Bridging the Gap - Overview of Phases

This works in the same way as other ammo-based synthesis, so the effect will be applied to all ammo within the module's clip and hopper. This effect is only available via synthesis, and not possible when restocking at stations.
[...]
We will be announcing these details in the future when the Conflict Zone Community Goal launches, but effectively, backing Zende Partners will unlock the multi-cannon, whereas backing Segnen Exchange will unlock the missile rack.
Thanks Will, all clear now!

Will Flanagan

Community Manager
Frontier
Will be ...
Guardians weapon blueprint requared for this sintes?
  • The new modules will not require Guardian Weapon Blueprints.
  • They come in small and medium variants.
  • To craft the ammo, you need the following:
    • Multi-cannon
      • Basic - 2 Iron, 1 Nickel, 2 Sulphur
      • Standard/AX - 2 Tin, 3 Zinc, 2 Phosphorous, 1 Guardian Power Cell, 1 Guardian Power Conduit, 1 Guardian Tech Component
    • Missile Rack
      • Basic - 3 Iron, 3 Nickel, 4 Carbon, 4 Sulphur
      • Standard/AX - 6 Phosphorous, 2 Arsenic, 2 Mercury, 1 Guardian Power Cell, 1 Guardian Power Conduit, 1 Guardian Tech Component

• Multi-cannon
      • Standard/AX - 2 Tin, 3 Zinc, 2 Phosphorous, 1 Guardian Power Cell, 1 Guardian Power Conduit, 1 Guardian Tech Component
    • Missile Rack
      • Standard/AX - 6 Phosphorous, 2 Arsenic, 2 Mercury, 1 Guardian Power Cell, 1 Guardian Power Conduit, 1 Guardian Tech Component
What sizes will the Multi cannons come in and will the missile rack be dumbfire or seeker?

This works in the same way as other ammo-based synthesis, so the effect will be applied to all ammo within the module's clip and hopper. This effect is only available via synthesis, and not possible when restocking at stations.
I'll be honest. In my opinion, this is a VERY unsuccessful idea. I see it as a forced grind, and this usually always turns out to be a failure.

Will players eventually be able to submit ideas for uberCGs in a similar way to the current player submitted CGs in the future?

Nicou

Volunteer Moderator
I'll be honest. In my opinion, this is a VERY unsuccessful idea. I see it as a forced grind, and this usually always turns out to be a failure.
I see it as "work more, gain more".
You CAN farm a bit and then enjoy an easier fight with your new modules. You're not forced to.
I feel the amount of materials here is okay. Phosphorus is maybe a bit high, but with the Materials traders, it works.
I would have loved the weapon to be Class 3 as well. The Type 10 will be happy though :)

Question @Will Flanagan: Will the weapons be Fixed only? Gimballed and Turret? Cheers!

I see it as "work more, gain more".
You CAN farm a bit and then enjoy an easier fight with your new modules. You're not forced to.
I feel the amount of materials here is okay. Phosphorus is maybe a bit high, but with the Materials traders, it works.
I would have loved the weapon to be Class 3 as well. The Type 10 will be happy though :)

Question @Will Flanagan: Will the weapons be Fixed only? Gimballed and Turret? Cheers!
work more, gain more
and ... so we are here at work, then? Well, I have no more questions :) except ... wait one. where can i go for a salary? :)

Do we get the stats of these weapons before we pick sides. I hope this multi-cannon is stronger than its equivalent AX counterpart.

If the missile can one-shoot kill an Interceptor, I might be tempted. Otherwise I will be going the multi-cannon route

If the future multicannons and missiles rack can be engineered , will experimental effect works on Thargoids ?

So assuming we get the multicannon, the missile rack has been modelled etc. and will never appear in game?
Or vice versa if we get the missile rack?
It would be great to have the weapon stats prior to the relevant phase starting.
If we can engineer this batch of Guardian tech will there be engineering unlocked for the old, now obsolete, AX weapons we got originally?
Will the engineer recipes for the modules be the same as the recipes for the non AX weapons?

Honestly the synthesis approach is one giant mistake. It forces players to waste mats on literal ammunition. It is pure grind-to-win and is done solely to waste people's time. Why not just make them do both AX and normal damage like it was done for Guardian weapons? Why force cancer that is synthesis on players?

There is no reason to do this, other than to force people to grind. We see what you are doing and we will push back.

This is to say nothing about how the rest of AX weapons are hilariously unbalanced to the point of making most of them useless. Why do we need even more AX-related multicannons and missiles? Where are the lasers? Cannons? Maybe at least some seekers?

Last edited:
    • Multi-cannon
    • Missile Rack
Not cheap, but with the new Guardian mat-laden DE USSs, should be manageable for use on a regular basis. As for the Multicannon being fixed only - well, I shall just have to git gud!

Thanks for the information!🙂

Top Bottom