Can't help but feel I have fell victim to somewhat FALSE advertising

I don't have doubts as they would have a basis to build upon. The DLC is a great addition. I enjoy them and I look forward to the sequel that will probably come out during the third movie 2021. That is, if it in the works. Not to mention, perhaps we can get the aquatics and aviary finally. :) There isn't much more I don't believe they'll be able to accomplish with JWE as it stands. Best to go on to a new slate and build upon the things that work in order to make it better. :)
Oh, I'm glad they keep improving the game. It's just I felt disappointed the first one were hybrid based and skipped it and it took almost a year to have a second one which looked much more appealing but had serious flaws such as Jurassic Tours stations not being connectable or limiting paleoherbs to feeders and not using them as landscape. Everything else I know not of but with past experiences I'm wary to purchase it full-prize, just in case

Spero che la voliera e l'acquatico escano in questo Giurassico non nel 2021 perché non esiste un mondo giurassico senza Mosasauro 🙄🙄🤔

Non ci sono aquatics che vengono a JWE. Lo hanno chiarito quando hanno iniziato a fare il gioco. No Aquatics, No Aviary, è per questo che credo che sia meglio supportarli nel sequel in modo che possa avere una base migliore che può essere costruita con entrambi. Questo è ovviamente, se è nelle opere.

There's no aquatics coming to JWE. They have made that clear when they started making the game. No Aquatics, No Aviary, that is why I believe it is best to support them into the sequel so that it can have a better foundation that can be built with both. That is of course, if it is indeed in the works.

Oh, I'm glad they keep improving the game. It's just I felt disappointed the first one were hybrid based and skipped it and it took almost a year to have a second one which looked much more appealing but had serious flaws such as Jurassic Tours stations not being connectable or limiting paleoherbs to feeders and not using them as landscape. Everything else I know not of but with past experiences I'm wary to purchase it full-prize, just in case
That's understandable but really until we see something confirming the sequel and what they are expanding it to on a different foundation. We really can only speculate, however, I must hope. They have quite a foundation to build upon now in order to give an awesome experience if they so choose to take the opportunity. :)

Lora Craft69

Volunteer Moderator
Spero che la voliera e l'acquatico escano in questo Giurassico non nel 2021 perché non esiste un mondo giurassico senza Mosasauro 🙄🙄🤔

I hope that the aviary and the aquatic come out in this Jurassic not in 2021 because there is not a Jurassic world without a Mosasaurus.
I added English Google translation but please post in English only on these forums.

Thanks.

They actually never said anything, technically. Radio silence was there from the beginning. Yet, they released several 'in-game footages' sporting dinosaur animations that people (already expecting at the very least JPOG standard quality) rightfully took for behaviors, that blatantly weren't present in the base game. Call that whatever you like but to me this is misleading at least and shouldn't be endorsed nowadays.

I agree with the first part, although I still have plenty of doubts to give the DLCs a try. However, I'm not at all excited for a sequel that will likely repeat the same mistakes, with the prequel still so unfinished.
JPOG is garbage. It was garbage in 2003 and it's garbage now.

No it isn't misleading cause they never told you anything. You mislead yourself.

If they make a sequel, of course it will better than JWE.

JPOG is garbage. It was garbage in 2003 and it's garbage now.

No it isn't misleading cause they never told you anything. You mislead yourself.

If they make a sequel, of course it will better than JWE.
If JPOG was garbage back then, JWE is more than garbage nowadays...

As I said, showing 'in-game footages' portraying things the base game didn't include was objectively missleading for everyone with eyes to see. Advertisements usually show, don't 'tell' anything, so this is a poor excuse for argument.

On the last point I could agree because JWE was objectively garbage at launch so it wouldn't be difficult to improve. However, I refuse to pay again for the same doll with the new hat and for the sake of the future game industry I hope and trust I won't be the only one.

So, we agree to disagree.

If JPOG was garbage back then, JWE is more than garbage nowadays...

As I said, showing 'in-game footages' portraying things the base game didn't include was objectively missleading for everyone with eyes to see. Advertisements usually show, don't 'tell' anything, so this is a poor excuse for argument.

On the last point I could agree because JWE was objectively garbage at launch so it wouldn't be difficult to improve. However, I refuse to pay again for the same doll with the new hat and for the sake of the future game industry I hope and trust I won't be the only one.

So, we agree to disagree.
No, JPOG was Garbage and JWE was a much better game even at launch. The reason why JPOG is so popular is because it was the only game on the market that used the JP license in a park building game. JWE has completely eclipsed it.

