Beyond Changes

I was thinking what changes frontier could make to really build on the reality with their Beyond changes . I think they should make resources finite on planets and meteors that way as the less common items become rarer close to home people will have to use the new exploration tools to find easier sources to mine . This would in turn drive trading to buy resources cheaper at the coalface so to speak and sell deeper inside the bubble and slowly expand the bubble . Working in sense like a real economy where players will truly impact on the galaxy and gold rushes or famine can happen depending on located resources.

In a galaxy of trillions it would be completely ludicrous for even the highest record of concurrent online players of any game to remotely sway the galaxy. Remember the basic premise of elite: you're nobody.

In a galaxy of trillions it would be completely ludicrous for even the highest record of concurrent online players of any game to remotely sway the galaxy. Remember the basic premise of elite: you're nobody.
And apart from that we would have all the PVP'ers spilling salt because they are forced to go exploring to find mats.

That was sarcasm yes considering the current push for Open only, however I have no real desire for anyone to be forced to take part in game play they don't enjoy or want to do, so no a mechanic that pushes people into exploration is not something I would want, the 5kly to unlock Palin is enough, just enough to get a feel of travel outside the bubble and determine whether you enjoy it or decide never to do it again.

Yes but with amount of people already exploring and selling their data that data would reveal to anyone who wants to mine where to go . And they could lower the percentage chance of finding stuff over time as a place is mined not have it totally empty . This could even lead to criminal factions controling systems where you can only mine if you work for them and sell to their station for a cut or be marked with a bounty abit like a criminal but more like a hit paid for by the criminal organisation, it could grow to add all sorts of story elements.

Top Bottom