Can my computer run Planet Coaster? - Page 18

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Can my computer run Planet Coaster?

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 15161718
    Originally Posted by Turxa View Post (Source)
    Yesterday I bought the game, but the game doesn't run fine, even on the best resulution and lowest graphics.
    My specs :
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834)
    Language: Dutch (Regional Setting: Dutch)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model: X555LAB
    BIOS: X555LAB.503
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
    Memory: 6144MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 6046MB RAM
    Page File: 6005MB used, 1705MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12

I think about upgrading my memory. I found this one : http://www.mediamarkt.nl/nl/product/...FRS9dwodO5MLaw

But is it good? Will it make the game run smoother, faster? Thanks for your help!
    Originally Posted by Chems View Post (Source)
    Hey Turxa,

You didn't list a GPU so I am assuming your machine only has a integrated GPU. These unfortunately don't meet the minimum requirements for Planet Coaster (they aren't really meant for playing games), so the game will not perform well. Upgrading your RAM will not give you better performance.
    Well, I looked for the model ASUS X555LA (https://www.asus.com/nl/Laptops/X555LA/).
    There it is stated al X555LA's are equipped with Geforce cards.

According to the other sites it should contain an Geforce GT 940M that has 2GB dedicated memory.
    It might be worth checking in-game at settings if it is using the Geforce or the integrated one.

Also bare in mind the i5-5200U only has 2.2 Ghz clock speed, but this should only effect larger parks.
    Memory is not at the minimumrequirement (6Gb vs 8 GB) but I don't know if this is such a big issue when starting the game for the first time. With larger parks this could also effect performance.

Several sites describe it as a "budget" laptop but it should run PC on low settings. So it is worth checking which graphics driver it uses.

people buying new computers for this game should be having their specs be at least one step above the ''recommended'' specs.... and no less than a 7th gen. i7 (the CPU). why? because people with even super strong computers eventually have to stop playing their parks and start over. if your computer is under powered or even at the 'recommended' specs your FPS will eventually drop to unplayable levels (even for a closed park with zero guests) before you are even close to being done with your park. you will spend $500+ on a new computer, build your first park, and be like ''❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎... im not done yet, i have already been reduced to low settings but i just cant take it anymore. well, that was fun so i better start a new park.'' (repeat) and never get a park to the point you had envisioned. you had just bought and 'invested' in a new computer, and will not want to turn around and buy a bigger one right away.

save up, go big, do it right (towers are MUCH more 'upgrade-able than laptops) . the more important component is the CPU, but planet coaster needs a 'good' CPU AND GPU.

Should I buy planet coaster?

Hey, everyone!
    I have a problem.
    I really want to play planet coaster. I loved all the other roller coaster games.
    I think my pc can't handle the game. But I'm not sure and that frustrates me.
    If I would buy the game and it doesn't work I lose 40. You get the struggle right so what do I have to do know?
    I was thinking of using someone's steam account that does have the game so I could test if it works and than buy it myself (if it works tho). But none of my friends own the game..
    So if anyone knows what I can do/try please help! (Sorry for bad English)
    My pc: hp pavilion 500-290 desktop

I will be buying a new PC this holiday and from what others have told me on various sites. They have suggested to me to get the following:

Quad core I7-7700 4.2 GHZ
    16 GB RAM
    NVDIA GeForce GTX 1060

However, I might upgrade the graphics card to either the NVDIA GeForce GTX 1070 or the NVDIA GeForce GTX 1080 card.

Those specs should do most of the parks that are available. However, some of the mega parks, I might have to lower the settings from high to medium or keep the guests which I was planning to anyways (keeping at 2000 guest) .

Originally Posted by Mr_PandaFunk View Post (Source)
    Hey, everyone!
    I have a problem.
    I really want to play planet coaster. I loved all the other roller coaster games.
    I think my pc can't handle the game. But I'm not sure and that frustrates me.
    If I would buy the game and it doesn't work I lose 40€. You get the struggle right so what do I have to do know?
    I was thinking of using someone's steam account that does have the game so I could test if it works and than buy it myself (if it works tho). But none of my friends own the game..
    So if anyone knows what I can do/try please help! (Sorry for bad English)
    My pc: hp pavilion 500-290 desktop
    Hello Mr Panda,

Unfortunately your desktop is missing a dedicated graphics card where a 2GB variant is minimum.

Your CPU and RAM are above minimum.

Hope this helps you out.

*Has a 4790K and runs at 12 fps with 13791 guests and 32 Gb ram and a 1080TI*

Originally Posted by BlueCrazii View Post (Source)
    *Has a 4790K and runs at 12 fps with 13791 guests and 32 Gb ram and a 1080TI*
    Yep. And?

Originally Posted by Luuknoord View Post (Source)
    Yep. And?

Well i basicly laggs so much i cant even play atm