Bridging The Gap

We have very little information right now about how I.I's will work.
Stop jumping the gun.

People compained about CG's... Fdev are now changing things. This is good.

I hope it's good. I hope it's fun. I hope it's different to the CG's of old.
I will wait and see.
My guess is a Guardian material trader will be the reward.

I was almost afraid Rambo would miss a week without posting some inane complaint.
Oh I'm sorry. Shall I ask your permission before expressing my opinion in future? Why don't you PM me your contact details so I can check in with you whenever I have a view I'm considering voicing?

"I know you are but what am I" ceases to be an appropriate response post primary school.
It's not appropriate in primary school, either. But that's not what I did. I merely gave my honest opinion on how boring and unimaginative constant complaining and whining is. If you don't like it, don't play it. Problem solved. Sorry, but if you want to be seen as anything other than boring and unimaginative, then proposing solutions instead of whining about the problem is a good place to start. At least FDEV is trying new things, taking actual efforts to improve the game. It might not be the efforts you want, but to call them boring and unimaginative is simply unqualified, and leaves the unqualified problem entirely unsolved.

So what do you propose? Because if you're going to sit there and ironically whine about everything while accusing others of childishness, then you really aren't worth anything other than childish retorts in return.

Yes they may well just be grindy...but at least this time around the grind will actually shape the game itself and may be enough to keep us veteran players in game.

It's not appropriate in primary school, either. But that's not what I did. I merely gave my honest opinion on how boring and unimaginative constant complaining and whining is. If you don't like it, don't play it. Problem solved. Sorry, but if you want to be seen as anything other than boring and unimaginative, then proposing solutions instead of whining about the problem is a good place to start. At least FDEV is trying new things, taking actual efforts to improve the game. It might not be the efforts you want, but to call them boring and unimaginative is simply unqualified, and leaves the unqualified problem entirely unsolved.

So what do you propose? Because if you're going to sit there and ironically whine about everything while accusing others of childishness, then you really aren't worth anything other than childish retorts in return.
You realise you began by denying that your response was childish and ended by admitting your response was childish? I guess it saves me the effort of explaining it.

If FDev want to offer me a day rate for advising how to do basic 21st century gameplay loops, they can contact me directly. Until then, I pay for a game and this game operates as a service. If the service provided is poor, I have every right to complain. What strikes me is they've had 5 years of trying to get the basics right and still seem incapable of anything other than the same archaic boring grind. No wonder the developers are regarded as a bit of a joke in the industry (fron 2 guys fairly senior in another developer). They're not quite Bioware level of incompetence...but they're doing there damndest to catch up.

Seems like the first Interstellar Initiative will introduce time travel to Elite.

I hope they also add a Time Travel Assist module, so we can avoid threads like this in the future. Or past, I don't know.

Play something else?
This is indeed a solution, but hardly an optimal one. Imagine you buy a car only to find the tracking is off, head gasket needs replaced and the exhaust has a hole in it. When you call the dealer to complain they advise that you buy another car.

This post seems boring and unimaginative.
Rambo has a lively tradition of starting random "lol this suxorz" topics only to pick petty internet fights with whomever has time to waste. He used to at least type a paragraph or two, but we're now down to auto-generated "[insert latest topic] is stupid! FD is stupid!". Oh well.

This is indeed a solution, but hardly an optimal one. Imagine you buy a car only to find the tracking is off, head gasket needs replaced and the exhaust has a hole in it. When you call the dealer to complain they advise that you buy another car.
Yaaay, pointless car analogy! (I'm sure that has to be on a forum bingo card somewares) You forgot about the part where you hang around in the dealership for months on end talking smack. Also the part where motor vehicles aren't being actively redesigned and added to by the makers after you buy them. Bugs in cars often don't get addressed until a bunch of people die, so FD is actually way ahead of the curve.

Top Bottom