Additions to current wall sets

So is anyone else experimenting with trying to match, close enough, in game textured wall sets to make extra pieces?

I am experimenting specifically with the castle wall texture to trying and make half walls (vertical instead of horizontal) and 360 movable wall pieces.

I am just using screen shots and photoshop to get the textures, no funny business.

So is anyone else experimenting with trying to match, close enough, in game textured wall sets to make extra pieces?

I am experimenting specifically with the castle wall texture to trying and make half walls (vertical instead of horizontal) and 360 movable wall pieces.

I am just using screen shots and photoshop to get the textures, no funny business.
This is really tricky, because it requires near perfection to get it to look right. Especially since i noticed that the in Game Camera has a slight warped effect at the edges.

I am by no means a modeller and i am trying my first babysteps for a while, but my end goal is to make additional things for the Game like Wall sets. But working with Screenshots is very very tricky and not precise at all.

This isn't impossible but would take a lot of time !

You have to guess which workflow they used for each texture : Metalness, roughness, specular, etc... ?
Then recreate a Normal map, trying to make it the same intensity as the in-game one. But I Hope that someone will be able to do it.

. . . You have to guess which workflow they used for each texture : Metalness, roughness, specular, etc... ? Then recreate a Normal map, trying to make it the same intensity as the in-game one . . .
Yeah, it'd be great if Frontier provided these maps & info for the non-DLC wall and roof sets, it'd help a lot.

Maybe I can help out with textures from Castle Set and Stuccowall Set (both 512 x 512), takesn from the game as screenshoots for billboards (As billborrds there are too bright)

I haven't done as much modeling as I have texture stuff for mods for various games going back to working on a big group map for Unreal (the game not the engine) at the dawn of time. I do wish they had a freaking drop down in the upload tool that would just go ahead and apply the correct textures/maps to things as an object if they don't want to actually give up direct access to them. That way we could make sure there was a good consistency in the looks of things. AT least then the white blorbs people upload they could apply the temple look to them so they really would work as statues.

ANYWAY...

I am taking my time with my TK projects so who knows maybe they will throw us a bone before I get done with them.

Top Bottom