Bridging the Gap - Overview of Phases

Honestly the synthesis approach is one giant mistake. It forces players to waste mats on literal ammunition. It is pure grind-to-win and is done solely to waste people's time. Why not just make them do both AX and normal damage like it was done for Guardian weapons? Why force cancer that is synthesis on players?

There is no reason to do this, other than to force people to grind. We see what you are doing and we will push back.

This is to say nothing about how the rest of AX weapons are hilariously unbalanced to the point of making most of them useless. Why do we need even more AX-related multicannons and missiles? Where are the lasers? Cannons? Maybe at least some seekers?
Well ... I will wait until somebody in the FD realizes that you can make an AX-energy weapon (not a plasma or a rail). then it will be possible to fight against the targoids, but for now, let them fly in the heat of battle at the station for reloading or synthesize ammunition and grind materials on them.

I guess pick whichever one you would want to use outside of AX combat. Missiles and fixed multis are pretty useless against scouts. Missiles might be useful against interceptors but why not just use gauss where you don't have to lead your target? Fixed multis are worthless against interceptors in an AX conflict zone unless interceptors start scanned these days since scanning can be nigh impossible and you won't get heart targeting reticle without it.

Does FDev even consider any of this when it comes to designing this stuff?

Just to clarify to get more than four Ax weapons we need to grind for materials to synthesize ammo to shoot thargoids for little to now reward so we can drive them out of systems after they are done blowing stuff up, so we can grind for material to repair stations.
It's not about the rewards when it comes to Thargoids... Providing you have sufficient funds for multiple rebuys (not hard these days) AXCZ's can be a fun distraction from the 'daily grind', repairing stations / station rescues also - but you have to be a 'poor little rich person' to join in :)

@Will Flanagan:
Hello, Will. Is there going to be more of a story(and lore) along with the upcoming phases? If not, this whole event seems a bit lackluster. This is kinda unrelated ,but is there an ETA when we will get the next set of bug fixes?

:sneaky: This is why other MMO's are giving up on doing Live Events. So much complaining about everything. :coffee:
It is all about hype versus reality. They advertised these initiatives as if they are something new and better, but all we get are the same CGs with very, very lackluster rewards.

FDev seemingly cannot help themselves but be "excited" about absolutely everything, even if its bare-bones and boring.

A few observations from an enthusiastic space trucker here. I love the idea of these events but there is one detail that makes me very sad.

The trade goal being restricted to Pythons (why would you use anything else) is extremely disappointing for space truckers that fly the larger ships. I was looking forwarding to bringing my Type-9 out there, but now there's no point. Again, sadly this indicates to me that large ships are an afterthought these days in Elite Dangerous which makes me sad because those are my favorite to fly. Please be more inclusive next time Frontier, there are other ships in the game besides the Krait and the Python.

I also hope all of these interstellar initiatives don't just unlock combat modules. It's fine if some or many do, I just hope not all of them do.

Hello Commanders,

The results of the first phase of Bridging the Gap are now underway, Zende Partners have rolled out their new megaships ferry as well as new outposts in the various systems.

Today, we wanted to give you a detailed overview of how the following phases of Bridging the Gap will unfold. Be warned, some of the details in this post will reveal to you what’s coming so if you want to avoid the spoilers and see how the story unfolds, don’t click the SPOILER tag!

