First loading time Planet Coaster (so only starting the program) is slow

Thread: First loading time Planet Coaster (so only starting the program) is slow

First loading time Planet Coaster (so only starting the program) is slow

Hi,

Since the last few weeks I notice that PC is starting up very slowly. It takes around 3 to 5 minutes till I see the firtst PC animatio (running PC globe)
    Nothing have been changed in my computer. I verified the fiels integrity via Steam, all fine.

Have you downloaded any Thememakers Toolkit (TMT) items from the Workshop?

Shane

Haven't been around in a while, but just got back into and grabbed the TMT and Mag Rides Collection. Have an powerful PC. Loading from start to Globe was always kind of long but usually under a minute, but now it's literally 6-7 minutes. You read that right. I downloaded roughly 30 Workshop toolkit submissions. It took so long to load, I actually forgot it was loading until I was in another room and heard the opening sound and I was like, what? No way!

It may be worth temporarily unsubscribing from some or all of the TMT items and see if that improves load times. They are larger than normal blueprints and there are known issues involving TMT items and loading/performance.

Shane

Originally Posted by shaneturner12 View Post (Source)
    Have you downloaded any Thememakers Toolkit (TMT) items from the Workshop?

Shane
    No I have not but found the solution, I optimized my SSD and that made a hugh difference in loading time to the main screen
    I use Perfect Disk for it btw and indeed it has been to long ago I did this

Originally Posted by shaneturner12 View Post (Source)
    It may be worth temporarily unsubscribing from some or all of the TMT items and see if that improves load times. They are larger than normal blueprints and there are known issues involving TMT items and loading/performance.

Shane
    Thanks - that helped! I thought well, with only 30 items it can't be that demanding, but yeah, I unsubscribed to most of them and the load time-to-title is much improved. I remember during the RCT3 days, it would be a similar situation, but it took tons of user made scenery to slow down the load up, and even then, it wasn't as bad as this.

I'm wondering whether it's something about the way TMT items are in-game that seems to affect it (along with filesize). HDD/SSD optimisation can help as well.

Shane

super long opening times?

everyone is talking about how it is taking 6-7 minutes, mine takes 30-45 minutes for the cobra loading screen to finish?

Originally Posted by Smile. Always View Post (Source)
    everyone is talking about how it is taking 6-7 minutes, mine takes 30-45 minutes for the cobra loading screen to finish?
    Have you subscribed to any Thememaker Toolkit (TMT) items on the Workshop? If so this is the likely reason - try unsubscribing from some if you've got quite a few subscribed.

Shane