Cyberpunk 2077 - official gameplay

I read about this morning on my Google feed, I'll try to dig up the article when I get home from work. Might have been PC mag.
Oh, I'm sure I will be able to find it myself, now that I know it exists.
In that case, I really hope the gameplay session resurfaces somewhere in a couple of days/weeks. Thanks for the heads up!

In case nobody has said it, CDPR has stated it will be possible to complete the game without killing a single NPC.

That. Is. Awesome.

Most RPGs give you little choice: You have to become a mass killer, even if it's entirely sanctioned.

CyberKeanu though, offers us the chance to truly decide on the moral compass of our character. This feature alone will allow for many playthroughs, never mind the sheer character building options available.

As far as combat mechanics, not too concerned. I despise combat in all Witcher games. It always felt terrible to me. But I loved the games, because world was so fun to explore. Very immersive. This might be the case for CP2077. Even if it will end up being somewhat simple mechanically it can still be a great game.

As far as combat mechanics, not too concerned. I despise combat in all Witcher games. It always felt terrible to me. But I loved the games, because world was so fun to explore. Very immersive. This might be the case for CP2077. Even if it will end up being somewhat simple mechanically it can still be a great game.
I would argue that sometimes simplicity is better. Especially if paired with a story of truly epic narrative, and a world so detailed that I can't even begin to imagine it.

In case nobody has said it, CDPR has stated it will be possible to complete the game without killing a single NPC.

That. Is. Awesome.

Most RPGs give you little choice: You have to become a mass killer, even if it's entirely sanctioned.

CyberKeanu though, offers us the chance to truly decide on the moral compass of our character. This feature alone will allow for many playthroughs, never mind the sheer character building options available.
That is absolutely awesome. If that's the case, most of my playthroughs are probably going to be more or less "paragon". Not that I don't enjoy shooting, but I am mostly rubbish and prefer stealth and alternative solutions. (Ah, Deus Ex, sweet memories)
Then I will have one playthrough for the giggles where I'm going to murder everybody. Even my friends. :LOL:

That is absolutely awesome. If that's the case, most of my playthroughs are probably going to be more or less "paragon". Not that I don't enjoy shooting, but I am mostly rubbish and prefer stealth and alternative solutions. (Ah, Deus Ex, sweet memories)
Then I will have one playthrough for the giggles where I'm going to murder everybody. Even my friends. :LOL:
Yeah. Personally I'll do my usual MO of kill all people who actively hurt others without provocation. So bosses can RIP. Rank & file? Depends on what I observe. A single line of speech may save their life from me.

Not that I particularly care what some gender confused, prissy sjw obsessed gaming "journalist" thinks about anything, really, but this article does strike me as a bit of an interesting counterpoint to all of the frothy praise everyone else seems to be willing to lavish on the game sight unseen:

Not that I particularly care what some gender confused, prissy sjw obsessed gaming "journalist" thinks about anything, really, but this article does strike me as a bit of an interesting counterpoint to all of the frothy praise everyone else seems to be willing to lavish on the game sight unseen:
A brave article, but somewhat refreshing in the wake of all the "Preorder! Preorder!" Unconditional love hype-train. I dislike consumers being actively encouraged to hand over cash before a product is on the shelf. Also, Keanu Reeves? Does this game really need "celeb names", it's a cheap Hollywood trick often employed by less interesting titles like COD.

I am sure it will be a solid title given the developers history. Most of you will get at least three to ten hours of story...then you'll all be back here moaning at Frontier to better augment your hundreds of hours of "shallow" ED playtime..you'll see :)

A brave article, but somewhat refreshing in the wake of all the "Preorder! Preorder!" Unconditional love hype-train. I dislike consumers being actively encouraged to hand over cash before a product is on the shelf. Also, Keanu Reeves? Does this game really need "celeb names", it's a cheap Hollywood trick often employed by less interesting titles like COD.

I am sure it will be a solid title given the developers history. Most of you will get at least three to ten hours of story...then you'll all be back here moaning at Frontier to better augment your hundreds of hours of "shallow" ED playtime..you'll see :)
Yeah, the inclusion of Keanu was a big turn off for me: don't try to impress me with AAA actors, just make a great game!

