[1.9.1] Game crashes while quitting Planet Coaster

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Game crashes while quitting Planet Coaster

Game crashes while quitting Planet Coaster

Severity
    Minor

Frequency
    Most of the time

Area of Game Affected
    Performance

Description
    So I save my file and then click to quit out of Planet Coaster. Partway through quitting, the game crashes instead and asks if I want to send the report... So I do.

Steps to Reproduce
    Not sure you guys can.

Seconded..this has been happening to me since the recent update. Doesn't matter if i'm in an empty park or one of my big parks with over 50,000 pieces

Same here and its been taking me 10 min to get into planet coaster. Started after the tmt was introduced.Please fix asap.

Me too. I experienced this after playing for about one hour and recording my smaller park. Really weird, at least the file seems to be saved
    Europapark,Disneyland California, Port Aventura, Gardaland, Phantasialand and Efteling fan

I've had this happen every once in a while ever since PC was released. I can't say if it happens more now after 1.9 or not as usually my GPU crashes and I have to reboot out of PC.
    -Bullethead
    (click here for Workshop page)
    NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ∆QVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE

7. This is the last staff post in this thread. #7
    Hey everyone,

Thanks for the report.

If you can please send me over your Steam ID number so we can track down any crash reports you've sent that would be helpful to this investigation.

Can you also send me over your Dxdiag.

Hey Mitch, I'm having the same issue, every time I close the game since the last update. I would love to share my Steam ID number and DXdiag...but I need some guidance on what that is and where to get it. Sorry - Sometimes I feel technical and then this.

Originally Posted by wowman View Post (Source)
    Hey Mitch, I'm having the same issue, every time I close the game since the last update. I would love to share my Steam ID number and DXdiag...but I need some guidance on what that is and where to get it. Sorry - Sometimes I feel technical and then this.
    OK - I figured out the DxDiag part of this, but its a huge file, so I will PM it to you instead of posting here...unless you want me to post it here?

Still need help on where to locate the Steam ID Number.
    THX

Yes, I’m having the same problem, too. And when going to steam within game it causes the game to freeze or get real slow for a bit and it resets back to the initial workshop screen. Oh, and it seems to hang or take longer when going to the various tabs like rides, blueprints, etc. The icons for rides, etc. appear slowly.

I've already noticed the issue and can offer some insight.

The issue is that the game sometimes freezes during the close process which then triggers Watchdog as it's normally for more than a minute. People normally then allow Watchdog to crash the game which then triggers the report.

Shane

Cant start Planet Coaster after it crashed

Yesterday i saved my park and wanted to restart my pc so i could play again. Since the crash i cant start Planet Coaster , the only thing i see is the black screen that says, powered by Cobra and nothing happends after that....please help, i need my planco time, thanks!

Originally Posted by Shakerboy010 View Post (Source)
    Yesterday i saved my park and wanted to restart my pc so i could play again. Since the crash i cant start Planet Coaster , the only thing i see is the black screen that says, powered by Cobra and nothing happends after that....please help, i need my planco time, thanks!
    Perhaps a file of Planet Coaster got corrupted in the crash. You can check that (and have it fixed if necessary) by doing the following:

1. Go to your Steam Library
    2. Right-click on the name of Planet Coaster in the left-hand column of all your games.
    3. Select Properties from the pop-up menu (last thing on the menu).
    4. Select the Local Files tab on the next pop-up men (3rd tab from left).
    5. Select Verify Integrity of Game Files (last thing on the list).

Things then run automatically. It takes a few minutes. If all is OK, the message at the end will say so. If there were bad files, the message at the end will say it fixed however many bad files.
    -Bullethead

Not only does PC crash every time I quit, it also makes Steam crash. Every. Single. Time. I honestly don't remember it ever not doing that.

I have done integrity checks and even reinstalled once. Same thing. It's not a huge deal for me, it's just the reality of playing PC. Of course now I am testing TK stuff so I am getting into and out of it multiple times in an hour it is annoying, but oh well.

Originally Posted by lilibat View Post (Source)
    Not only does PC crash every time I quit, it also makes Steam crash. Every. Single. Time. I honestly don't remember it ever not doing that. .
    Same here. Ever since I bought the game (over a yr ago) Steam always says Not Responding as soon as PC closes. Now I close it before I close the game out.

slow loading and closing

Yup me too. Takes a while from the Cobra screen to the main screen and while shutting Planet Coaster down it stalls and pops a message saying this program is stalling would I like to close it now. I say no and it closes, but never had this problem before up until shortly after TMT update. All my saves have minimal items as they are not finished. I have four saves and two auto saves as of last count. Playing game in low to medium settings.

Windows 8.1
    8 gigs ram
    gtx750 with driver 416.94
    I-5 4460 gen4 3.2ghz x4

Yup me too. Takes a while from the Cobra screen to the main screen and while shutting Planet Coaster down it stalls and pops a message saying this program is stalling would I like to close it now. I say no and it closes, but never had this problem before up until shortly after TMT update. All my saves have minimal items as they are not finished. I have four saves and two auto saves as of last count. Playing game in low to medium settings.

Windows 8.1
    8 gigs ram
    gtx750 with driver 416.94
    I-5 4460 gen4 3.2ghz x4

Originally Posted by heatherg23 View Post (Source)
    Same here. Ever since I bought the game (over a yr ago) Steam always says Not Responding as soon as PC closes. Now I close it before I close the game out.
    With me, closing PC has always been a time-consuming process. I believe this is because PC is uploading to the Steam cloud at the end of the session and my bandwidth sucks so this takes a while. But in general, the way it works for me (most of the time) is that the last image shown in PC when I said exit stay up a long time even though it's really not there. Then it goes away after a few minutes. Then Steam goes unresponsive for a few minutes. But eventually it comes back and all is fine. Sometimes, however, it gets really hung up (like all night) without ever closing properly. So then it's a 3-finger salute.
    -Bullethead