Cyberpunk 2077 - official gameplay

Will release on my birthday apparantly, fun. :) Not going to pre-order, I don't quite understand the point of it. It isn't as if they are going to run out of digital pre-orders, and there is always the chance it'll be far worse then people hope/expect/think/dream. :p

Will release on my birthday apparantly, fun. :) Not going to pre-order, I don't quite understand the point of it. It isn't as if they are going to run out of digital pre-orders, and there is always the chance it'll be far worse then people hope/expect/think/dream. :p
Making sure to get value for my money and games recently have proven too often that they cannot reflect the previous hype/trailers in any capacity or sometimes are downright disappointing (Anthem, Fallout 76). Plus it doesnt really matter if I start playing on day 1 of release or a week later. Just the accuracy of my view on the game will be so much better instead of being a risk purchase.

Making sure to get value for my money and games recently have proven too often that they cannot reflect the previous hype/trailers in any capacity or sometimes are downright disappointing (Anthem, Fallout 76). Plus it doesnt really matter if I start playing on day 1 of release or a week later. Just the accuracy of my view on the game will be so much better instead of being a risk purchase.
It looks certainly good, but hype trains tend to end in wrecks. :)
I have no idea why gamers just never, ever learn. We're a year from release and very little is known about this at all. Yet people run around yelling its game of the century and so on. "Cautious optimism" is warranted due to W3, but that is about it. But somehow everything always oscillates between "best gamer ever!" and "worst game ever!". :p

Besides, you don't even have to wait a week. You can buy it on day 1 if you like, and as far as I can tell there isn't even a discount or anything when you pre-order. Other than the joy of spending money and fueling the inner hype I don't really see any objective advantage to pre-ordering. Unless I am missing something? Is there any advantage to pre-ordering? :unsure:

Last edited:
I have no idea why gamers just never, ever learn. We're a year from release and very little is known about this at all. Yet people run around yelling its game of the century and so on. "Cautious optimism" is warranted due to W3, but that is about it. But somehow everything always oscillates between "best gamer ever!" and "worst game ever!". :p

Besides, you don't even have to wait a week. You can buy it on day 1 if you like, and as far as I can tell there isn't even a discount or anything when you pre-order. Other than the joy of spending money and fueling the inner hype I don't really see any objective advantage to pre-ordering. Unless I am missing something? Is there any advantage to pre-ordering? :unsure:
At first pre-order purchases were rewarded with some kind of gimicks, vanity items or even early access to alpha, beta or special release. This strategy has since watered down to a degree where you basically pay full prize for the right to wait with everybody else on release. Zero advantages apart from fueling the (still ongoing) development. I guess some people do it in order to prove their trust/faith or loyalty but in monetary terms I dont understand it anymore. Guess I m old :)

At first pre-order purchases were rewarded with some kind of gimicks, vanity items or even early access to alpha, beta or special release. This strategy has since watered down to a degree where you basically pay full prize for the right to wait with everybody else on release. Zero advantages apart from fueling the (still ongoing) development. I guess some people do it in order to prove their trust/faith or loyalty but in monetary terms I dont understand it anymore. Guess I m old :)
Normally I would agree with you, however in this case i give them my trust in they will do the right thing and release a good game. I'm paying now, so in case I go bankrupt before the game comes out, It's already paid ;)😁 for, not that i expect to go bankrupt BTW.

It looks certainly good, but hype trains tend to end in wrecks. :)
CDPR never disappointed on the hype train. Actually their games were consistently better than what trailers showed (at least on PC version).

No such thing here as there is no open beta, and CDPR policy is to offer everything for free including quite a few expansions and the GOTY edition. They even offer the game without any DRM because they consider their customers are honest. I tend to reward that kind of business. My preorder is for the collector items as these will run out...

It doesn't even need to be as good as W3 to be well worth the money.
Indeed and we already know they went beyond what was offered in W3 (larger scope, full living city, customizable character..). Also the cyberpunk / shadowrun setting is quite under populated at the moment, while every other open world RPG being medieval fantasy.

Amazing news on the release date. Think everyone here really felt quarter 1 2020.

I'm ambivalent about Reeves in it, I guess it's a good thing but a part of me feels he wont have come cheap and the money would have been better spent. Having A- list Hollywood talent in a game isn't usually as impressive in the final product as was hyped initially.

Still though it's less than a year away and it's nearly Xmas already!
Well with him in it, maybe a movie later on if it becomes a success?

I'll probably end up buying Cyberpunk on day one but I'm never gonna preorder a game again, I burnt my nose with that strategy.
I bought Subnautica in early access on Xbox but it's still suffering from a savegame bug and no signs of a fix in the make and it's already is in full release.

Keanu Reeves coming on stage was a nice surprise and the game looks pretty good, I'm more impressed by it's presentation then by Jedi Fallen Order to be honest.

Looks like the Collector's Edition for PC sold out in minutes ? I cant find it anywhere in stock (amazon is out of stock) - am in Europe btw so we are supposed to get it on PC too.

I will probably pre-order via GOG, whilst I still have a job and the money.

By the time it gets released I will have forgotten that I pre-ordered and it will be a nice surprise .... Or ... I could really have forgotten I pre-ordered and end up buying it a second time :)

Top Bottom