[1.10.1] Skies not able to rise directly after station

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Skies not able to rise directly after station

Skies not able to rise directly after station

Severity
    Minor

Frequency
    All of the time (100% reproducible)

Area of Game Affected
    Track Rides

Description
    As the title suggests, it is not possible to directly go upwards after the station. This video is showing the issue:
    https://youtu.be/mQi2q_v4vgY

Steps to Reproduce
    Build skies, try to go down and after that build a station.

Definately no bug... Guess you are doing something wrong then …

Hi Cosmic, glad to see that it is possible
    Could you tell me how you did it cq tell me what I'm doing wrong? (See vid for my tries)

Cosmic Cow, how do you have cable wheels on yours where the cables leave the station? The wheels disappear on mine. I know others are having this issue too because there is another bug report for it.

Originally Posted by RedHair View Post (Source)
    Hi Cosmic, glad to see that it is possible
    Could you tell me how you did it cq tell me what I'm doing wrong? (See vid for my tries)
    Just built like you do. When the track is complete, with the horizontal part at the second stationside, delete this part en rebuild in the opposite direction. So it's true what you say, that it isn't possible to connect the second station directly after going downwards. So a horizontal part is necessary. But it isn't true that you stated "Skies not able to rise directly after station". With a workaround it's possible. I agree this shouldn't be the case...

Aswell as what Fisherman is showing us again:

Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post (Source)
    Cosmic Cow, how do you have cable wheels on yours where the cables leave the station? The wheels disappear on mine. I know others are having this issue too because there is another bug report for it.

https://i.imgur.com/iBA87SO.jpg
    You're right this is still a bug, but since the last update, it looks that they improved something. It is possible, but most of the time with clipping. Sometimes they still disappear. This only happens at one station. At least that is what I experience. At this station the chairs swing dramatically when entering / exiting the station.

There is also a new bug aswell, with the angle:

Alright, I did what Cosmic Cow said as I was "doing something wrong then".

First of all, this is quite a workaround for something simple.
    Second, it looks like a mesh with the swinging (as Cosmic Cow stated).
    Filmed it, so Frontier can take a look at it: https://youtu.be/P6-VfRfY7F0

Excuse me if it sounds rude, but the Skies is the most unfinished attraction within the game as it shouldn't have been released imo...

7. This is the last staff post in this thread. #7
    Hey,

Thanks for the reports and screenshots.

We're currently looking into these issues.

I've passed on your details to assist in these investigations.

Cosmic Cow, it happens at both stations for me.

Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post (Source)
    Cosmic Cow, it happens at both stations for me.
    Hmm that’s weird, even if the inlcine isn’t that steep? They are looking into it, so hopefully this ride is soon be fixed...

I like to build a short flat section right out of the station and then have the first pillar for the elevation (or vice versa on the upper station)
    I noticed that this leads to less erratic swaying of the seats.
    However the flat section after/before the station has a "wonky cable". There´s a visible dent for no reason, where it actually should be straight.