access too Static models from vanilla game?

Thread: access too Static models from vanilla game?

access too Static models from vanilla game?

Hii

Im not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but will there be any future update on whether we can get access to models from within the Vanilla game, such as the guests, and rollercoaster cars?

Im asking because i really want to make assets with them incorporated into it.
    IE atm im modelling a full set for a water flume, as i wish to make water park stuff, and would love to get access to the guests models, so i can have them laying down or sat in a rubber ring, going down the flume.

thanks x

They have released some stuff.

It is unknown at this moment if they would release more.

https://thememakers-toolkit.planetco...example-scenes

Ya.. alternatively i can always take screenshots ingame, and model them from scratch. just love to bring more complexity into planet coaster.

i cannot access the example scene, as the dev's havent given out a 3dsmax version.

It is the copyrights reasons why they haven't locked it up. It makes it easier to steal the assets to other games/software.

Yes it is still possible if you reverse-engineer, of which many have done with other games. But it adds a threshold of obstacle.
    Textures are "easiest" to pull out.

I for one would love to take a peek of how things are done ingame, if they use some other methods than what is allowed in TMT.
    E dor Planet Coaster! #TeamPC #CosmicCowWow

Originally Posted by Helena View Post (Source)
    It is the copyrights reasons why they haven't locked it up. It makes it easier to steal the assets to other games/software.

Yes it is still possible if you reverse-engineer, of which many have done with other games. But it adds a threshold of obstacle.
    Textures are "easiest" to pull out.

I for one would love to take a peek of how things are done ingame, if they use some other methods than what is allowed in TMT.
    Well. the way i see it, if they want a game that stands the length of time, like a rollercoaster tycoon 3, or a simcity 4, where they had a large modding community making assets upon assets, eventually to transform the games into far better products years down the line, then im afraid in my view, you should bite the bullet and make the game not only fully functional in making assets and animations, but also the ability to mod aswell.
    I know this is a very old arguement, but what if somebody could achieve a dynamic water fluids system for the game? stable or not it would enrich the game alot more, making dynamic waterfalls, and finally being able to kiss goodbye to hidden waterfal edges, and the bombardment of particle emittors. the ability for people to build their own rides is also going to be a necessity. Frontier arnt going to ocntinue developing this game forever, and although they have said they are carrying on, but for how long? eventually development will end and the batten will be given over to the community fully to do as they please with.

Watching the stream about the TMT, they said they havent released anything about making rides because it has many elements, that take months of work for a team. Well... theres people out there who arnt employed who would spend months making rides through sheer passion. i dont htink this would stop anyone. even if making a ride is complicated, i still think by making it open to the public, for people to mod and potentially make their own, will only bring more longevity and excitement into the game. theres so many more rides in real life than what frontier will ever be able to do.

Games like this have to have a modding community, else they die very quickly. Look at cities skylines. the game has been virtually turned inside out, to make a far better game than the vanilla all because of mods.