Cyberpunk 2077 - official gameplay

I always try to avoid getting hyped for any game based on demos, gameplay trailers and so on. With that said, the last game I was this excited by before release was Deus Ex Human Revolution and it's probably worth pointing out that was at the end of a seven year wait for another game in the franchise that includes one of my favourite games of all time, not to mention an eleven year wait for one that actually did the original justice.

All caveats about this being a work in progress are noted but given that we know what the company making it are capable of and that the video does show they've got the tone of a game set in this kind of game universe absolutely spot on, I really can't wait for it.
Yeah, hype is probably too strong a word. I was being hyped when I was 20, not now. But I am looking forward to this and will play the hell out of it when it's finally out. :D

What I really need to do is to secure a source for the unedited version of the game because this level of skin, sexual suggestions and language would be heavily edited in germany for sure
They don't care at all about nudity and swearing, they are just allergic to glorification of violence and stuff I can't tell you about, because the word for it is actually censored in this forum. :x

Graphic violence is though, live people being gibbed will at least trigger german censors...
I sometimes actually prefer the toned down versions. Best thing is when they have slider in the options menu to turn down the amount of blood and gibs to one's personal preference.

The problems start to arise, when publishers...

1. force you to play an edited version based on region locks (Steam is a prime example for this, console are still safe).
2. force you to play an foreign language version, because it's the only edited one.
3. force you to play an edited version in a foreign language, which is actually a parody of the original game (yes, this happened).
4. force you to play an edited version which is a buggy mess without updates and doesn't get any DLCs.
5. screw up gameplay mechanics with their edits.

I'd like the raw version. Original. Not because I'm a violent and nude junkie. Because of the complete artistic vision. I know it can be overdone - but I don't think CDPR will - I trust (hope) they do a real good adult game where violence and nudity have their proper place. Like it did when I played the tabletop.

Last edited:
Well it won't be a game i can enjoy with the family around (i assume it is definitely going to be an 18 certificate!), but ever since the awesome B.A.T games, Captive 2, System Shock and Dues Ex (original); 'cyber-punk' has been a genre i've enjoyed. The Witcher is one of the best games of recent times, so it seems like a perfect match in terms of being able to look forward to a new game for a change.

So much good stuff. :)

Exactly what I need to relax a little after all the EA/Actiblizz/Bethesda crap that I've been reading recently.

This is expecting to have a big showing at this years E3 expo.

Dare to hope it releases this year??
I can't wait. This one and the recently announced Vampire Bloodlines 2 are my most anticipated games of the last decade.

Last edited:
Given the past history of CDPR, I can only expect this game will be absolutely outstanding, and once again set a very high bar for others to follow.

Given the past history of CDPR, I can only expect this game will be absolutely outstanding, and once again set a very high bar for others to follow.
The history of a video game brand never told us anything about their future releases. There are numerous examples of renowned studios tanking into mediocrity. So please stop this kind of undeserved premature praise.

Any commercial game development operation has a high fluctuation of creative talent. In the end it's the people who create great artistic work. None of those people from the golden times of "CDPR" are still around, which is completely normal after such a long time.

Unlike other branches, where the names of artists get public exposure, so people actually recognize, who did great, in video development it's just publishers and studios. But neither Mr. owner nor Mr. bean counter ever created any outstanding product, it was numerous nameless artists, who never got the recognition they deserved.

After these many years CDPR 2019 is a blank slate and Cyberpunk 2077 is their debut. And it should be handled this way.

Last edited:
This is expecting to have a big showing at this years E3 expo.

Dare to hope it releases this year??
I'm guessing 2020, because it would make sense wrt the tabletop game, i.e. announce in 2013, release in 2020.

And yes, I am thinking of buying a new rig just for this one.

The history of a video game brand never told us anything about their future releases. There are numerous examples of renowned studios tanking into mediocrity. So please stop this kind of undeserved premature praise.

Any commercial game development operation has a high fluctuation of creative talent. In the end it's the people who create great artistic work. None of those people from the golden times of "CDPR" are still around, which is completely normal after such a long time.

Unlike other branches, where the names of artists get public exposure, so people actually recognize, who did great, in video development it's just publishers and studios. But neither Mr. owner nor Mr. bean counter ever created any outstanding product, it was numerous nameless artists, who never got the recognition they deserved.

After these many years CDPR 2019 is a blank slate and Cyberpunk 2077 is their debut. And it should be handled this way.
Whilst I hope you are wrong my feeling is that this company is doing great work and putting a lot of effort into the things that make a great game great.

However you are right to have a tempered expectation.

Whilst I hope you are wrong my feeling is that this company is doing great work and putting a lot of effort into the things that make a great game great.

However you are right to have a tempered expectation.
On tbe plus side, they are their own publisher. No corporate drones in suits demanding to limit features of the game, chop content into dlcs and add loot boxes.

Indeed and that seems to be a major factor these days.

As soon as brilliant companies get borged into the likes of EA Acti etc they wither

Indeed and that seems to be a major factor these days.

As soon as brilliant companies get borged into the likes of EA Acti etc they wither
Well, they COULD go sour, sooner or later. CDPR is a bilion dollar, multi-layered company and the people developing the game are not the same people trying to sell it and earn money.
But so far they have retained that "family business" feel they had when they were just 15 people making Witcher 1.

We'll see how it goes.

Top Bottom