Bridging the Gap - Overview of Phases

This was the most productive cg for me ever. I've slowly been getting the guardian equipment. Getting the nerve up to solo a thargoid
This cg allowed me to finish getting all 3 fighters, 4 of the 6 modules I wanted, and 8 weapon blueprints and all the mats I'll ever need, plus 2 extra blueprints of each type for future development. WHEW.
And got to join the cg for a break.
Keep up the good work FD.
Agreed. Am new to Guardian Tech and have so far unlocked the FSD Booster. Have very much enjoyed visiting the Guardian sites. Also, knowing that CG sites are a hot spot for PVP I arrived in open in the hope I would break my PVP duck. I wasn't disappointed as soon after jumping in I was interdicted by a well known PVP player and had my first experience of getting (almost) one-shotted in my paper hulled AspX :) Was very enjoyable in VR!

for cg newbee's may be interesting but for players who have all the stuff for years already, the cg is just boring.
It depends what you enjoy. I have all the Guardian stuff unlocked that I want, but I like flying a spaceship, driving an SRV, the atmosphere of Guardian ruins, Guardian lore and taking part in CGs with many other players. This CG could never be boring for me.

I used it to reacquaint myself with the Guardian ruins. And while I had the stuff I want already unlocked (1 fighter, 4 modules, some weapons) it is still fun for me.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Do we know at which tier of the community goal the tech broker is to be unlocked?

I read speculation somewhere in this thread that it was to occur at tier 1, but I've read nothing to support/confirm that claim.

I note that the rewards for the CG do already state "+ global awards" which suggests the unlock may have already occurred, but I can't recall how this sort of thing worked with past CGs.

Thanks to any Cmrd (or to FD) for assistance in clarifying this.
Until things are changed, all CGs will achieve their primary aim on reaching tier 1. The "+ global rewards" bit is boiler plate text that always appears but is rarely used. In the past these have been for things like increased facilities when the main aim of the CG was construction of a new starport or outpost for example, or the maximum allocation of a new rare where the main aim was creation of that rare (no, I refuse to talk about the Indi Bourbon CG, 749 bottles … :mad:)

• The new modules will not require Guardian Weapon Blueprints.
  • They come in small and medium variants.
  • To craft the ammo, you need the following:
    • Multi-cannon
      • Basic - 2 Iron, 1 Nickel, 2 Sulphur
      • Standard/AX - 2 Tin, 3 Zinc, 2 Phosphorous, 1 Guardian Power Cell, 1 Guardian Power Conduit, 1 Guardian Tech Component
    • Missile Rack
      • Basic - 3 Iron, 3 Nickel, 4 Carbon, 4 Sulphur
      • Standard/AX - 6 Phosphorous, 2 Arsenic, 2 Mercury, 1 Guardian Power Cell, 1 Guardian Power Conduit, 1 Guardian Tech Component
Glad to hear they won't need more blueprints! however what is not clear is what happens to the unsuccessful module in this conflict? does it permanently disappear or will it be added in some other way (like tech broker) ?

Glad to hear they won't need more blueprints! however what is not clear is what happens to the unsuccessful module in this conflict? does it permanently disappear or will it be added in some other way (like tech broker) ?
It permanently disappears unless ........

We write an open letter to FD begging for it .....
A 'game is doomed' thread gains traction because it is not available ....
We praise the entire Interstellar Fiasco Initiative and ask for another one to obtain it .....
FD notifies us that the weapon is available at the large pad at Hutton Orbital.

It permanently disappears unless ........

We write an open letter to FD begging for it .....
A 'game is doomed' thread gains traction because it is not available ....
We praise the entire Interstellar Fiasco Initiative and ask for another one to obtain it .....
FD notifies us that the weapon is available at the large pad at Hutton Orbital.
Ah, to be honest a better idea would of been just to have one unlocked for everyone and the other stuffed away in a tech broker somewhere (human tech broker needs some serious additions.....). people tend to generally not like the loss of content.... or rather react to it quite severely when they miss out on something much like the Cobra Mk4, forever gone, never again, people still complain about that and will likely will do forever until they add it in some way (like a triple Elite reward or something) The very same will happen if Frontier deny players the choice of either module in this event.

Also, good seeing around Lightspeed! i have been gone for a good few months now on the forums, good to see a popular face once more :D

Pretty disappointed about the non-gimbal synth-only design choice on the MC and ML (dumbfire only). I though we might finally get some kind of viable gun that does not force us to completely switch guns everytime we go out hunting. As it doesn't count against the max of AX gear I'd even accept if it would be somehow worse than the AX-only guns and the same in PvE, but like this there will be probably no one using the new weapons. A cumbersome design decision, I expected a bit more here.

Ah, to be honest a better idea would of been just to have one unlocked for everyone and the other stuffed away in a tech broker somewhere (human tech broker needs some serious additions.....). people tend to generally not like the loss of content.... or rather react to it quite severely when they miss out on something much like the Cobra Mk4, forever gone, never again, people still complain about that and will likely will do forever until they add it in some way (like a triple Elite reward or something) The very same will happen if Frontier deny players the choice of either module in this event.

Also, good seeing around Lightspeed! i have been gone for a good few months now on the forums, good to see a popular face once more :D
Thankyou, and welcome back, Commander Jaylem :)

Am I the only one completely ignoring this "Interstellar Initiative"?
Nope there are about 1000 players still not taking part compared to the average of 3000 CG players has dropped off..
But thats due to there being only 1 one part with nothing else to do...
Those who HATE cargo and salvage game mechanic will not be doing this no matter what it pays per ton...
This thursday will tell the true player base as its COMBAT time.... Then youll find out how many realy are skipping this and not just ignoring it because the first part is cargo only...
Combat activities have allways got more players active in the past... winging up in private groups is no benefit to cargo runs with combat the bonus is great for winged players...

Last edited:
Top Bottom