About the "starter systems".....

I was watching the recent livestream, last night, where the Adams were buzzing around the starter systems.

I wanted to have a look around the area with a view to, possibly, indulging in a spot of "live beta testing" but none of the systems (at least the ones I caught the names of) show up either on EDDB or in the game's galmap.

Am I to assume that the new "starter systems" are entirely new, or are they a previously permit-locked area or what?

Doesn't seem like there's "room" within the bubble to bung in an entirely new group of systems.

I was watching the recent livestream, last night, where the Adams were buzzing around the starter systems.

I wanted to have a look around the area with a view to, possibly, indulging in a spot of "live beta testing" but none of the systems (at least the ones I caught the names of) show up either on EDDB or in the game's galmap.

Am I to assume that the new "starter systems" are entirely new, or are they a previously permit-locked area or what?

Doesn't seem like there's "room" within the bubble to bung in an entirely new group of systems.
It’s actually a dream sequence, just a very vivid, lucid dream.

TBRFH, we didn’t need a hokey new starter system. A Starter Scenario in the training section would have been more that suitable, and then even the Most Ancient Among Us could give it a play through and provide viable feedback.

But what do I know, I’m just a cruise ship pilot.

They were found a few days ago - renamed empty systems in bubble.
Ah, right ho.

So they're existing systems that were empty and will be remodelled when we next log in?

I was looking at the screenies of the galmap from the livestream and I could identify some of the systems near the borders of the "starter systems" but I was confused as to how they might fit a group of entirely new systems in among them.

Wish I'd realised they were existing systems that were getting renamed.
I was hoping to land in one of the systems last night to see what happened when I next log in. :unsure:

How'd you get those screengrabs?

Last night the galmap just flat-out didn't have Dromi, Wolfsegen or Matet (for example) listed anywhere.

Did the planets already get renamed while the system, itself, still retained the original name or something?

Systems will be renamed when we get back in. No planets in Dromi-as-will-be before the restart.

Back home, another link:

Ah!

You got those screenies FROM the livestream, right? (y)

Duh!
I thought they were screenies you took yourself, after locating the correct systems.

Ah!

You got those screenies FROM the livestream, right? (y)

Duh!
I thought they were screenies you took yourself, after locating the correct systems.
Ah yes - and one of them is a non-starter existing system, so you can work out other distances from that - though others seem to have gone further and matches the galmap up.

Ah yes - and one of them is a non-starter existing system, so you can work out other distances from that - though others seem to have gone further and matches the galmap up.
Uhuh,

I was busy doing stuff last night and I'd planned to park my ship in one of the to-be-annexed systems.
I headed over to AY Indi as a starting point but then, when I couldn't see any of the named systems, I just gave up and logged out.

With a bit more consideration, I suppose I might have realised the starter systems were already there, with different names, and then parked-up in one of them but I wasn't really paying a great deal of attention.

Ah well...

Uhuh,

I was busy doing stuff last night and I'd planned to park my ship in one of the to-be-annexed systems.
I headed over to AY Indi as a starting point but then, when I couldn't see any of the named systems, I just gave up and logged out.

With a bit more consideration, I suppose I might have realised the starter systems were already there, with different names, and then parked-up in one of them but I wasn't really paying a great deal of attention.

Ah well...
I've done just that (Dromi). So I wonder if it will be a support ticket to get it working, or if they've considered this ;)

Top Bottom