Phase 1 (passed)
  • Zende Partners announced plans to establish a megaship ferry service between Zende and a system located in Guardian space; the organisation's aim is to foster activity in Guardian space as part of a wider initiative to develop new Guardian-inspired technologies.
  • As a result of this phase, today we’ve added:
    • Zende Partners as a new faction
    • Segnen Exchange as their corporate rivals
    • Megaship ferries at Zende and Synuefe EN-H d11-96
    • An Outpost at Synuefe EN-H d11-96
      • You can sell Guardian Commodities at this outpost for greater-than-usual profits
    • An Installation at Synuefe EN-H d11-96
    • An Outpost at Wregoe XQ-L C21-29 (mid-way point between Zende and Synuefe EN-H d11-96)
    • Convoy USS (pirate for Guardian Commodities) and a variant where the convoy is under attack
    • Salvage USS (where Commanders can find the aftermath of these attacks and score themselves some Guardian Materials)
Phase 2 (16 May)
  • With Zende Partners’ assets in place, they seek the assistance of the galactic community to help them gather Guardian Commodities and Materials.
    • This will come in the form of a Trade Community Goal, starting on 16 May at the outpost: The Prospect.
      • You will need a small or medium ship to participate in the Community Goal.
    • If the Community Goal is successful, Commanders will unlock:
      • The ability to purchase Guardian Modules at The Prospect (you will still need to have previously unlocked the modules via Tech Brokers)
      • A Guardian Tech Broker at The Prospect.
Phase 3 (23 May)
  • As alluded to in our first Interstellar Initiative video, activity in this area is going to attract the attention of Segnen Exchange, who seek to gain control of the operation.
  • Conflict within Synuefe EN-H d11-96 is going to arise and there’ll be a call for Commanders to pick a side through a Conflict Zone Community Goal.
  • Zende Partners and Segnen Exchange are going to try and get you on their side, each offering to unlock a unique new module as a reward.
    • One module is a new multi-cannon, the other is a missile rack.
    • Both can use synthesised ammo, meaning they can take on human or AX targets.
    • They don’t take up an experimental weapon slot, meaning that you’ll be able to stack them with your AX weapons for extra firing power!
    • Depending on which faction wins the Community Goal will decide which module gets unlocked. Commanders will then be able to purchase this from Outfitting.
Phase 4 (30 May)

It’s not quite a phase, but it is the final stage of Bridging the Gap. The winning corporation will take control of the assets in the system, as well as unlocking the module to all players. If Segnen Exchange are successful in taking over the assets, the start destination of the megaship ferry will change location.
  • We’ll also be providing all players who take part in this Interstellar Initiative with a decal. You’ll automatically receive it by either:
    • Boarding one of the two new megaships.
    • Docking at the new outposts.

So that’s what you can expect about the next phases of Bridging the Gap. We’ll be announcing each of these phases as they progress, with all of this details covered here!

Please let us know your feedback in the thread below.
I like this direction. While the consequences for supporting one side or the other appears small, I appreciate there is no “right” answer.

Looking forward to y’all upping the stakes in the future. ;)

Make a community choice. Having to choose (need to choose). Choose a side and defend it. Fear the failure of a GC.

That sounds good to me.
I love reading that, I've waited a long time for it. Thank you FD, Thank you Will.

can't we rather have a system where the community goal unlocks the 1rst module but we still can get the 2nd via tech brokers?

Having had a bit of ponder time, I can see a problem with the Multicannons being fixed. If the idea is that you fit them in place of regular Multicannons so that synthesis can give you an AX capability without having to change ship or build - well, who carries fixed Multicannons on a regular basis? Isn't it usual, if you're using fixed weapons, to go fixed lasers or rails and gimbaled Multicannons?

Both modules are fixed only.
Will, doesn't the Dev team want mere mortals like me to play with the Thargoids? I'm a poor combat pilot (you wouldn't believe how poor) who would like to engage the Thargoids (again) with more, effective, weapons. These are now 'on offer' with the CG, but only in fixed (or non-seeker) variants.

I'm a gimbal scrub, or seeker scrub, as at least I stand a better chance of landing shots with them. My skills are not likely to improve over time (good reasons) so I have already 'got gud' as much as I ever will.

Not a criticism or real complaint, just a polite request to 'include' those who are less skilled, please?

Thank you for this gesture of transparency. Thank you very much. Without being a great revolution, it is a step forward on the old CG.
I withdraw my attachment to the initiatives and I will participate in this.

Hello Commanders,

The results of the first phase of Bridging the Gap are now underway, Zende Partners have rolled out their new megaships ferry as well as new outposts in the various systems.

Today, we wanted to give you a detailed overview of how the following phases of Bridging the Gap will unfold. Be warned, some of the details in this post will reveal to you what’s coming so if you want to avoid the spoilers and see how the story unfolds, don’t click the SPOILER tag!

