[1.10] Game is now very choppy nearly all of the time.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Game is now very choppy nearly all of the time.

Game is now very choppy nearly all of the time.

Severity
    Severe

Frequency
    All of the time (100% reproducible)

Area of Game Affected
    Performance

Description
    I returned to the game yesterday after a bit of a break (since July) so I'm not really sure at what point, or with which update this started happening, but I am having all kinds of performance issues now. The game is now incredibly choppy near constantly. (I realize that this game has ALWAYS had performance issues on huge parks, this is not that. I played for a over a year without having this particular problem.) This is happening even with a totally empty new park, paused, not paused, while trying to build, whatever, whenever. It's like it randomly stops, sometimes even mid-task (if I try and place a pillar for example) and hangs for a couple seconds before kicking in again. It's getting irritating to the point of being almost unplayable. I did find older posts where people had reported similar issues after update 1.8.2, but supposedly those issues were fixed in a subsequent update. I'm on v1.10 and this is still happening for me. Perhaps it's something on my end? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Steps to Reproduce
    1. Start Game;
    2. Create a new park or load an existing park;
    3. Commence with choppiness.

Sorry, forgot to include DxDiag. Is attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. This is the last staff post in this thread. #3
    Hey missjennabee,

Thanks for the report.

We're aware of this issue and currently looking at ways to improve the performance.

We've fouind that having lots of Theme maker toolkit items can slow the game down, so removing some may help.

If the game becomes unplayable please contact our customer support team for technical assistance: Customer support

Updating the graphics drivers could help too.

Not sure if 11/1/2018 stands for november or january? Either way, it's not up to date.