Hello from Alberta, new to the forum

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Hello from Alberta, new to the forum

Hello from Alberta, new to the forum

Hello all, new to the forum's and thought I would say hi.

"Hi"

I purchased this game Dec 21, 2017 on sale and I just started playing it. I had bought it after the new RCT was such a let down. I played RCT 1 for many, many hours as a kid. I also bought RCT 2, but didn't play it as much and then bought RCT 3 and played it a bit. I still have my original copies!

I have found this game to be pretty good, minus the stupid path creating, which is just horrible. I have been having a hard time trying to make a nice large path area in front of my stalls to put picnic tables on, but it just doesn't work like it did in the RCT games.

I haven't bought any of the DLC content yet, waiting for it to hopefully come on sale. Are there any that you would recommend?

I am playing this on my 5.5 year old system with the following specs:

Core i5 4670K @ 4.2 GHz since day 1 with Hyper 212 Evo CPU cooler
    MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming
    Corsair HX650 PSU
    WD green 1TB HDD
    Patriot Viper 3 Series 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-17000
    SSD is an Intel 240GB 520 series
    Win 7 Pro

I was using an MSI Radeon 7970 OC 3GB (1010 MHz, 1375 MHz), but have recently upgraded to a Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 Gaming OC 6GB. I am able to play on ultra settings with no problems in my small park of under 5,000 peeps.

Sometime this year I will end up selling this system with the old video card and then I am upgrading to a Ryzen 2600X system and then at the end of the year probably upgrading the CPU to the Ryzen 3000 series. I have been using Intel since the Core 2 Duo E8400, but am deciding to change back over to AMD.

It won't let me edit my post.. I wanted to add, that I had a look back and I got the game on sale for C$15.00. I just had a look on steam and it is going for C$60, that is crazy. I am hoping that they put the DLC on sale as I don't want to be paying C$15.99/each when I didn't pay that for the game.

During the holidays the games price went down by 75 percent and most DLC;s were 15 % off some were 20% off. There was a bundle where you could get all (game and dlc's) for 1 price but you would have to wait for another sale for the dlc's if you didn't choose that option.

The main game is usually around $45 and DLC's $10.99. The only time the dlc's prices are close to the game price is on a bid sale like this one.

Hi johnvosh,

Welcome to the Planet Coaster forums!

5. This is the last staff post in this thread. #5
    Hello! Welcome to the forums!

Welcome . The path system is more complicated, but it does allow for nice curved paths. There are some tutorials on YouTube which will help you get to grips with the different options.
    - Planet Coaster - - Harry Potter - - Crafts - - Coding -