18 months away... what to do first? Insight and recommendations sought

It's been about 18 months since last picking up ED. Decided to dip back in and, obviously, game needs updating which is underway but going to take a little while.

In the meantime, thought I'd ask you nice folks what's been the most enjoyable / rewarding thing that you've done in ED over the last 18 months, as a means to figure out what to do first.

I'm not blessed with the most amount of spare time in the world, probably won't commit more than 20hrs over the next week or so, and want to invest it wisely - to which end, seek the wise counsel of the ED forum. When I last played Guardians weren't a thing (and right now, I don't know what kind of thing they are).

Do have credits and ships galore so that's no obstacle.

What to do, what to do, what to do....

Dont hold your breath, I can not login as of now, but server is fine...

I came back last month, spent time getting all things engineers, now going for guardians.

Umm...well nothing is happening of significance until 2020...

• You could visit Explorers Anchorage, a station recently constructed at Sagitarius A* at the center of the galaxy
  • If guardians weren't a thing, you're missing several ships like the Alliance lineup with Lakon or the Kraits or Mamba
  • You could do the tedious grind of unlocking guardian modules
  • You could do the even more tedious grind of unlocking guardian SLFs. They're pretty cool, at least.
  • Mining has been overhauled significantly: void opal mining is extraordinarily lucrative (like, the most lucrative activity in game)
  • Get a Research Limpet controller and head out into the black: the codex allows you to find anomalies and biological lifeforms that you can use the limpet on for research
  • GalNet tells you where Thargoids are present - drop into an AX conflict zone and zap scouts before the interceptor zaps you
  • Grind out your elite ranks - combat still takes too long, but Thargoid Scouts count as elite targets (wink wink)
  • Complain on the forums that the above list is basically what you've got until the third or fourth quarter of next year.

It seems 'what to do first' is: launch, be entirely unable to control the ship, log out and reinstate all of my gamepad bindings.

Top Bottom