[1.10.1] Cannot save game, resets to default completely every time it's opened

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Cannot save game, resets to default completely every time it's opened

Cannot save game, resets to default completely every time it's opened

Severity
    Severe

Frequency
    All of the time (100% reproducible)

Area of Game Affected
    Performance

Description
    I just bought this game two days ago, including most of the DLC packs. Every time I try to manually save, be it either career mode or sandbox mode, I get a "Failed to save park" message, and the auto-save does not work at all. When I exit and restart the game, it makes me re-create my avatar (but it's the same that I saved it as originally) and place it back on the world map, and all my progress in the career mode has been erased.

After some brief internet searching I've tried turning off the Steam cloud, verifying cache files, switching off the read-only option on the main folder and many parent folders (which always automatically switches back on by itself), resetting the administration permissions and restarting my computer but nothing has changed. I've also tried reinstalling the game, but nothing has changed.

Steps to Reproduce
    Start up the game, everything is reset.

2. This is the last staff post in this thread. #2
    Hey Okita,

Thanks for the report and sorry for the frustration caused by this.

You may have already done this, but please open Planet coaster properties in Steam > Local files> Verify Integrity of game files.

Please close all 3rd party programs that may be causing an issue.

If you continue to be unable to get into the game please contact our customer support team for technical assistance: Customer support