[1.10.1] heur.advml.b

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: heur.advml.b

heur.advml.b

Severity
    Minor

Frequency
    Once

Area of Game Affected
    Performance

Description
    So, with all the performance issues going on. Something I noticed. I have been getting my virus protection software pop up a warning about heur.advml.b. I didn't really make the connection until now, bu it happens every time I start up PlanCo or shortly after the game starts up. No idea, but could this be linked to the performance issues...that seem to be random by user/player?

Steps to Reproduce
    Basically every time I start the game up

The internet says it is a virus. I searched it on the internet and there are many websites about it and guides on how to remove it. This has some info about it....
    https://quickremovevirus.com/guide-t...-b-completely/

THX - I did the same, but my point was why does this only pop up when PlanCo is loading...maybe the virus is in the game, or one of the blueprints, etc. and this may have something to do with the performance issues.

Originally Posted by wowman View Post (Source)
    THX - I did the same, but my point was why does this only pop up when PlanCo is loading...maybe the virus is in the game, or one of the blueprints, etc. and this may have something to do with the performance issues.
    Indeed, I think this is a valuable notification that can't be ignored. There obviously is a reason it's getting blocked.

I'll be checking mine out next time I start the game.

@wowman: Could you please check back in Norton where the reportet file is located on the Harddisk? I don't use any 3rd Party Security software, since I'm totally happy with Microsofts Defender and had many problems in terms of wrong detection and overall performance impacts with 3rd party Anti Virus solutions. Some of them even set the safety settings of the browser down to a lower level to scan the opened content of websites...

I'm interested if this reportet file is located somewhere in the folder and file system of PlanCo or not.

Sure - I will look and see if I can find it

Originally Posted by Guitar_Sly View Post (Source)
    @wowman: Could you please check back in Norton where the reportet file is located on the Harddisk? I don't use any 3rd Party Security software, since I'm totally happy with Microsofts Defender and had many problems in terms of wrong detection and overall performance impacts with 3rd party Anti Virus solutions. Some of them even set the safety settings of the browser down to a lower level to scan the opened content of websites...

I'm interested if this reportet file is located somewhere in the folder and file system of PlanCo or not.
    I can't figure out to get/see a report that has this detail

Originally Posted by wowman View Post (Source)
    I can't figure out to get/see a report that has this detail
    It's a false positive, happens a lot when new drivers are installed and certainely with Norton. Just place your pc exe in the no-scan section of your antivir.

Actually, for some unknown reason...this has now all off a sudden stopped???

I've checked my pc for this file last night. But I don't have this file on my computer.

12. This is the last staff post in this thread. #12
    Hey wowman,

Glad to hear you're no longer having this issue.
    If you continue to have this issue, please contact our customer support team for technical assistance: Customer support