much.
I really hope that Cyberpunk will be awesome enough that it will let me forget this shortcoming.

I read something the devs said recently that this will be much more an action RPG than a FPS. The two examples you gave Chris are very much out and out FPS games. I like FPS games but I'm on your side with this game mate.

I read something the devs said recently that this will be much more an action RPG than a FPS. The two examples you gave Chris are very much out and out FPS games. I like FPS games but I'm on your side with this game mate.
Yes, I know (well, at least hope) Cyberpunk gameplay is going to be much less hectic than those shooters, which is what gives me hope that I'm going to be able to survive the 1st person view. And realistically, even though I gave the example of Fallout 4 earlier as a game that can do both, I do have to admit the 3rd person in Fallout is clunky as hell. I still use it 90% of the time, though.
By and large, I do look forward to CP a lot. And I'm going to wish the, for me unfavourable, perspective won't break it for me.

That. Was. Awesome.

Shame, I'd have gone for it if it did VR.

I still have my original boxed version and 2020 RPG with modules. Guess I'll have to stick to those. Now, where did I put my D10s?...

Amazing news on the release date. Think everyone here really felt quarter 1 2020.

I'm ambivalent about Reeves in it, I guess it's a good thing but a part of me feels he wont have come cheap and the money would have been better spent. Having A- list Hollywood talent in a game isn't usually as impressive in the final product as was hyped initially.

Still though it's less than a year away and it's nearly Xmas already!

Looks like there's an infusion of Johnny Mnemonic in there. How awesome that is, wow, CDPR didnt go half way there. I'm glad he's in because he's the face for that iconic Gibson character. Also that cinematic trailer was right on point and from experience we know the following game will not disappoint. Quite excited.

Tried to get the collector edition stuff, seems i cant buy any of it ?

Top Bottom