Allow use of pre 3.3 Advanced Discovery Scanner

Keep asking for it back. You might get it. After all, people were begging for a SC auto pilot and now a couple of years later, we have it, or will have it when the update drops. But what Max says is true. It's their game. We can ask all we want. If they want to put it in, they will. If they don't want it in the game, it will go the way of the dodo.

Once again as a reminder to any lurking devs, this is a discussion between a simple proposal with no downsides and a position of schadenfreude. It is easily solved by making the old modules available for any player to buy in outfitting.
In your personal opinion.

As stated, they don't need to justify it to you, as long as they wanted to remove it, which they obviously did, then you have your answer. They do not want it in the game otherwise they would have kept it. It's their game, they decide. They have decided.

The problem here is that you are not being objective. Objectively there was no reason to keep the old method it in the game.
I am being objective, I am not basing my reasoning on liking or disliking either old or new process. My statement is simple, there was no need to remove them.

In four months or more of making this statement nothing has justified their removal nor provided any compelling reason why they could not simply be added back into outfitting. The best anyone has is just as you say, it's a game that's subject to change. FDev normally try very hard to accommodate everyone, and in this case they didn't even though it would actually have required less work to accommodate everyone. This needs to be corrected so that the game that was originally bought can still be played, just as with every other update to the game.

I am being objective, I am not basing my reasoning on liking or disliking either old or new process. My statement is simple, there was no need to remove them.

In four months or more of making this statement nothing has justified their removal nor provided any compelling reason why they could not simply be added back into outfitting. The best anyone has is just as you say, it's a game that's subject to change. FDev normally try very hard to accommodate everyone, and in this case they didn't even though it would actually have required less work to accommodate everyone. This needs to be corrected so that the game that was originally bought can still be played, just as with every other update to the game.
They don't have to justify removing it. They don't have to tell people why. They don't need to provide a compelling reason. This is THEIR game. They can do with it what they please.

I think we have reached the point where you have run out of objections and are just slinging mud to see what sticks Stigbob. The term 'placeholder' is meaningless without a definition (which you do not adequately provide), and does not need to be defined because it is irrelevant.
The thing that's no longer holding a place for the FSS was definitely a placeholder.

There is an ongoing desire for now missing functionality in virgin and partially tagged systems. That you refuse to acknowledge this is pedantry. The modules were in the game for several years, their functionality is well understood.
I'm in a virgin system now, not missing any functionality at all. The system two previous was partially tagged I wasn't missing any functionality there either. The ADS offers nothing the FSS doesn't do much better.

Just been driving around the geological features deep in a canyon of planet Stigbob#342.

Your addition of the claim about enjoyment is an unwarranted and baseless personal attack. I play the game regularly, and have done for thousands of hours because I enjoy it. This issue is easily corrected and the logic stands up to the most ridiculous level of scrutiny. The modules simply need to be put back into the game to correct a completely understandable oversight, it's as simple as that.
Oversight lol.

Once again as a reminder to any lurking devs, this is a discussion between a simple proposal with no downsides and a position of schadenfreude. It is easily solved by making the old modules available for any player to buy in outfitting.
Never mind the inevitable whining dev's the FSS is great fun and the games the BDSSE. Go have a well earned biscuit and coffee, then get back to the next funky addition or dinosaurs because they're great too and its OK to make more than one game.

Right on.

They don't have to justify removing it. They don't have to tell people why. They don't need to provide a compelling reason. This is THEIR game. They can do with it what they please.
You are right, they don't need to justify it, they can simply add them back into the game & everyone wins. It's a rare win/win situation.

And my statement is the same. There is no objective reason to keep it.

Stalemate I think that's called.

And my statement is the same. There is no objective reason to keep it.

Stalemate I think that's called.
It isn't a competition between you & I Max, FDev just need to correct the oversight, that's all. You probably won't even notice them go back into outfitting if you are out exploring.

It isn't a competition between you & I Max, FDev just need to correct the oversight, that's all. You probably won't even notice them go back into outfitting if you are out exploring.
I know it isn't. But you keep saying stuff which doesn't make sense, like they accidently removed the old functionality (it being an oversight). It was no oversight. They removed it on purpose, probably because they don't want it in there anymore. How I feel about it or how you feel is irrelevant. They have decided that they don't want it. That is not an oversight. So there is nothing to correct.

All it is is personal opinions at the end of the day. Ours differs as does Fdevs and yours it seems.

Happy players buy skins Stigbob.
And as we can see from the last financials they are making millions from them, there must be a lot of happy players who like cosmetics around.

I'm a happy player yet I've never bought a single cosmetic. Its just not my thing.

I know it isn't. But you keep saying stuff which doesn't make sense, like they accidently removed the old functionality (it being an oversight). It was no oversight. They removed it on purpose, probably because they don't want it in there anymore. How I feel about it or how you feel is irrelevant. They have decided that they don't want it. That is not an oversight. So there is nothing to correct.

All it is is personal opinions at the end of the day. Ours differs as does Fdevs and yours it seems.
The oversight was failing to justify the removal. Not removing them (or now putting them back in) is the solution. It is easy to implement and has no downside for any player.

What players think about it very clearly isn't irrelevant Max, this is a proposal thread in the suggestions section, and FDev are often stated as regularly visiting this section to acquire feedback.

It was preplanned you can tell as the players with ADS fitted were refunded space-cash and the FSS was introduced in such a way that explorers out in the black didn't have to return and refit.

The total opposite of an oversight.

It was preplanned you can tell as the players with ADS fitted were refunded space-cash and the FSS was introduced in such a way that explorers out in the black didn't have to return and refit.

The total opposite of an oversight.
It was pre-planned, then the plan changed & this bit was missed. Still, easily fixed with no downside.

Read the thread please StigBob, it may help you to understand the position you are trying to oppose.
You are repeatedly claiming the thing that obviously wasn't an oversight was an oversight, its not complicated.

They also don't need to justify anything, you are just another end user you don't have a seat on the board.

Top Bottom