Allow use of pre 3.3 Advanced Discovery Scanner

Wrong about what. The proof is front of you.

It was not an oversight to deliberatly remove the Old ADS funtionality as that takes some effort and planning. That is obvious to anyone with a bit of intelligence.

As to giving justification, you yourself agreed that they do not need to. So how is it an oversight when they do not need to?

I don't need to prove that. It is blindingly obvious that none of it was an oversight. If they wanted to keep the old ADS they would have built the new mechanics on top of it instead of completely new mechanics. It isn't rocket science. They obviously wanted to get rid, hence the reason for the brand new mechanics.
Here you go:
The oversight was failing to justify the removal. Not removing them (or now putting them back in) is the solution.

And yet here we are in a proposal thread, because there are more factors than just dev time. I have explained the reason why I am here, I have provided my reasoning, I have explained & justified the proposal to a level of pedantry far in excess of what most proposals receive, now all we need to do is get it implemented.

Last edited:
And yet here we are in a proposal thread, because there are more factors than just dev time. I have explained the reason why I am here, I have provided my reasoning, I have explained & justified the proposal to a level of pedantry far in excess of what most proposals receive, now all we need to do is get it implemented.
You are not in charge.

Neither are you ;)

Why do you bring this up? I know I'm not in charge. Did you think I was?
I'm not the one trying to tell the dev's what they must do.

No-one who makes a suggestion is in charge.

This is the forum for suggestions, not countering suggestions.
You are confusing the suggestions sub forum with designated focused feedback threads. Its fine to have differing opinions here, helps sort the wheat from the chaff.

You are confusing the suggestions sub forum with designated focused feedback threads. Its fine to have differing opinions here, helps sort the wheat from the chaff.
Are you suggesting the developers need help to sort out the wheat from the chaff?

This forum has the instruction 'Post your suggestions, feedback, and feature requests for the universe of Elite here!', I don't see anything about harassing others who are making suggestions.

Are you suggesting the developers need help to sort out the wheat from the chaff?

This forum has the instruction 'Post your suggestions, feedback, and feature requests for the universe of Elite here!', I don't see anything about harassing others who are making suggestions.
If people don't like the suggestion or have an alternative, then they are also allowed to point out their dislike or alternative for it. Or should the suggestions threads just be a load of echo chambers?

Im not going to lower myself to use the report button but the disruption of the suggestions forum by one or two posters should have been dealt with long ago.

Or should the suggestions threads just be a load of suggestions of which FDev can decide the merit or otherwise?

After all, it is their game :)
It is there game and I am sure they can make up their own minds. I never implied they couldn't. I am just pointing out that this is a forum and we are allowed to point out our own opinions whether they are positive or not.

It is there game and I am sure they can make up their own minds. I never implied they couldn't. I am just pointing out that this is a forum and we are allowed to point out our own opinions whether they are positive or not.
Subject to the rules of the forum of course :)

Harrassment ?, man up a bit this is a forum not a safe space.

Im not going to lower myself to use the report button but the disruption of the suggestions forum by one or two posters should have been dealt with long ago.
Yep, the ones complaining about things they've never even tried have nothing to contribute at all ;).

Top Bottom