Phase 1 (passed)
  • Zende Partners announced plans to establish a megaship ferry service between Zende and a system located in Guardian space; the organisation's aim is to foster activity in Guardian space as part of a wider initiative to develop new Guardian-inspired technologies.
  • As a result of this phase, today we’ve added:
    • Zende Partners as a new faction
    • Segnen Exchange as their corporate rivals
    • Megaship ferries at Zende and Synuefe EN-H d11-96
    • An Outpost at Synuefe EN-H d11-96
      • You can sell Guardian Commodities at this outpost for greater-than-usual profits
    • An Installation at Synuefe EN-H d11-96
    • An Outpost at Wregoe XQ-L C21-29 (mid-way point between Zende and Synuefe EN-H d11-96)
    • Convoy USS (pirate for Guardian Commodities) and a variant where the convoy is under attack
    • Salvage USS (where Commanders can find the aftermath of these attacks and score themselves some Guardian Materials)
Phase 2 (16 May)
  • With Zende Partners’ assets in place, they seek the assistance of the galactic community to help them gather Guardian Commodities and Materials.
    • This will come in the form of a Trade Community Goal, starting on 16 May at the outpost: The Prospect.
      • You will need a small or medium ship to participate in the Community Goal.
    • If the Community Goal is successful, Commanders will unlock:
      • The ability to purchase Guardian Modules at The Prospect (you will still need to have previously unlocked the modules via Tech Brokers)
      • A Guardian Tech Broker at The Prospect.
Phase 3 (23 May)
  • As alluded to in our first Interstellar Initiative video, activity in this area is going to attract the attention of Segnen Exchange, who seek to gain control of the operation.
  • Conflict within Synuefe EN-H d11-96 is going to arise and there’ll be a call for Commanders to pick a side through a Conflict Zone Community Goal.
  • Zende Partners and Segnen Exchange are going to try and get you on their side, each offering to unlock a unique new module as a reward.
    • One module is a new multi-cannon, the other is a missile rack.
    • Both can use synthesised ammo, meaning they can take on human or AX targets.
    • They don’t take up an experimental weapon slot, meaning that you’ll be able to stack them with your AX weapons for extra firing power!
    • Depending on which faction wins the Community Goal will decide which module gets unlocked. Commanders will then be able to purchase this from Outfitting.
Phase 4 (30 May)

It’s not quite a phase, but it is the final stage of Bridging the Gap. The winning corporation will take control of the assets in the system, as well as unlocking the module to all players. If Segnen Exchange are successful in taking over the assets, the start destination of the megaship ferry will change location.
  • We’ll also be providing all players who take part in this Interstellar Initiative with a decal. You’ll automatically receive it by either:
    • Boarding one of the two new megaships.
    • Docking at the new outposts.

So that’s what you can expect about the next phases of Bridging the Gap. We’ll be announcing each of these phases as they progress, with all of this details covered here!

Please let us know your feedback in the thread below.

Wait, so you're going to ma
These modules...
have the same stats and can be engineered, however they have bespoke synthesis recipes which allow you to change the ammo to do AX damage.
Wait, so you're going to make two hardpoints, but you're only unlocking one? DON'T DO THAT! We get one of them and the other goes in the trash?

How about unlock both?!

[/I know this will probably be ignored by developers but I hate the fact large ships are so restricted in the community side of the game, if we want to take part in the community goal we need a small or medium ship? Not entirely happy but the idea is really cool, along with the conflict sites I think there should be more than one thing going on at once, for example some people don’t like combat so add another trading side into this at the same time such as the one with the most relics or something gets a point, the one who won the most conflict zones gains a point and the ones that have the most CMDRs on there side gets a point, that way us non combat CMDRs can still take part?]

Last edited:
I know there's probably plenty of people that are excited about having a ferry, and a guardian tech broker at a new outpost. And thargoid hunter types will prob like the new weapon not counting as AX in the overall loadout.

But what was all the hype about?

Literally NOTHING is new in terms of activities.

A Trade CG, a combat CG. We had those regularly before CG's were taken offline so the team could prepare for this big new amazing Interstellar Initiative... and here we are 10? weeks later, but it's really just more of the same, isn't it?

Top Bottom