Pls give us the example scenes - Page 2

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Pls give us the example scenes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. This is the last staff post in this thread. #21
    We are absolutely not planning on you simply forgetting about them. They will be released very soon, but we have no official release date for them yet.

In the TMT deep dive livestream, Sam did say something about this in relation to their legal team. I suspect the delay is more in dealing with releasing their copyrighted works for us to play with directly. Cutting through red tape is one of the longest, most drawn out processes in any industry. That's my guess, anyway.
    -Sarrah W., aka Ms.RedNebula

Only a guess, but perhaps it's taken a backseat to work on the serious bugs in the game that popped up on the last update? There may not be that many people working on PC currently, and they may also need to make sure this next dlc pack doesn't cause even more problems. I'm not seeing it as them wilfully ignoring fulfilling the promise to release it, we don't know what all is going on in the background right now...

Originally Posted by Wagi View Post (Source)
    Only a guess, but perhaps it's taken a backseat to work on the serious bugs in the game that popped up on the last update? There may not be that many people working on PC currently, and they may also need to make sure this next dlc pack doesn't cause even more problems. I'm not seeing it as them wilfully ignoring fulfilling the promise to release it, we don't know what all is going on in the background right now...
    Im sure theyre working hard on many things at the same time. Good things are worth waiting for

Originally Posted by heatherg23 View Post (Source)
    I’m sure they’re working hard on many things at the same time. Good things are worth waiting for
    Very true!
    -Sarrah W., aka Ms.RedNebula

Originally Posted by Chante Goodman View Post (Source)
    We are absolutely not planning on you simply forgetting about them. They will be released very soon, but we have no official release date for them yet.
    Just refreshed the page again, still says "These will be available for download soon" -- and day before yesterday got a "very soon" from Chante, thanks! Very much looking forward to these . . .

Originally Posted by KickAir8p View Post (Source)
    [my opinion throughout]

The Thememaker's Toolkit isn't their workflow, it's a striped-down version that they set up for us. Also I'm pretty sure the people doing this work are a small fraction of Frontier's employees. And has PlanCo really been in development for five years?

That having been said, Jol's response was three workdays ago, at which point BrettC's response was five workdays prior to that, which was when the example scenes were already over a week late (they were announced to come out same time as the toolkit). Are they really planning on providing these, or are they hoping if they wait long enough we'll give up and go away?
    Apparently the Cobra engine which they use for all there games, has been used and in continual development since 1988.
    I would love to have seen the code for the vector libraries back then, It was all either HEX or Mnemonics. (at least binary was long gone, That was so slow to program)
    But nevertheless they should be fairly familiar with there engine after 30 years.