Cargo Scoop

Just throwing it out there as this cargo scoop function really doesn't have any real purpose with SRV, maybe implement when it's open you take the chance of cargo getting thrown out all over the place and even becoming damaged in the "event" of rolls or weird drivers like myself...:)
Thus far as usual, great job with the title, keep up the good work. Vanilla to present and still play and love the game.

A damaged or hacked cargo hatch seems to release cargo to the void, that is true. But I am sure the containers are somewhat secured inside the ship, else there would be much internal damage and loss of investment if they would bounce all the time depending on the manoeuvre. Failing missions or losing money because of random chance is probably not the way to go, even if entertaining in the moment.

A damaged or hacked cargo hatch seems to release cargo to the void, that is true. But I am sure the containers are somewhat secured inside the ship, else there would be much internal damage and loss of investment if they would bounce all the time depending on the manoeuvre. Failing missions or losing money because of random chance is probably not the way to go, even if entertaining in the moment.
That's why it's cargo canisters and racks, right? It's all standardised, probably. Locks into place nice and tight.

That's why it's cargo canisters and racks, right? It's all standardised, probably. Locks into place nice and tight.
And if your hatch got damaged enough that you lose cargo, it is not really random since you could have avoided that situation, even if it is a bit gamey.
Is the cargo space usually pressurised? If not, perhaps the cargo conveyor controller is located close to the hatch.

And if your hatch got damaged enough that you lose cargo, it is not really random since you could have avoided that situation, even if it is a bit gamey.
Is the cargo space usually pressurised? If not, perhaps the cargo conveyor controller is located close to the hatch.
Maybe it releases the cargo to be nice.

I agree that an incentive to close the SRV cargo hatch would make sense, maybe having it open could simply limit speed as it does on the ships? I remember in Horizons beta assuming it would. Not a big deal though.

Top Bottom