Bridging the Gap - Overview of Phases

Greetings Cmdr Flossy
The Guardian site on Synuefe EN-H D11-96 is very close to the Prospect outpost (1-3Mm depending on orbital rotation), and the site has about 20 commodities to collect (I say about as the number that spawn varies my last two trips collected 19 and 22 units respectively).

The site contains 7 sentinels that can launch even if you do not raise the pylons (the pylons being the 6 objects that raise from the ground and need to be shot many times to power them up so that they shoot their beam of light skyward). I found that raising the ancient relics will cause some sentinels to launch, and I suspect that they will also launch once you've collected 10 or so commodities (but this could also be triggered by being on the surface for a certain amount of time - I've not checked this.)

The sentinels launch in the same places every time, so they are very predictable and can be avoided should you not wish to fight. They tend not to hunt you unless you get too close (just floating where they launch, or there-abouts).

The site has a distinct layout (the name of which escapes me), at one end is the structure that the orb raises from, and at the other is a 'fanned-out' arrangement that looks like a hand. 2 Sentinel launch simultaneously from the region of the 'hand'. 4 sentinels launch simultaneously from near the orb structure. The last sentinel resides in a cluster of broken obelisks some way to the left of the main structure's central roadway (when heading from the orb to the hand).

Personally, I land my Python in the area that I call the wrist, which is a empty flat area between the orb structure and the hand (you'll know what I mean if you view the site from orbit). From this location my point defenses cover me across most of the site, and I don't have to drive too far to offload my carg0 (2 items at a time). And the landing site is very close to several commodities that can be collected with minimal risk of gaining sentinel attention (if that is your desire - I quite like killing the sentinels myself).

If you get ambushed by sentinels you can get back to you ship pretty quickly then use the ship's shields to protect you whilst you regain SRV shields and your composure (make sure you leave your ship with pips to shields and weapons).

Hope this helps.

Enjoy the CG Flossy.

Last edited:
OK looks like this is the only way for me - do you know of any undefended guardian ruin I can go to?
You're looking for POIs called "Ancient Ruin" as opposed to the "Guardian Structure" POIs. Set your filters appropriately (POI and maybe Signal sources, nothing else) and check your nav panel when entering any system to see if there are any in system (I think these show up without scanning... certainly the case for the other Guardian POIs), or refer to the list on the wiki (click expand in the table under primary zone):

EDIT: From Canonn Research:
Guardian Ruins will show in the HUD from across a system (more than 1000 ls) if the ship is pointed at a planet without targeting the planet. One search technique is to sweep the ship around the orbital plane to check for ruins, though it is suggested that Commanders try this in a known ruin system before heading out, to make sure that you can spot the ruins.
- https://canonn.science/codex/finding-guardian-ruins/

Last edited:
Greetings Cmdr Flossy
The Guardian site on Synuefe EN-H D11-96 is very close to the Prospect outpost (1-3Mm depending on orbital rotation), and the site has about 20 commodities to collect (I say about as the number that spawn varies my last two trips collected 19 and 22 units respectively).

The site contains 7 sentinels that can launch even if you do not raise the pylons (the pylons being the 6 objects that raise from the ground and need to be shot many times to power them up so that they shoot their beam of light skyward). I found that raising the ancient relics will cause some sentinels to launch, and I suspect that they will also launch once you've collected 10 or so commodities (but this could also be triggered by being on the surface for a certain amount of time - I've not checked this.)

The sentinels launch in the same places every time, so they are very predictable and can be avoided should you not wish to fight. They tend not to hunt you unless you get too close (just floating where they launch, or there-abouts).

The site has a distinct layout (the name of which escapes me), at one end is the structure that the orb raises from, and at the other is a 'fanned-out' arrangement that looks like a hand. 2 Sentinel launch simultaneously from the region of the 'hand'. 4 sentinels launch simultaneously from near the orb structure. The last sentinel resides in a cluster of broken obelisks some way to the left of the main structure's central roadway (when heading from the orb to the hand).

Personally, I land my Python in the area that I call the wrist, which is a empty flat area between the orb structure and the hand (you'll know what I mean if you view the site from orbit). From this location my point defenses cover me across most of the site, and I don't have to drive too far to offload my carg0 (2 items at a time). And the landing site is very close to several commodities that can be collected with minimal risk of gaining sentinel attention (if that is your desire - I quite like killing the sentinels myself).

If you get ambushed by sentinels you can get back to you ship pretty quickly then use the ship's shields to protect you whilst you regain SRV shields and your composure (make sure you leave your ship with pips to shields and weapons).

Hope this helps.

Enjoy the CG Flossy.
Don't we need a guardian key to open the orb?

Anyways YIKES I went out there grinded about 50 or so commodities turned in. We have alot to do LMAO if only multicrew worked for SRVs

Don't we need a guardian key to open the orb?
Yes you do need a key if you are looking to unlock the fighter blueprint, but Flossy was interested in commodities, so I only dealt with that aspect of the site.

You can very comfortably collect commodities without powering up any pylons (I do it all the time as I've already unlocked all the fighters).

