Cyberpunk 2077 - official gameplay

Oh my, when Keanu Reeves showed up people literally lost their minds :D I'm glad to see him being part of this anyway.
I'm not the biggest fan of his movies to be fair, but he seems to be the nicest most down to earth guy in Hollywood.
My thoughts exactly. He's not the best actor by any stretch of imagination and some of his films are downright terrible.
But he seems to be an exceptionally normal guy. He's been through some tough spots and know what's life about. I really like him.

Plus it seems to me he might have been a little tipsy during the announcement? Which is extremely relatable. :LOL:

I dont want to peak early on hype. This will not be bought until it's ready for pre loading the night before release.

I dont want to peak early on hype. This will not be bought until it's ready for pre loading the night before release.
Well, happily for everybody they're apparently not trying to cash in on 'fear of missing out'. There seems to be no preorder bonuses, 10 different deluxe versions, or season passes. It's just a game sold for a fixed price.

You know - when famous actors get activated for screen time it's high time to get extra cautios about the game. Most of it is just glam and mirrors. I'll wait mildy anticipating.

I dont understand why ppl part with their hard earned money a year in advance for NOTHING! Just go to movies, get booze. Hookers. Have some fun for your money. Don't throw it away for some useless preorder.

Aside from getting the concept and liking The Witcher games for the most part, I'll reserve my "hype" for when I see some gameplay videos that either move me or don't. The only thing we consumers know at this point is the smoke and mirrors demo CD whipped up for the 2018 E3, and at the end of the day all that was was a rather generic looking FPS with a scant handful of gee whiz extras to the shooter genre, nothing particularly new or hype worthy. And that's setting aside the fact that it was a segment of game play that was produced exclusively to wow reporters and probably doesn't even actually exist in the game itself. People acting like Cyberpunk is going to be the second coming are giving it too much credit on too little evidence.

I have alot of respect for cdpr over the years...

I think im going to wait on this one though. I liked the first 2 deus ex games.. the recent ones havent clicked... at all... Also if they use too much gore from the augmentation lore they're putting in don't care for being that edgy.

... what am i saying if they storytelling is even as close to the same league as w3 im sure ill get it.

Out of all the E3 I honestly only care about Cyberpunk, Planet Zoo and new Kojima game (if it comes to PC), other than that... nah, nothing grabbed my attention. Lots of hype, cut scenes, cgi and paid folks screaming their lungs out in the first rows haha.

at the end of the day all that was was a rather generic looking FPS with a scant handful of gee whiz extras to the shooter genre, nothing particularly new or hype worthy.
Like having a customizable character (down to cyber implants as shown), a full open world, complete NPC interaction with branching dialog, and a seemingly branching story ? So yeah, if you just equip a bow in Skyrim it becomes a generic shooter if you go that way... Heck Fallout is a generic turn based shooter with that reasoning.

And that's setting aside the fact that it was a segment of game play that was produced exclusively to wow reporters and probably doesn't even actually exist in the game itself. People acting like Cyberpunk is going to be the second coming are giving it too much credit on too little evidence.
All former demos from CDPR point exactly to the opposite. So unless you know something that we don't, so far they do have a stellar track record, and should be given the benefit of the doubt.

I'm on the fence over Cyberpunk E3 showing this year. I have faith that CDproject will deliver an amazing game, but like I said before I'm wary of big Hollywood names getting involved. It seems wasteful and possible trying to compensate for lack of something else. Maybe I'm wrong and Reeves is a massive fan of the previous games.

Lack of showing any gameplay was also a little weird. But then nearly every other game there this year didn't show gameplay either.

I have faith! But it will wait until next year.

Aside from getting the concept and liking The Witcher games for the most part, I'll reserve my "hype" for when I see some gameplay videos that either move me or don't. The only thing we consumers know at this point is the smoke and mirrors demo CD whipped up for the 2018 E3, and at the end of the day all that was was a rather generic looking FPS with a scant handful of gee whiz extras to the shooter genre, nothing particularly new or hype worthy. And that's setting aside the fact that it was a segment of game play that was produced exclusively to wow reporters and probably doesn't even actually exist in the game itself. People acting like Cyberpunk is going to be the second coming are giving it too much credit on too little evidence.
Pretty much. I think the world is gonna make or break it.

I'm on the fence over Cyberpunk E3 showing this year. I have faith that CDproject will deliver an amazing game, but like I said before I'm wary of big Hollywood names getting involved. It seems wasteful and possible trying to compensate for lack of something else. Maybe I'm wrong and Reeves is a massive fan of the previous games.

Lack of showing any gameplay was also a little weird. But then nearly every other game there this year didn't show gameplay either.

I have faith! But it will wait until next year.
Looks like cyber Johnny will be like a mentor only you can see in the game, like a chip implant 😉 so that is interesting, also I’m really looking forward to see how they made the game world, I love GTA and AC Unity for the city so this one is really going to be interesting to watch.

I think that them not showing a gameplay is a good thing, actually.
When they presented the gameplay last year, they said the game already looks MUCH different from what they've shown.
The problem with that is, I think, that they have to block-off a part of the build and make it playable, due to the structure and size of the game. Fix the local bugs, make it presentable, yet at the same time, freeze the development. Plus it's a lot of (arguably unnecessary) work on the side.

I believe that once the game is good enough state as a whole, let's say around Christmas, there will be gameplay to be shown.

I think that them not showing a gameplay is a good thing, actually.
When they presented the gameplay last year, they said the game already looks MUCH different from what they've shown.
The problem with that is, I think, that they have to block-off a part of the build and make it playable, due to the structure and size of the game. Fix the local bugs, make it presentable, yet at the same time, freeze the development. Plus it's a lot of (arguably unnecessary) work on the side.

I believe that once the game is good enough state as a whole, let's say around Christmas, there will be gameplay to be shown.
There was gameplay shown behind closed doors to the press, so the game is there pretty much now. Supposedly it's going to shown in detail at Gamescon.

There was gameplay shown behind closed doors to the press, so the game is there pretty much now. Supposedly it's going to shown in detail at Gamescon.
They had a closed gameplay session this year? I know they had one last year (and then released it publicly a couple weeks later), but I haven't heard anything about this year.

They had a closed gameplay session this year? I know they had one last year (and then released it publicly a couple weeks later), but I haven't heard anything about this year.
I read about this morning on my Google feed, I'll try to dig up the article when I get home from work. Might have been PC mag.

Top Bottom