"Permaboost" isn't a real issue like you think it is. Grape made one popular video about it that has been this community's equivalent of a study saying vaccines cause autism. Its misinformed, overly popular, and has hurt the overall discourse. If you don't want to take my word for it go look at some examples of great flying and watch the ENG capacitor, Yamato posted in this thread and his youtube would be a good place to start.As it is, people already flee when they get down to 1 ring of shields. And it would just be a further nerf of drag munitions, which prior to this patch didn't need any kind of nerf since it was already hard countered by permaboost.
They would be better off keeping drag as it was, and nerfing permaboost. Permaboost needed nerfing for a lot of reasons beyond obviating drag munitions.
The initial time was more or less 8 hours, the update started at 11UTC i think, so maybe finish at 19UTC i hope9 UTC according to the official twitter.
UTC widget thingie https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc
Hmm, fair point.Eh, that'll just shift things even further in favour of shieldtanks over hulltanks/hybrids, as if they weren't already skewed in that direction with the 100% module protection that shields offer.
I'd probably be okay with drags interrupting boost briefly or making boosting while under their influence less effective if they didn't also come with the 0-pip debuff.
we really don't know that yet, although it may very well be the case. then making the duration of the effects proportional to the area of impact would be an obvious solution. it already does so with the damage applied, right? (i don't know, i just assume). it is also likely that devs took this into account already, what should poor will know, he's just the messagerIt's not the missiles that are the biggest concern - it's that single pellet from a Fragmentation Cannon or Pacifier you've got no real counter for.
We call this weird behaviour real life.I feel almost like the Episode in Beavis and Butt-head, where their TV breaks down. The first 30 seconds they are sort of fine, but then Beavis starts acting really weird, saying strange noises, becoming even paler, drooling and shaking uncontrollably.
Pilots' Federation District
- The Pilots' Federation District is a collection of systems designed to offer a regulated area for new Commanders
- This also means current, experienced players cannot enter any of these systems
Ok, two things:New Modules
- Advanced Docking Computer - The Advanced Docking Computer provides cutting edge guidance control to the ship’s computer, offering a further launch option alongside the assisted docking function.
- Supercruise Assist - The Supercruise Assist module allows the ship’s computer to regulate the approach towards a set location within the current system and to disengage the drive at the appropriate time . This module can also be used to enter orbit around a planetary body.
- Added a new 'Flight Assistance' section to the Ship tab on the right hand panel. Here players can toggle various options on or off (if fitted with the correct modules):
- Hyperspace Dethrottle (requires the Supercruise assist module. If switched on, throttle will automatically set to zero on entry to a new system)
Training Simulation Access
- Training simulations are now accessible from within any ship cockpit, from anywhere
Commodity Market Interface
- Separated 'Buy' and 'Sell' screens, to make it clearer to the player what data they are looking at
LOL should be amusing.You just sold a lot of new copies of Eliteangerous to griefers on Steam - they'll have a LOT of fun now (although I think most of them will just shoot each other, not realizing they are not shooting at an actual new player).
that's a few more copies sold. lovely. where's the problem?You just sold a lot of new copies of Eliteangerous to griefers on Steam -