Happy grinding Cmdr :)

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Greetings Cmdr Flossy
You're looking for POIs called "Ancient Ruin" as opposed to the "Guardian Structure" POIs.
Yes you do need a key if you are looking to unlock the fighter blueprint, but Flossy was interested in commodities, so I only dealt with that aspect of the site.
Thanks for all the replies, hopefully I have enough to go on now. I've mostly avoided Guardian commodities so far because of the risk of being attacked and I don't want to increase my combat rating by shooting at them. The only module I'm really interested in myself is the one to increase FSD range but so far I've not even tried to get that. I'm more interested in helping than attacking and a bigger jump range would be useful sometimes. :) I suppose taking part in a CG to access weapons goes against the grain a bit, but it's been so long since I participated in a CG I didn't want to miss this opportunity - and the trader would be useful.

Thanks for all the replies, hopefully I have enough to go on now. I've mostly avoided Guardian commodities so far because of the risk of being attacked and I don't want to increase my combat rating by shooting at them. The only module I'm really interested in myself is the one to increase FSD range but so far I've not even tried to get that. I'm more interested in helping than attacking and a bigger jump range would be useful sometimes. :) I suppose taking part in a CG to access weapons goes against the grain a bit, but it's been so long since I participated in a CG I didn't want to miss this opportunity - and the trader would be useful.
Flossy, to get the Guardian FSD Booster you will 'meet' 6-8 skimmers - they can be left to their own devices and will attack you at every opportunity - but you could complete the module run without firing a shot, it would be a little more challenging :)

Go for it, and enjoy the additional challenge!

You could always have a friend help. They can shoot the skimmers for you. Although, tbh, I don't understand what difference it makes increasing your combat rank.

Cmdr Flossy

I wish you well with your 'passive' run to gain a Guardian Module Blueprint - very admirable.

Might I suggest point defenses on top of your ship (they'll take out missiles but not the Sentinels, leaving your combat rank unchanged).

And a suggestion from Captain Obvious "4 pips to shields, and two to engines, on the SRV that can" ;)

Drive safely Cmdr.

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Flossy, to get the Guardian FSD Booster you will 'meet' 6-8 skimmers - they can be left to their own devices and will attack you at every opportunity - but you could complete the module run without firing a shot, it would be a little more challenging :)

Go for it, and enjoy the additional challenge!
I may look into that once this CG is out of the way, thanks. :D

You could always have a friend help. They can shoot the skimmers for you. Although, tbh, I don't understand what difference it makes increasing your combat rank.
Yes, that could be useful sometime. While I remain harmless, any NPCs that interdict me will be no higher than Competent I think it is. Plus I like being Harmless. :)

Cmdr Flossy

I wish you well with your 'passive' run to gain a Guardian Module Blueprint - very admirable.

Might I suggest point defenses on top of your ship (they'll take out missiles but not the Sentinels, leaving your combat rank unchanged).

And a suggestion from Captain Obvious "4 pips to shields, and two to engines, on the SRV that can" ;)

Drive safely Cmdr.
At the moment I'm only doing what's needed for the CG, but once that is out of the way I may go for the FSD Booster. Thanks. :)

Hm, how can I find the pylons at EN-H D-11 96? I picked 2 at data terminal, and 2 at the "hand" area. But It needs more...

The alternative, Flossy, is to buy a Sidewinder and scoop the objects with the ship (I think that may have been said before) .... much more fun than visiting another site !

You can very comfortably collect commodities without powering up any pylons (I do it all the time as I've already unlocked all the fighters).

Happy grinding Cmdr :)
Several people pointed this out during the voting (1 Module vs 4 SLF sites), and I think I was having a whinge somewhere about FDev adding some kind of advisory for people new to the Guardians, that they'd need Keys, not the Relics found at the SLF sites to activate the blueprint data storage... Wait!

--- logs game ---

And, no! Of course it doesn't mention anything about it in the CG instructions...

What I really want to know, is what unlocks those underground bunker doors?

I may look into that once this CG is out of the way, thanks. :D

Yes, that could be useful sometime. While I remain harmless, any NPCs that interdict me will be no higher than Competent I think it is. Plus I like being Harmless. :)

At the moment I'm only doing what's needed for the CG, but once that is out of the way I may go for the FSD Booster. Thanks. :)
There is a Module blueprint site in Synuefe NL-N C23-4, planet B3 about 2.3kLs from the entry point.

For the FSD booster you'll also need 21 Guardian Power Cell and 21 Guardian Technology Component which you can find on site, but only by shooting at the Destructible Panels built into the architecture or, shooting back at the Sentinels that will try to kill you! Alternatively, check the USS in the CG system.

I personally think running the vessel beacon to get a key would be quicker than this, I can get a key in a couple of minutes
Depends how many minutes per item for the CG, 1 key at 2 mins would only equal 10 in 20 mins not 25 from the 20 mins of game play in the video...
And you have to jump out of system to get to the beacon to get the key and jump back... The site next to prospect on the planet is in system no jumps required...

Last edited:
Top Bottom