Bridging the Gap - Overview of Phases

Hmm, quite busy, but nice to have the option :)

At least it provides title and date, so that in the dim future (a few months lol), we can work out what the decal was for. The purpose of several of my other decals is already lost.

Hi Commanders

Can someone please remind me what causes the column in the "X" before the Altar NOT to retract so you cannot drop the Relic?

Apologies for failing memory, due to too many Long Island Ice Teas out here in Fuerteventura I suspect!

Many thanks!

o7

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
So because I have not enough credits to buy a Python or a Krait, I must miss the half of the Community Event.

Or I must jump 700 ly back with my Asp, then forth again with my 14ly capable Crusader...

This is sad.
<mod_off>
I would suggest the following (all times in UK) -
  1. Move Crusader to Zende, dock your Asp on Wednesday 15th on the mega-bus in Zende
  2. Ferry takes you to the CG system on Thursday morning
  3. Do the trade CG in the Asp
  4. Fly Asp back to Zende on Wednesday 22nd, switch to Crusader and dock on the mega-bus in Zende
  5. Ferry takes you to the CG system on Thursday morning
  6. Do the combat CG in the Crusader, dock on Wednesday night at the mega-bus if you want the Crusader transported
You won't than be able to cash in the combat CG for at least a week unless you fly out there manually, but at least you have that option with the Asp - mild engineering should get you there in <20 jumps - do it right and the exploration data you can collect can be used to unlock other stuff like engineers etc.

Anyway, just an option, but it is do-able.
</mod_off>

Hi Commanders

Can someone please remind me what causes the column in the "X" before the Altar NOT to retract so you cannot drop the Relic?

Apologies for failing memory, due to too many Long Island Ice Teas out here in Fuerteventura I suspect!

Many thanks!

o7
The site is a SLF one and requires a key picked up from a Guardian structure in space... caught me out too :)

<mod_off>
I would suggest the following (all times in UK) -
  1. Move Crusader to Zende, dock your Asp on Wednesday 15th on the mega-bus in Zende
  2. Ferry takes you to the CG system on Thursday morning
  3. Do the trade CG in the Asp
  4. Fly Asp back to Zende on Wednesday 22nd, switch to Crusader and dock on the mega-bus in Zende
  5. Ferry takes you to the CG system on Thursday morning
  6. Do the combat CG in the Crusader, dock on Wednesday night at the mega-bus if you want the Crusader transported
You won't than be able to cash in the combat CG for at least a week unless you fly out there manually, but at least you have that option with the Asp - mild engineering should get you there in <20 jumps - do it right and the exploration data you can collect can be used to unlock other stuff like engineers etc.

Anyway, just an option, but it is do-able.
</mod_off>
Thanks!!! I got an easier idea from another forum member: there is an asteroid base with a shipyard in 200 ly in the Pencil Sector EL-Y d5 system. So with my Asp I can go there and transfer the Crusader. Then when part 2 of the CG starts I will try to get back somehow to Syunefe with the fatty. This way I dont need the long 700ly backroute. When the event ends I ferry the Crusader back with the megaship and then transfer the Asp to the bubble. All I need is credit, what Im collecting/grinding now. I think the Crusader transfer will take 7-8 mill.

@Jmanis
Since this CG will have different rewards (MC vs missile) I'm pretty sure that's what will decide which faction players will support and lore reasons won't matter much. So maybe the "band-wagoning" won't be that much of a problem for this one.
Get what you're saying, but the Hostile-rep problem will still exist for whichever option Segnen provides. It must be fixed, or players simply won't be able to support Segnen

So wait.....the "reward" for this grindfest is a new MC or missile that can only be refilled by synthesis?

.....and its only advantage is that it can be switched from regular to AX ammo is through MORE synthesis....which is too slow to be of any use if you get attacked by the "wrong" thing?

.....and even though it lets you get around that arbitrary 4 ax weapons limit by sacraficing resources to the God of Grind they're fixed weapons so they're of very limited use against scouts only come in small and med so they're of limited use against interceptors?

I'm glad FDev respects my time. I'd hate to see what they'd implement if they didn't.

