Cheating in Elite Dangerous

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Two yearish. I think you were already burnt out when I joined.
I'm asking because offline mode was promised in the kickstarter campaign, but DB later changed his mind. It angered many backers so much that they demanded to be refunded, if I remember correctly the Reddit thread had more than 10,000 posts. Pleas for offline mode didn't stop since then.

Edit: I wasn't burnt, I was disgusted by the PP when it came out.

Cant wait for them to focus on launching an app to appease the mob with mobile authentification though. And still be able to phone.

rings doorbell

Hi! My name is Elder Phisto. Do have a few moments to talk about the majesty of Anarchy?
Still doesn't make any difference.

Other than the fact that you can shoot people without any repercussions, there is 0 change to the system.

Here is what would make a difference:
Anarchy systems become a home to pirates, all sorts of contraband are traded on the open market - no need for black market.
You can buy and sell hot ships and modules are no extra cost. Emphasys is on BUY hot ships!
Illegal goods would be manufactured here and shipped from here to other systems - great risk, great profit!

If any of the Federation, Alliance or Empire would want to do anything about this, they'd have to destroy the ports here.
Players could contribute and build large scale defence installation to fend off invading forces. Or fly the bombers to blow this place to oblivion. Pick your side!

And this wouldn't just happen through a CG aka the Weekly Tick!

There is your living galaxy.

I was eating a sandwich, doing a pretty good job, and it just up and disappeared. I don't want to name and shame but pretty sure it combat logged.
It might have had bad internet. Maybe it was telecommuting from the deep bush in Australia (yes, we have very bad internet here, even Kazakhstan is better off).

I wonder if FDev is going to over reach if/when they try to fix these issues. I mean, a good portion of us all change the HUD colors and in doing so have fundamentally made a change to the game. Maybe not the degree that Infinity Shields does, but it's still a "hack". I don't particularly care for modders and hacks, but I do change my HUD colors.

Maybe a drop bear attacked your modem.
C'mon mate, we all know drop bears only feed on human blood. SMH :p
I work for a backpacker chain, and we have these flyers up all over the place.

I wonder if FDev is going to over reach if/when they try to fix these issues. I mean, a good portion of us all change the HUD colors and in doing so have fundamentally made a change to the game. Maybe not the degree that Infinity Shields does, but it's still a "hack". I don't particularly care for modders and hacks, but I do change my HUD colors.
Hmmmm Ban hammer?
But technically, you are correct. Which brings us to the next topic: Would modding be considered hacking? After all, you are altering the way the game it is meant to be played. Your HUD colour should be yellow-ish because that's how the Dev's made it.

I've never changed my HUD colours, is there any potential advantage to be gained? That's the important part I think.

I've never changed my HUD colours, is there any potential advantage to be gained? That's the important part I think.
I did it for eye strain. When I play, it's usually after the kiddos are in bed and it's me in the office playing, so I turn the lights down and put on the headset and fly. In the dark, that amber can really stand out.

Crap... I almost forgot... I also changed the FOV.

Hello everyone,

We take this activity very seriously and, working alongside our development and support teams, are active in taking actions against those who engage with such activities.

We hope you understand that we are not able to share the details of the action actively being taken, or the steps we have in place to tackle the use of these tools, as we do not wish those engaging with this sort of behaviour to circumvent the controls we have in place.

We’ve been reading through all of the feedback you’ve shared. We appreciate your concerns and wanted to take a moment to inform and remind you that the use of cheats, automation software, hacks, mods or any other unauthorized software is strictly prohibited.

Thanks for your understanding.
wait....voice attack is automation software and can easily circumvent all sorts of intentional design limitations right out of the box without the user having to intentionally program it to do so.

so..........

Still doesn't make any difference.

Other than the fact that you can shoot people without any repercussions, there is 0 change to the system.
Sorry, you´re wrong. Besides not having System Authority they also open black markets and Interstellar Factors. Several of them produce rare goods. At least one, The Nameless, provide Federal and Alliance ships for Colonia. In the past they have provided Imperial armors from the outposts in Carcosa.

Never mind the role playing implications on the game world.

Bit more than zero, yes?

Sorry, you´re wrong. Besides not having System Authority they also open black markets and Interstellar Factors. Several of them produce rare goods. At least one, The Nameless, provide Federal and Alliance ships for Colonia. In the past they have provided Imperial armors from the outposts in Carcosa.

Never mind the role playing implications on the game world.

Bit more than zero, yes?
Ok what does any of that change except text or numbers on the screen? How does it change the galaxy? It's like a pinball machine, you can roll the score higher and flip the levers but when you leave it will be just like it was when you started, unless the designers change it.

Ok what does any of that change except text or numbers on the screen? How does it change the galaxy? It's like a pinball machine, you can roll the score higher and flip the levers but when you leave it will be just like it was when you started, unless the designers change it.
Getting OT so I'm going to leave it here. Maybe this weekend I'll start a new thread and school y'all.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom