[1.10.1] SLV tire lift too fast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: SLV tire lift too fast

SLV tire lift too fast

Severity
    Moderate

Frequency
    All of the time (100% reproducible)

Area of Game Affected
    Coasters

Description
    Since yesterdays update the S.L.V tire lift minimum speed is 15mph.

I noticed that a SLV ride I had previously created was running really fast. Upon checking the ride the lift hill was set to 35mph but when I originally built it, it was going about 5mph. When trying to reduce the speed it only lets me go as low as 15mph.

Not sure if this is a bug or just the way the ride was always meant to be but 15mph is a bit fast for a lift hill.

Steps to Reproduce
    Build a tyre lift hill and try to reduce the speed.

2. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #2
    Hey Phi,

Thanks for the report.

To avoid confusions the S.L.V track pieces are:
    1. Wheel Lift (target speed range of 15 - 60 Mph)
    2. Drive Tyres (target speed range of 2 - 8 Mph)

Alternatively, the Chain lift can go from 4 - 14 mph

This is working as intended.

Originally Posted by QA-Mitch View Post (Source)
    Hey Phi,

Thanks for the report.

To avoid confusions the S.L.V track pieces are:
    1. Wheel Lift (target speed range of 15 - 60 Mph)
    2. Drive Tyres (target speed range of 2 - 8 Mph)

Alternatively, the Chain lift can go from 4 - 14 mph

This is working as intended.
    Hi Mitch it was the wheel lift as it was curved like the old Black hole ride at Alton towers. As I don't think the drive tyres can curve when raised
    Check out my steam workshop page here: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/...workshopfiles/

Or consider giving my youtube page a look: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMo...ZQMIOmfQzgDY9A

Originally Posted by Phil View Post (Source)
    Hi Mitch it was the wheel lift as it was curved like the old Black hole ride at Alton towers. As I don't think the drive tyres can curve when raised
    Created this account to note I am experiencing this as well - I understand it's been updated to work as intended, but I'm wondering if there's a chance it might be rolled back in the future, as the new minimum speed is particularly fast when compared to the S.L.V's real-life counterparts with wheel lifts. See the famous Olympia Looping, for instance:

Video of Olympia's lift hill

The new minimum in Planet Coaster is significantly faster than this, and is definitely unsuitable for making anything smaller and more compact. The smaller fairground-style S.L.V in my own PlanCo park, for instance, has had its lift turned into a veritable thrill ride in itself following the update.

Im going to kinda add to the idea that the wheel lift is too fast.. Tryign to change out my Jumbo Jet coaster recreation to the SLV and the minimum 15mph is too fast up the circular lift.. I feel that the 8mph from drive tyres is slightly too slow though.. Id like about 10 maybe so if we could just get the whee lift to be more adjustable that would be great

It would be amazing if we could have a mix of the old and the new. Set the lowest speed to where it was before and set the highest speed to where it is now!
    That way the designs we built before the updated would still work.

7. This is the last staff post in this thread. #7
    Thanks for the clarification about this issue.

I've passed this on for consideration.