Bridging the Gap - Overview of Phases

In the long term, it will be interesting to see if this puts an end to people grinding for Guardian stuff now that it can be purchased. I guess it all depends on how lucrative the selling of these items are.

It's good to have options though.

I just hope that all of this stuff will eventually factor into the larger Thargoid plot line ... if Frontier hasn't abandoned such a thing.

Question: If the system the megaships are going to has a Guardian surface structure containing data for the 3x SLF blueprints and requires a "Key" from one of the Guardian Beacons to activate, have you added a method to advise (new) players before they waste their time trying to activate the local site?

As it's the local site, and the first one they're likely to visit, people are bound to get annoyed after collecting every artifact, scanning every obelisk, shooting all the destructible panels, sentinels and pylons and then finally trying multiple times to drop the Relic in the Key-hole to no avail before asking questions.

Asking for a vote between one module and four vessel data sites may not have been wise.

I suppose they use some form of Guardian, Thargoid, or otherwise Non-Euclidean geometry as part of their definition of "mid-way point"?
Seems that placement in Wregoe XQ-L C21-29 is about half way between the neutron boosts you can get from Jackson's Lighthouse and M Puppis 35347 on the way back. With a ~69Ly Phantom I made the jump on the way out and should be able to make the jump back after handing in this cargo.

Edit: It's also a bit off the beaten path. Maybe there's more new things in the Wregoe sector?

[/QUOTE]I'm a gimbal scrub, or seeker scrub, as at least I stand a better chance of landing shots with them. My skills are not likely to improve over time (good reasons) so I have already 'got gud' as much as I ever will.
Not a criticism or real complaint, just a polite request to 'include' those who are less skilled, please?
[/QUOTE]

Good evening all,
personally I thought that i would be able to synth new bullets for my 3C gimaballed multi's, why can't we just do that instead of having to buy a new lesser specced gun?

It can't be that different if it takes normal and AX bullets.
Regards
Pug

Ok I'm seeing a lot of people saying they do t have enough cash. This to me seems sad if you add me in game I will start running war mission groups, all you need is a basic fighting ship and wings of 4, 4 hours play should get you approximately 400million which should help you all. I'll create a post on what to do and where to go. Aus based so will be in the UK am. 8pm est tonight. Also if you dont have a group to play with Haax is happy to help you all. We have a broken bgs atm so basicslly never ending wars!

Zende have just finished a war in there system, the empire based rival had cutters and capital class ships during that war...
So it looks like the empire faction won the war then if the capital ships are there... Interesting... er actualy nope zende seam to win, no idea what they are doing there then..
Captured prize ships?

Only fixed and dumbfire again? How exactly are those better than their existing AX Counterparts now?
Don't think they'll outdamage the Guardian weapons in AX Combat.

Last edited:
Only fixed and dumbfire again? How exactly are those better than their existing AX Counterparts now?
Don't think they'll outdamage the Guardian weapons in AX Combat.
Best not to go there...

It appears that convenience for the lesser 1337 of us is irrelevent... If you can't pick the eye out of a gnat at 3Km in FA Off with fixed/dumbfire you shouldn't be playing with Thargoids it seems :)

Not that such would stop me...

I know there's probably plenty of people that are excited about having a ferry, and a guardian tech broker at a new outpost. And thargoid hunter types will prob like the new weapon not counting as AX in the overall loadout.

But what was all the hype about?

Literally NOTHING is new in terms of activities.

A Trade CG, a combat CG. We had those regularly before CG's were taken offline so the team could prepare for this big new amazing Interstellar Initiative... and here we are 10? weeks later, but it's really just more of the same, isn't it?
I have come to the conclusion that the idea behind these isn't to have made them more fancy or shiny but something different.
These Interstellar Initiatives are more like a DM (or GM since we don't have a dungeon) guiding the narrative. The CGs gave the impression you could lose. That isn't the case. So with the Initiatives you get the story element without the illusion that you could lose and they still work to gather people into an activity.

Basically a MMO live event.

I still can not recognize the meaning of this "Interstellar Initiative". Hardly any player seriously deals with the Thargoids, everyone who looks at the galaxy's map sees this. So what are the weapons that nobody needs? No real storyline behind it. That's no fun.

The thargoid bloom occurred right about the same time as a lot of us went on distant worlds 2.
I'm back now, but I'm an early return. The event isn't officially over for another month.
Also, I hear that AXI has been making some inroads into containment since the heat damage/thargon bug was fixed.

That being said, it is apparent that a long trip to the other side of the galaxy was more appealing than combating the thargoids. So there is that to consider.

I still can not recognize the meaning of this "Interstellar Initiative". Hardly any player seriously deals with the Thargoids, everyone who looks at the galaxy's map sees this. So what are the weapons that nobody needs? No real storyline behind it. That's no fun.
Different strokes... Thargoids 'hide' from players who have no wish to be involved, those of us who choose otherwise will 'enter the forbidden zone' deliberately :)

Frontier,

On the matter of Guardian modules - unlocking them with the Technology Broker (whatever it's called) - and even other tech in the game, it'd be nice if the Technology Broker gave the Commander some idea as to where to go to unlock the technology on offer! Currently, when I go to the Tech Broker I'm presented with a list of modules that are highlighted in red because I don't have the stuff needed to unlock the module. However, the Tech Broker doesn't even hint at how to unlock these things, or where to go to find the needed tech (I think this is the case for other areas of the game).

What I recommend as urgently needed is for the Tech Broker to provide details of locations to visit to gather said resources and blueprints. Or, alternatively, something in the CODEX that provides these details. I think the Tech Broker would be better suited. At the moment the player is expected to minimize the game and research locations using Google to figure out basic stuff like where to go to find such and such blueprint - it's ridiculous, to be perfectly frank.

So, while what you have proposed regarding Interstellar Initiatives, and providing access to Guardian Tech is well and good, the player still needs pointers to various locations. This includes some in game prompt to where to catch the ferry to to and from these systems. Perhaps unique markers on the Galaxy Map would be useful to highlight these new things - as well as some way of using the map to locate Guardian sites, and specific blueprint/tech locations... Just thoughts, but please, implement an in-game solution because I, for one, can't be bothered to Google this stuff when I should be able to find it in the game itself!

Thanks for your comprehension.

Top Bottom