[1.10] Friction slider does not slide

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Friction slider does not slide

Friction slider does not slide

Severity
    Minor

Frequency
    All of the time (100% reproducible)

Area of Game Affected
    Coasters

Description
    After enabling friction the slider slides once but does not slide after the first tick. You must click the slider bar to lower or raise it

Steps to Reproduce
    Build coaster
    Go to coaster settings and enable friction
    Click the circle slider and drag until it stops after the first increment

Seems to be working fine for me. Did you have the coaster closed when trying to adjust friction?
    -Bullethead
    (click here for Workshop page)
    NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ∆QVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE

Can also confirm this happens. It does not slide, it jumps or does not actually move at all without a fight.

OH! Now I think I understand you! We seem to have been hitting a language barrier

The so-called friction "slider" has never been an analog control but has always been discrete (moving in 0.1 increments). It has never been possible to set friction for 0.95 but only 1.0 or 0.9, for example. I'm pretty sure this is the intended behavior.

I think what you're complaining about is just the inconsistency of the interface. The actual slider can be dragged only between 0.9 and 1.0, after which only the up/down buttons work. I wouldn't call this a bug per se because you can still change the friction. It's just sloppy interface design. The friction control really shouldn't have a slider at all because friction isn't analog. It should instead have just have up/down buttons. It looks like Frontier originally was going to make friction analog so put a slider in the interface, then decided friction would be discrete but left the original slider interface.
    -Bullethead
    (click here for Workshop page)
    NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ∆QVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE

No it is a bug. Prior to 1.10 you would be able to click and slide it in the preset increments. Now you can only go one increment by clicking and holding and dragging it either direction. It is indeed a big. Not a major one but it is indeed not working as it was previously

6. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #6
    Hey Ddef12,

Sorry for the delay getting back to this.

Can you please send me over a video of this issue to assist in this investigation.

8. This is the last staff post in this thread. #8
    Thanks for the video Ddef12,

I now understand what you mean. I'll pass this on to get checked out.