Planet Safari- next up. - Page 4

Thread: Planet Safari- next up.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Originally Posted by laracroftonline View Post (Source)
    it would be cool if they could connect it to planet coaster and when you have both games it will identify each other so you can make combined parks. like a modular system.
    I would love that, but sadly I don't think it's plausible.
    The only game that has something even remotely similar would be Garry's Mod, and that's just models.

One of the first things I'm going to do when I get Beta Access is build a Zoo (with no animals)! Just to envision what it could look like

Exciting!

Couple of things to bare in mind though...

It would almost be a shame if Planet Safari was a totally separate game. It would be better if we could have safari content in Planet Coaster of course!! But, it's possible it could be used as both an expansion and also a standalone game. That would be very interesting as it would mean people could start by buying either game, and expand their game by buying the other later on. It could be a great business move!

Also, should keep our sensible hats on and remember that companies often register trade marks simply to prevent competitors from using them. But in this instance, I think they probably are going to use it themselves and make a game/expansion pack/whatever called Planet Safari

Originally Posted by JoŽl View Post (Source)
    Considering Frontier made a Zoo Tycoon game, Planet Safari will hopefully be a standalone game.
    I am sure they would miss out on options when doing that. Besides, you have all the stuff you need like terrain and props in Planet Coaster.
    It can come as a full expansion pack where people can merge content from both games in one park.
    Or you can let the people keep both seperated.

I just thought of how it could be done:

Buying 'Planet Safari' can give you DLC for 'Planet Coaster' which essentially adds the entire game to the other game -- and vice versa -- and DLCs can already be enabled or disabled easily.

This is the only way I could see it working -- unless there are some Steam capabilities I'm not aware of that is.

Originally Posted by Khrayfish View Post (Source)
    I just thought of how it could be done:

Buying 'Planet Safari' can give you DLC for 'Planet Coaster' which essentially adds the entire game to the other game -- and vice versa -- and DLCs can already be enabled or disabled easily.

This is the only way I could see it working -- unless there are some Steam capabilities I'm not aware of that is.
    That's what I said 2 posts back! But I'm glad it's not just me that thinks it.

I'm certain that if the games were truly separate they would re-use the basics of Planet Coaster in any case. And since their self publishing from now on, there is really no reason to not combine the games in some way. I'd happily pay another £30 to add safari gameplay and features to my existing Planet Coaster game, or vice versa. It makes complete sense from both the players and also business perspective if they go that route!

I am really happy that others start to share my idea. Last year i felt a bit like being laughed at.

Originally Posted by Periocus View Post (Source)
    I am really happy that others start to share my idea. Last year i felt a bit like being laughed at.
    The curse of being bold enough to speak out first!

Originally Posted by Deuce View Post (Source)
    That's what I said 2 posts back! But I'm glad it's not just me that thinks it.

I'm certain that if the games were truly separate they would re-use the basics of Planet Coaster in any case. And since their self publishing from now on, there is really no reason to not combine the games in some way. I'd happily pay another £30 to add safari gameplay and features to my existing Planet Coaster game, or vice versa. It makes complete sense from both the players and also business perspective if they go that route!
    Great minds think alike!

But yeah, I assume they'll use the same engine since the games are fundamentally similar, their AI already seems great with the way they interact with the environment, guests already have 'needs' like food, drink, and toilet access, buildings already look amazing so enclosures will look amazing as well.

The only problem is that in order to make sure the games are compatible they must apply an update to both games. If PC gets an update, PS will have to as well -- and vice versa.
    I can see it happening though!

Originally Posted by Deuce View Post (Source)
    The curse of being bold enough to speak out first!
    Sorry if i expressed myself wrong there. I did not want to point out that is was first, but i really do think that would be a nice idea. Also an easy way for frontier making a nice Zoo game without doing things twice.

Personally, I really hope that there are options for building a realistic zoo such as realistic fencing (things like hot wire and moats), night houses for the animals, indoor enclosures, etc.

