[1.10.1] TMTK issues

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: TMTK issues

TMTK issues

Severity
    Minor

Frequency
    Once

Area of Game Affected
    Performance

Description
    Use TMTK items, save as blueprint reopen and item no longer there

Steps to Reproduce
    Bring in TMTK items, build my blue print save it under my prints, or place TMTK items in my park, delete TMTK item from my TMTK list to declutter list. Save game, reopen items are missing.

Now is there a way that i don't need to be subscribed to the item in order to have them in my park or blue print? so my game will run smoother/ more efficient?

TMTK issues

Severity
    Minor

Frequency
    Most of the time

Area of Game Affected
    Performance

Description
    Use TMTK items, save as blueprint reopen and item no longer there

Steps to Reproduce
    Bring in TMTK items, build my blue print save it under my prints, or place TMTK items in my park, delete TMTK item from my TMTK list to declutter list. Save game, reopen items are missing.

Now is there a way that i don't need to be subscribed to the item in order to have them in my park or blue print? so my game will run smoother/ more efficient?

You would have to subscribe to the TMT items if you want them to remain in the park.

If you want to resubscribe to them next time you go in that park it will ask you if you want to subscribe to them...again.

I think you must always be subscibed to the TMTK Item to have it in the game.

The moment you unsubscribe it it's deleted from your pc.

Making your own blueprint does not work, it will be removed from the blueprint, as the game can't load it anymore.

What you are asking here is to have an object ingame, but actually have it removed from the game, then still want it to be available in the game. Sounds like an impossible thing.

Saving it with the blueprint won't matter, the game still needs to load it up.

5. This is the last staff post in this thread. #5
    Hey Walt Disney,

Sorry for the confusion.

If you unsubscribe from a TMT item it will be removed from the game including any blueprints.

This is working as expected.

If i can just add my 2 cents here... You dont have to be subscribed to TMT items in order to keep using them.

You can copy the item from the workshop directory to you own local TMT folder (Where you also put your self made TMT items).
    Once it's in that folder you can safely unsubscribe and the item will still be available ingame.
    Ofcourse this doesn't clean up any list, as you will still have the item listed.

Personally i do this a lot because once you copy it to the local TMT folder the item will no longer receive updates from steam, and sometimes that is what i prefer (not all updates are good ones, so i rather decide myself if i want an item to update or not)

Question to QA : Just out of curiousity, i havent tested this myself but could the Cobra screen delay be because of the game checking all the items for updates on steam?

I would say yes. I totally have believed from minute one it was a syncing issue. I was also trying to test if a slower internet connection made this worst. No results to speak of worth any discussion.

Originally Posted by QA-Mitch View Post (Source)
    Hey Walt Disney,

Sorry for the confusion.

If you unsubscribe from a TMT item it will be removed from the game including any blueprints.

Why is that? I Unsubscribe from the TMT items to free up space and make the game run smoother will there be a way for us in the future to keep TMT items that we have built into blueprints or already into our parks? so we can clean up our subscription panels

Sorry, I haven't worked with this much yet -- let's say I make a scenario that includes a few TMT items, and I put that scenario up in the workshop -- does this mean that when subscribers play my scenario the TMT items won't load for people who haven't subscribed to those yet, there'll just be empty spaces where they were?

Hey Walt Disney,

Sorry for the confusion.

Or.....if the TMT works like its supposed to can there be a better file system in game like we can create folders under blueprints or TMT tabs to organize what we have for ex isney's Magic Kingdom and put all blue prints and TMT items that go into that park in said folders ( i am just coming from an engineering P.O.V) and like think organized

Originally Posted by KickAir8p View Post (Source)
    Sorry, I haven't worked with this much yet -- let's say I make a scenario that includes a few TMT items, and I put that scenario up in the workshop -- does this mean that when subscribers play my scenario the TMT items won't load for people who haven't subscribed to those yet, there'll just be empty spaces where they were?
    That is correct.
    But isn't it supposed to ask if you want to subscribe to the missing TMT items?

Originally Posted by Walt Disney View Post (Source)
    Why is that? I Unsubscribe from the TMT items to free up space and make the game run smoother will there be a way for us in the future to keep TMT items that we have built into blueprints or already into our parks? so we can clean up our subscription panels
    See my reply above...

You can unsubscribe from steam items, if you copy/paste them over from the Workshop folder to the local TMT folder.

This is no guarantee however the game will run smoother as the item still needs to be loaded ofcourse. But at least you can clean up subscriptions and prevent unwanted item updates.