Allow use of pre 3.3 Advanced Discovery Scanner

Sure he can have an opinion, but it may not be the correct one as he hasn't tried it out yet. Im sorry but seeing it perfomed by someone else does not give you an informed opinion of how it feels to use yourself. That is an undeniable fact.
Well I trust then that you realise that you can't give an informed opinion on ED with both ADS and FSS because you've never tried it yourself.

• The process of finding the new content using the FSS required functionality that was a superset of that provided by the ADS (as well as some of the DSS functionality).
This is ultimately a false assertion, otherwise threads like this would not exist.

Not sure when this topic turned into how it feels to use the FSS...

I've used it plenty, and when I posted about how quick and easy I felt it was that seemed to be taken as an insult to those who like it. The fact that it's quick and easy doesn't change my view that an optional ADS module would do nothing but add potential depth (by allowing more than one way to do something) to exploration.

Adding back an optional ADS would not affect anybody negatively. Nearly every ardent fan of the FSS has acknowledged that as long as they didn't have to use it, they'd be fine with it in the game.

Just a few holding out.

Well I trust then that you realise that you can't give an informed opinion on ED with both ADS and FSS because you've never tried it yourself.
I can to a degree. I do know what it is like to use the FSS and I know what it is like to use the ADS. I know exactly how they both function, It is not difficult to use your imagination to get a rough idea with that knowledge. Of course with opinions they can be wrong and adding the old ADS to the FSS could be an inspired idea. But again it could be utterly awful. There is no true way to know though.

Thats the thing with personal opinions, they can be wrong. I know its difficult to believe, but some of my opinions have been wrong and have changed them after getting more information. ;)

Not sure when this topic turned into how it feels to use the FSS...

I've used it plenty, and when I posted about how quick and easy I felt it was that seemed to be taken as an insult to those who like it. The fact that it's quick and easy doesn't change my view that an optional ADS module would do nothing but add potential depth (by allowing more than one way to do something) to exploration.

Adding back an optional ADS would not affect anybody negatively. Nearly every ardent fan of the FSS has acknowledged that as long as they didn't have to use it, they'd be fine with it in the game.

Just a few holding out.
I don't care about easy and/or quick. That has nothing to do about how it makes me feel.

It is not difficult to use your imagination to get a rough idea
The double standards! When i watch a youtube and then fill in the gaps with my imagination my opinions are cobblers and cannot be taken seriously. You see my opinion is all about what i enjoy doing, what i find fun. It cant be wrong cause it only applys to me.

The double standards! When i watch a youtube and then fill in the gaps with my imagination my opinions are cobblers and cannot be taken seriously. You see my opinion is all about what i enjoy doing, what i find fun. It cant be wrong cause it only applys to me.
There are no double standards. I have used both the ADS and the FSS. You have not.

it can't be long before FD sort it out
it's so obviously lame
Well, they definitely seemed to suggest in the recent livestream that they were very much pro giving players choices in how they played the game, what equipment to use and so on, so I suspect you are right... :p

Really? Great!!!
Well, that was in relation to the new un-docking computer and SC assist... Apparently un-docking and SC are / were things players really struggled with and didn't like.

But hey, if they are all about choices for players to use modules or not, then I'm sure they will be keeping their eyes on exploration metrics. :)

Yes, of course. It makes absolute sense now that they seem to be narrowing down on to things that can be overly onerous.
Good for FD!

Top Bottom