As long as we can honor Harambe im sold. RIP
    EVGA GTX980 Superclocked | i7 6700K | Early Bird

Something new here? Can't wait for more information!

Planet Coaster Security
    Volunteer Moderator
    Originally Posted by CRusko View Post (Source)
    For as far as I know, there hasn't been any more information about this yet.
    PLANET COASTER WebsiteForumsRulesSystem requirementsFrontier Support | EARLY BIRD ● COASTER HEAD ● VIP ● I ♥ GULPEE REX

Originally Posted by CRusko View Post (Source)
    Expect nothing anytime soon... But Planet Coaster just swept past the half million sales point - which easily pushes it into a significant profit. So these games are back, they sell and Frontier is at the top of the pile when it comes to such games.

Frankly, well proven expansions/adaptions such as Safari/water parks are relatively easy and obvious compared to the investment and gamble they put into making Planet Coaster. They already have a bang upto date simulation model developed for PC that could so easily be adapted for other sub genres.

I'm not claiming any inside knowledge here. But common sense and commercial thinking tells me that it will happen. Unless we believe Frontier enjoy the idea of not making guaranteed money, it will happen.

So be patient and hold tight. But personally, I would bet my left...

Planet Safari, yeah I hoped and guessed we'd be seeing this, very happy so far. Cannot wait for official announcement though as that usually includes pictures and videos , although I wouldn't expect that until the big game expos arrive (it could be a year or two more). I do hope we'll have rare/endangered species breeding programs, from Cheetah's to bugs...

Originally Posted by PlanetPenguin View Post (Source)
    Planet Safari, yeah I hoped and guessed we'd be seeing this, very happy so far. Cannot wait for official announcement though as that usually includes pictures and videos , although I wouldn't expect that until the big game expos arrive (it could be a year or two more). I do hope we'll have rare/endangered species breeding programs, from Cheetah's to bugs...
    I don't expect to hear anything about it anytime soon either. But it seems like an certainty given that Planet Coaster has so far sold exceptionally well. The fact they trademarked it isn't of itself proof they will ever make the game, it just means they safeguard the name if they do choose to. But with PC making money, it seems like a pretty easy choice for them now lol.

And whether it's an expansion for PC or a standalone game (or either can be bought separately and merged into one..), it should come together far faster than PC as it can use the same base game with largely just cosmetic tweaks.

I can't wait! Frontier, would you like my money now?

If they do a DLC/Expansion, it may well be the Water park (RCT3 Soaked) and the Safari one later (RCT 3 Wild),

Planet Coaster could be RCT 3 HD! :O

I was worried I'd end up necro-ing this thread, but it seems this is still alive and well... Kind of.

I honestly can't wait for a Planet Safari, Zoo Tycoon 2 (and all of it's DLCs -- especially Extinct Animals) was a crucial element of my childhood.

Also, seeing my posts from about 7 months ago is... strange...

Originally Posted by Khrayfish View Post (Source)
    I was worried I'd end up necro-ing this thread, but it seems this is still alive and well... Kind of.

I honestly can't wait for a Planet Safari, Zoo Tycoon 2 (and all of it's DLCs -- especially Extinct Animals) was a crucial element of my childhood.

Also, seeing my posts from about 7 months ago is... strange...
    Sorry for the necro, but I really didn't want to start a new topic for this, Is there any news about the next frontier project?

Planet Coaster Security
    Volunteer Moderator
    Frontier's next project has been in development since they returned from their Christmas break in January. It's going to be a Hollywood movie license though, not Planet Safari as we all speculated previously. It's due to be released at some point next year.

All we know is that it's an "enduring movie franchise of global renown" and David Braben further referred to it as "a biggie" in an interview which Rolling Stone published the other day.

We won't know anything further until Frontier are ready to announce it and as a publicly traded company this will go out to the stock market first.

Speculation as to what it may be is within this thread