Disclaimer: This is not a wish list. Do NOT lock this because it has a list format.
While looking through some old footage of the game (pre-release), I remembered that there was an instance where a T-rex actually destroyed a ranger jeep.
Was there a reason for why this was removed from the game and is there a chance that it can make a comeback?
I mean, you get the option to acquire 3 rangers per station but, you also reach a point in the game where you'll probably never run out of money (the billions range) so why not make them expendable and require ACU to extract the wreckages?
There's also the curved fences in the background that would have been used to discourage certain dinosaurs from climbing over.
Is there a chance that more situation specific fences will come in the future?
[video=youtube;1d0KE-nSlO8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d0KE-nSlO8[/video]Speaking of which, I'm kind of disappointed that the classic fences didn't make it into the final version of the game.
Before this turns into a long aimless tangent, I'm going to just list the things that didn't make it into the game in hopes that addressing them could give hope that they could some day see fruition:
• Less foliage saturation
• More diverse foliage options - Not just randomly generated temperate trees, palms, and ferns
• Rangers that leave their vehicles
• Possibly a technician class separate from rangers (the guy stuck in the wire)
• Rangers that could engage rampaging dinosaurs (either on-foot or in-vehicles)
• The classic wired electric fences with concrete foundations (instead of exclusively metal bar variants)
• Dinosaurs that didn't lock prey (dinosaurs/humans) into an animation when going in for the kill (the T-rex running while eating the ranger)
• Carnivores that didn't act like they were attacking other dinosaurs and instead made physical contact (no air biting)
• Dirt paths as an option either below cheap concrete or as a terrain type that could be applied with a brush tool (like in Planet Coaster)
• Path placements that didn't despawn foliage too close to it
• Lower tier paddock gates (hinged variants) that would have made the current in-game gates into an unlockable asset
• Aquatic pens (granted, the entire announcement trailer was pre-rendered)
• Parks accessible via docks
• Manual gates that could be left open through a compromise
• Dinosaurs traveling in semi-organized herds
• Blue ACU choppers
• The option to use lethal or non-lethal protocols
After reviewing this list, you'll probably realize that some (or maybe even most) of the observations have appear at some point in the 100+ wish list thread.
I wouldn't consider this as a wish list since these aspects of the game were initial teased in pre-release content (some of which is 'In-Game Footage').
Don't get me wrong. I still very much enjoy the game but, I hope that in addressing these lost assets and mechanics, I can help point Frontier's devs in the direction to making the game see its full potential.
If there's any details that I missed, feel free to post them below.
I would also love to here what the community thinks about this cut content and how they would like to see it reintroduced into the game.
I know I previously addressed the fact that players can easily achieve financial security in the billions range but, I feel like if some of these cut aspects of the game remained intact, there probably would be more things to actually spent money on but, that's just my thought on that particular matter.