Are Y'all Still Playing?

I play just about every day. There are still a lot of things I haven't done like drive an SRV around on a planet. I'm addicted to combat and am not far from elite status.

Still playing, still enjoying it, still loving my Federal Assault Ship and now contemplating sticking some passenger cabins into it for a change.

Did any of them talk to you, I struggle to get responses out of most people, unless they are already my friends. :)
I tend not to initiate comms unless I'm in some remote area where finding someone is totally unexpected. I come to the forums to chat, I go to ED to fly a spaceship ;)

I've gone from playing 2-3 hours a day, every day. To not playing it at all. (last time I played it was about a month ago)

I will be honest and say 2.4 offered me nothing interesting at all and the upcoming 'expansion' (or whatever they call it now) well.. I've not seen anything that makes me want to get back into the game yet.

I am still checking these forums but even that has gone from coming here 4-5x a day to once or twice a week.

I've gone from playing 2-3 hours a day, every day. To not playing it at all. (last time I played it was about a month ago)

I will be honest and say 2.4 offered me nothing interesting at all and the upcoming 'expansion' (or whatever they call it now) well.. I've not seen anything that makes me want to get back into the game yet.

I am still checking these forums but even that has gone from coming here 4-5x a day to once or twice a week.
I guess that poses the question of what are you looking for? 2.4 introduced something we hadn't experienced yet with Thargoids and Beyond looks to update QOL.

Hey, I remember you! It is sad how so many from the "early days" have gone quiet. I think one of the reasons I've lasted so long is that I'm quite a bit slower at doing things than everyone else. Many were in their Conda's by week two, and I just got my first Conda. I've only unlocked two engineers thus far, and there's lots of other things I haven't tried yet. I also am an astronomy nut, so just flying around looking at the stars makes me grin :D

However, I totally hear you - this game needs some serious TLC.

Hey, I remember you! It is sad how so many from the "early days" have gone quiet. I think one of the reasons I've lasted so long is that I'm quite a bit slower at doing things than everyone else. Many were in their Conda's by week two, and I just got my first Conda. I've only unlocked two engineers thus far, and there's lots of other things I haven't tried yet. I also am an astronomy nut, so just flying around looking at the stars makes me grin :D

I am slow too. It’s taken me from the day of PS4 release until 3 days ago, playing everyday, to earn my Corvette. However, my gameplay time has not gone down, but it’s gone up considerably.

I play everyday. Took a break when ME: Andromeda came out, but been back constantly since about 3 months ago. There are no games out or coming out thatI'm interested in that will take up my game time. The only games I would want to play are a new Elder Scrolls, Fallout, or Mass Effect. I dont see any of those coming out in the next couple of years, so ED for me.

That's probably it. I was on the slower side as well, but now I got my Conda, unlocked most engineers, travelled to Colonia and Sag A and did quite a bit of many other things (Thargoid crash sites, barnacles, guardians, CGs, fed ranking etc.).

Another point is that a few friends of mine I started with moved on as well. I think I am definitely coming back at one point and the game will suck me in again, but right now it doesn't feel like the time for that.

The game has so much potential and I really love the open sandbox universe where you can create your own story (e.g. my rescue mission in Colonia https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/372969-Bad-day-Help-a-stranded-Cmdr-in-Colonia https://youtu.be/qVRUzDMjtL4)

Hope the development goes in the right direction :)

Last edited:
That was awesome. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks :) Was kind of the ingame moment for me, where I recognized that Elite (and its community) is something special.

Though "special" is a bit ambiguous, as all of this started thanks to a stupid bug - so thanks FDev for not being perfect ;)

Every. Single. Day. For hours. And hours. I took a three-week break when the 2.4 bugs/server issues got too much (just after mid-October), but I could feel it pulling, pulling... "Mano" it whispered, "Come play with me, Mano"! :eek: After all, it is the game I waited almost 30 years for! Yes there's definitely room for improvement, yes there are still annoying bugs... but I'm thoroughly hooked! The only time in my life when insomnia has actually brought me benefit... and when I'm playing, the constant tiredness drops away. Love it. Love it. [yesnod]

I'd reckon it all depends on what you refer to as light when you use the word. Light has no color unless it is illuminating something. The contents of a bulb appear to be white, red, yellow, green based on the contents of the bulb. The light simply illuminates it so you see it. What color are leaves in the spring and or summer. Hint: there not green, nor is the grass in one manicured lawn. Look it up!
Light is a specific portion of the electromagnetic spectrum with a wavelength between 400 and 700 nm and a frequency between 750 and 430 THz. It has no "color" until it strikes a photo receptor and is interpreted by a brain. Until then it simply has frequency, wavelength, and energy. Light in a vacuum has those characteristics whether it is being seen by an eye/brain combination or not. As a result, light that we see as yellow is yellow even if we are not looking.
That's some philosophical stuff right there. If a photon is emitted, but there was no-one to see it, was there any light? It's like the question about whether a tree falling in the forest makes a sound if there's no-one to hear it. Of course it makes a sound! It's a big muckle tree.

Different light with different wavelengths have different colours. Red's 700nm Blue's 475nm and there's a whole Skittle's rainbow of colours between and beyond them. Colours survive the cruel environment of space. it's why we can do Stellar Spectroscopy... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astronomical_spectroscopy

<checks overhead for Professor Yaffle's keep-to-the-topic hammer>

Erm.. but keeping to the topic, is it possible that there are a few PS4 players that have moved over to PC?

Got my new Hotas 4 yesterday.
$45 on Amazon, but don't get me started on their bizarre shipping policies.
I've spent a few hours "playing" with the bindings and relearning how to fly.
Funny how difficult everything seems right now but I'm sure it will pass.

(The perception of color is not the same as the respective wavelengths of those names, there are colors we cannot see after all.)

Ever since Black Friday, I'm only playing ED for the "Farmville" aspect of it - particularly CMDR Jenny, who needs to "farm" a good standing with Lady Arissa. Horizon Zero Dawn is the game currently captivating me; I'm absolutely loving it, probably more than the average person on this forum who has played it.

This is not a knock on ED, as I'm sure I'll be back to it in a more serious way once the Q1 2018 updates are released. I am, however, often thinking "I wish ED did this" when playing HZD.

I almost let my PS+ subscription go unrenewed, which shows how little I'm invested in Open play in ED. I ended up grabbing a $20 savings for PS+ during Black Friday, so that decision has been pushed back another year. It is interesting how much more "alive" the world of HZD feels as a solo game than ED feels even when playing in Open, at least to me.

You aren't the only one here that thinks HZD is the bee's knees. My time played is well into the territory usually only occupied by Bethesda's games.