My thoughts:

I'm actually pleasantly surprised that we are getting rewards and tweaks to the BGS and game in these Interstellar Initiatives. In future IIs I want to see more wacky versions of things offered to us rather than plain credits. But also, please extend this tweaking to other things- IIs could change any parameter of the game; a station might get destroyed, cap ships pop up, Thargoids go Gnosis real time (please!) and so on. The potential is unlimited.

If I'm being honest, I want FD to do this tweaking and adding every Thursday for everything; people will be surprised and I think enjoy finding subtle things that have changed- EDs galaxy is still quite static.

What I find disappointing though, is the GalNet lore side. To keep interest and momentum we need at least one story a day while its going on, to build a framework for players so they can make choices on more than material gains. The 'he said / she said' stories are fine, but give us reports, protests, alternative views etc to fill in the cognitive gaps that in game activities cannot fill.

Guardian Tech Brokers are ten a penny so nothing new, what would have been a lot more useful and go some way to soothing the Guardian grind would be Guardian Material Traders, would this not be better than giving us something we already have but in an additional location and promote much more engagement in the initiative?? Doesn't really seem worth the effort to be honest.

Have not got involved in a community goal in a long time as there has been so little point to them, Then I got involved with the Genosis and almost put the game away for good. The Thargiods are a joke as we can not prevent them from damaging the station only shoot a few as they run to the next target and lose our ships in the process. Now you want us to make our own bullets!

Does anyone of the game designers play the game!

My thoughts on this:

• The previous 2 weeks of voting weren't needed.
  • The Outposts and Megaships providing once a week taxi service are fine. Should have options for players who prefer Large Ships. Instead of an Installation, why not a planetary base with large pads, or one of those asteroid bases?
  • The collect and trade CG next week is fine too and makes sense since this is a company that wants to hoard as much Guardian Tech as they can.
    • The payoff for a Guardian Tech Broker isn't good and it doesnt make sense. You need to haul lots of commodities from the bubble first to unlock the Guardian Hybrid Weapons/Modules. So why travel to Guardian space to unlock them? Why not unlock them in the bubble where there's lots of Tech Brokers?
    • Since Zende Partners are hoarding Guardian materials, a material trader would make much better sense!
  • Next a conflict CG to determine which company gets supremacy over Guardian Tech. Ok cool! Rewards are either a new Multicanon or Dumbfire missile rack.
    • Size only small and medium. Why? Why not large too? Why not give more options to players?
    • Only fixed. Why? The player base has players with all kinds of different skill levels. Why alienate some?
    • Can be engineered. This is actually great!
    • Can extend the dumb limit of only 4 AX weapons. Also great!
    • Need to synthetize for AX damage. This is bad, if not well balanced. If these weapons are to have any success among the players, the recipe needs to be a bit cheaper. Guardian Tech Components are thougher to get. Also the weapons need to pack a good punch to Thargoids because if not and because they're fixed they will require more ammo, more synth and more grinding for mats. And without a Guardian Material Trader, more time wasted. If they dont do good damage, they will be dumped by most players. They will become useless.

Now you want us to make our own bullets!
A few thousand years ago a similar situation resulted in 10 plagues.

Synthesis is fine for "get you out of a bad situation", "once in a while to do something extraordinary" and "I'm too lazy". But adding a material collection grind to normal gameplay - Nope. Not doing it.

I'd be ok with synthesis to switch from AX to normal ammo or back (but still pay for reloads at stations), but to have to craft reloads....that's just adding a time suck to my game. Doesn't sound like "we respect your time" to me.

Last edited:
This may have already been suggested (and maybe it will be there on the 16th), but why is the information about these Initiatives not in the "Community Goals" section of the Mission menu? That would seem to be the most logical place to put it instead of in the Galnet news - maybe rename "Community Goals" to "Interstellar Initiatives" or something?

Again, apologies if this is either in the works or has been suggested already.

Sysnthesis for the AX ammo should only use Guardian material. Although I would have rather just had a switch without the synth (like how we switch night vision on and off)
It is a good idea and I see why Fdev did it. The idea just needs a tweak.

Top Bottom