I guess some people do it in order to prove their trust/faith or loyalty but in monetary terms I dont understand it anymore.
Yeah for me a year long pre-order is a gesture of faith and a message"you're doing things the right way". As in no lootboxes or any kind of anti-consumer practices. CDPR built its reputation on solid products and treating customers with respect, now it's time to repay the favour. Hopefully their investors (stakeholders) will see that treating customers with respect is profitable, and won't ask for lootboxes or pay to win poo.

As for rewards, all pre-order options come with different goodies. Gog will grant you 30% discount on merch if you pre-order until 17.06, the physical versions include a steelbook or a keychain as a pre-order bonus. So yeah there are incentives, but for me the gesture of support is more important than bonus.

Last edited:
Elite: Dangerous is the only game I've ever pre-ordered and I only did that because I was able to immediately play the beta.

I'm sure Cyberpunk 2077 will do well and I'm hopeful I'll enjoy it, but I'm pretty picky and I had major, deal breaking, issues with The Witcher 2 & 3 that resulted in me barely bothering with them, despite thinking the first game was one of the best single-player experiences I've ever had.

I play these kind of games for the story, not new mechanics or graphics or whatever. And CDPR delivered five-fold in the story department over the last 12 years. Plus, I like them as a company and how they treat and approach gamers. That's why I didn't hesitate to preorder the CE.
Gameplay is the vehicle for any story that exists in a game.

If story itself were enough, I'd just read the script/novel or watch some recut YouTube playthrough.

If story itself were enough, I'd just read the script/novel or watch some recut YouTube playthrough.
This is a sentence that really got me thinking. (yeah, it's 5am and I'm bored)
Maybe the rising popularity of Youtube/Twitch let's-plays is a result of more and more simplified gameplay mechanics in games? I mean, look at the most popular games played on Youtube or Twitch. 90% of them is either repetitive PvP crap or grindy MMOs. Things that a normal gamer (by "normal gamer" I mean us, older gamers) wouldn't touch with a 10-foot stick. And the popularity of streamers usually isn't measured by their ability to play the game, but by how obnoxious and edgy they are while playing.

Proper decadence.

...or their phyiscal attributes.

Twitch never was of particular interest to me. I use it these days to sample games I m unsure about to help me come to a purchase decision. Often enough I m thinking "streamer...could you just shut up? Or turn down the volume because so many kids think they are cool when all they do is spew idiotic comments or demonstrate how clueless they are.

In other cases Twitch is a great platform to "play-test" certain games. Depending on the channel you watch you can ask questions or suggest actions and the streamer will reply or provide immediate clarity. And of course there are the truly exceptional ones who are funny, witty, mature and just have natural charisma (or a great voice if no camera) that make running their channel in the background (or while you are slaving away on the spinning bike for 90 mins.....) enjoyable. Pretty much the exception tho.

My only real problem from a glance at the article is that the only things emphasized are the sociopolitic "concerns" they found. And the gunplay. Sadly, I can't take anything seriously from a site whose gaming "journalists" can't play Doom properly. Or can't get out of the Cuphead tutorial. I wouldn't subscribe to all the hype, we should wait until August, when they do a public reveal of the state of the game.

Also, Keanu Reeves? Does this game really need "celeb names", it's a cheap Hollywood trick often employed by less interesting titles like COD.
If you were a cyberpunk fan, you'd have squealed like a little girl like us at the sight of Johnny Mnemonic. I think the inclusion of Keanu is highly relevant here as the face of William Gibson visual adaptations.

Most of you will get at least three to ten hours of story...then you'll all be back here moaning at Frontier to better augment your hundreds of hours of "shallow" ED playtime..you'll see :)
Yeah we'll make sure to remind you that, and screenshot our 100 hours milestone.. Witcher 2 was the shortest of the series and still lasted more than 50 hours for me. W3 has broken the 200 hours barrier. Last year CDPR confirmed that Cyberpunk is bigger than W3. That's a totally fair assumption that this one will last quite a while too...

I just hope the voice acting budget hadn't been blown on Keanu. This studio has always used a wide range of voice actors and they've always been excellent. The range of accents in Witcher series was great.

With this set in Amerikee that potential for lovely different accents isn't as good. No offence to our wonderfully cousins there! You are just too new :)

Top Bottom