After the stunning success of Operation Conegate in 3304, Canonn is proud to announce:
Operation Cabin Fever
The Gnosis will be setting off heading ‘below’ the bubble as far as we can get. The Gnosis should be easily accessible until April 18th, but from that point on you will probably be stuck in a single system for each week - maybe with just a star to look at. And we will carry on doing this for the next three months. Hence: Operation Cabin Fever!
The big prize for coming along is access to two systems that don’t seem to have been visited - ever. So we could be the first to see HIP 4099, 265 Ly from the nearest known system, and then IRAS 21565-3937, aka IC 5148, aka the Spare-tyre Nebula - only 3000 Ly from Sol, but never visited - until now.
Once there the question becomes - can you be the one to get that sweet premium exploration data out of there? Will you be the one to get your name on the system? And if you do get your name on the system - will anyone ever know, since no-one else can visit those systems!
Terms & Conditions
- The Pilot’s Federation have not signed off on this trip! We’re approved for the April jumps, but there is no guarantee that they will allow jumps from that point on.
- Canonn take no responsibility for you, your ship or your gin rations.
- Or your biscuits. We recommend hiring guards for biscuits while on The Gnosis.
- There will be little to do - send an unloved alt, and prepare to be very, very bored - then very excited - then very bored again.
- If we find anything more fun to do with The Gnosis we may decide not to go. Because we are fickle (and did we mention that the trip will be boring?)
- The Gnosis has outfitting, so you can call up any modules you need, as long as you already stored them. We’re close to the bubble so it should be reasonably fast.
- But The Gnosis has no shipyard, so choose your ship wisely.
- Full Press Release available
The Gnosis jumps every Thursday with the restart at 07:00 game-time. Be onboard before the jump to fly with her. You can join the expedition at any time, if you can work out a route.
|Month||Day||Jumps to System|
|18th||Flyooe Dryeia LH-L c24-0 <-------- GNOSIS IS HERE!|
|25th||Flyooe Dryeia JJ-G d11-0|
|9th||Prooe Dryeia XP-X d1-0|
|16th||Prooe Dryeia SF-N d7-0|
|23rd||Prooe Dryeia RQ-C d13-0|
|30th||Screagi FP-Z d0|
|13th||Screagi BJ-B d0|
|20th||Nidgiae QJ-F d12-1|
|27th||Swoilz II-K d8-0|
|July||4th||Swoilz GX-T d3-2|
|11th||Swoilz UL-A c2-7|
Green systems should be reachable with a 60 Ly jump range. Yellow systems may be accessible with a long jump range ship - they appear to have been visited, but route plotting to and from these systems is not easy. Red systems appear never to have been visited so it should be assumed they are inaccessible without a handy Megaship.
“insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" - Albert Einstein (attrib.)
“let’s try and jump The Gnosis into an otherwise inaccessible system! In fact this year we have extra gin, let’s do it twice!” - Canonn
 Frontier, we're talking about Frontier