No it isn't misleading cause they never promised you anything. You saw something and mislead yourself. You thought you saw a Dinosaur sleeping but what you were looking at was a sick Dinosaur. They do the same sleeping thing when they get really sick. If you thought it was sleeping then that's your fault. Frontier never said the Dinosaurs hunt in packs, sleep or anything else. Sleeping was added in later. I even thought the Raptors chasing the Triceratops were hunting. But I was wrong. I thought that, Frontier never said that's what it was.

Again, we agree to disagree, but since I found your arguments funny...

No, JPOG was Garbage and JWE was a much better game even at launch. The reason why JPOG is so popular is because it was the only game on the market that used the JP license in a park building game. JWE has completely eclipsed it.
(...) Frontier never said the Dinosaurs hunt in packs, sleep or anything else. (...)
So, JPOG was garbage even thought it had definitively some kind of dinosaur AI at the beginning (something that was hugely improved later on through mods, due to the lack of company support back then, but I'm sure if it had it the game would have been a whole lot better). Yet, "JWE has completely eclipsed it" although it didn't have ANY basic AI whatsoever. So logical...

Also, JPOG had a whole lot of options more in terms of attractions, guest and dinosaur management. JWE allegedly was a management game, yet it's visitors don't even have collective personalities, much less individual. And to "manage" dinosaurs the only option is fire some ACU helicopter to them and them move them away. That's all. So, again, completely eclipsing lures, repellents (both in building and helicopter), lethal gene and removal killings. That's what? Four more options for JPOG to one JWE? I completely see the eclipsing, yeah...

Before you counterargument with new features such as gene splicing, really take a breath to think how this thing really affects gameplay, because it doesn't. It literally only serves to the purpose of playing with rating and incubation-failure chance. Maybe Wu's genes add some further usefulness, but I think they work over a bad design to begin with so I consider them more like a fix than a real adding.

I even thought the Raptors chasing the Triceratops were hunting. But I was wrong. I thought that, Frontier never said that's what it was.
Ok... If you want to assume all FD faults, that's your choice, not mine. That particular clip had the tag 'in-game footage' so I didn't even thought the raptor were actually hunting the trike, but at least it showed the game could portray raptors chasing other animals even if there was no collective pack-hunting (which, by the way, JPOG had). It didn't. They don't even do that a year later. "Herd" mechanic is broken as it only tends to stick raptors together and, from time to time, make them walk (walk, not even run) in the same direction). They won't ever run towards anything. They act, and keep acting, as headless chickens.

Kindly explain how this all makes JWE greater than JPOG because, as I say, I wholeheartedly disagree and, until today, I keep going back to JPOG far more often than to JWE. So we agree to disagree...

And if THAT is the case, then WHY show it in the trailer? This is where the false advertisment comes in.

Does it annoy anyone else?
I mean if you made this post like a year ago then I would agree with you. Even then its still just a trailer and never was in actual gameplay footage.

Completely agree with OP.
It's not in game because the entire gameplay of this game is centered around Rangers, so they had to make them invincible.

You have to send Rangers every 30min to refill feeders, which make absolutely no sense at all. (The feeder is obviously an elevator connected to an underground tunnel network.) This was in my opinion the worst gamedesign decision made in this game. They could have been made vulnerable to dinosaurs if feeders automatically refilled like in JPOG, because loosing a Ranger jeep would not break the game as it would now.

I hope they don't do this mistake again in JWE2.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know why Frontier have not made this a thing, but my theory would be that they do not want to deal with lazy gamers complaining that they have to tranq every single carnivore before feeding them , but wouldnt that be more realistic? I personally would find other ways around it, like fencing off my ground feeders so the rangers can drive in through one gate, stock the feeder, then drive out the same gate, then open another gate that allows the dino's in to feed as soon as the rangers are safe, its a grind, sure, but would it not be a fun grind?

And if THAT is the case, then WHY show it in the trailer? This is where the false advertisment comes in.

Does it annoy anyone else?
I am pretty sure this has been discussed many times on this forum and the answer always has been it isnt that Frontier chose to make rangers invincible for gameplay reasons but because Jeep wouldn't allow them to. There are a lot of weird gameplay choices that were made with this game and most if not all of them stem back to either Universal Studios or Jeep forcing them to make weird decisions. I know that if Frontier were to decide not to use Jeep's models but only the default model for the Ranger vehicle (which I am assuming is not a Jeep or some other company's design) they would have constant threads asking when or why the '93 Jeep is going to be added to the game. If they were given the green flag to make destructible jeeps I honestly dont think it would make to much of a difference gameplay-wise. Jeeps are only the price of a basic triceratops and there is nothing stopping you from making paddocks that are designed to protect ranger vehicles even though it isnt necessary.

Top Bottom