[1.8.2] Iron Claw Issue

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Iron Claw Issue

Iron Claw Issue

Severity
    Minor

Frequency
    All of the time

Area of Game Affected
    Rides

Description
    Not sure if this is a bug or not, but when I change the cycle of the Iron Claw ride, guests don't ride it. When I change it back to the default cycle, guests flood into the queue line.

Anyone else have this problem?

Steps to Reproduce
    1. Place the Iron Claw.

2. change the cycle to a single "swing and spin" (that is what I did) via the operations tab.

3. test the ride and open it.

4. hardly any guests should use it.

5. change the cycle back to the default by clicking the button next to "ride sequence".

Guests should flood the queue line.

Did you run it in test mode after changing the cycle? Some rides may require this.

Shane

^ You have to, it's compulsory. When I opened it no one went on it.

i tested it on my end and loads are people are going on. sorry, didn’t get the same result as you did.

5. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #5
    Hello, Skyscraper!

It seems an Iron Claw with the configuration you describe will have a very low prestige (96) so it will have a lot of trouble attracting guests, especially when surrounded by other rides. Assuming you really want to keep the sequence to something so brief I would suggest the following:
    - Place some scenery around the queue to raise it's Queue Scenery Rating. That will impact prestige and make your ride a bit more appealing
    - Lower the price of the ride if your guests are having thoughts like "The Iron Claw is too expensive". You can check this in the overview tab of the ride.
    - If all else fails, close or tweak nearby rides so that they too have a lower prestige score, but be ready to lower the price on those rides too!

I hope this helps!

...miw...

Originally Posted by QA-Miw View Post (Source)
    Hello, Skyscraper!

It seems an Iron Claw with the configuration you describe will have a very low prestige (96) so it will have a lot of trouble attracting guests, especially when surrounded by other rides. Assuming you really want to keep the sequence to something so brief I would suggest the following:
    - Place some scenery around the queue to raise it's Queue Scenery Rating. That will impact prestige and make your ride a bit more appealing
    - Lower the price of the ride if your guests are having thoughts like "The Iron Claw is too expensive". You can check this in the overview tab of the ride.
    - If all else fails, close or tweak nearby rides so that they too have a lower prestige score, but be ready to lower the price on those rides too!

I hope this helps!

...miw...
    I had the ride set to free entry actually, and after i changed the cycle guests thoughts were that it was too intense for them, but the default cycle is longer and more intense!

My thinking is that the cycle you have is of high fear. When you add in the default cycles, they are of lower fear and bring the average fear level of the ride down, thus making it less intense. The end result is a low prestige ride with high fear which is an extremely unattractive prospect for guests. The inevitability lower excitement also skews the balance.

Iím only making an assumption with the above but makes sense in my head!

Originally Posted by Mez View Post (Source)
    My thinking is that the cycle you have is of high fear. When you add in the default cycles, they are of lower fear and bring the average fear level of the ride down, thus making it less intense. The end result is a low prestige ride with high fear which is an extremely unattractive prospect for guests. The inevitability lower excitement also skews the balance.

I’m only making an assumption with the above but makes sense in my head!
    My cycle was actually shorter and less intense than the default cycle though.

9. This is the last staff post in this thread. #9
    Hello!

Having the ride set to free may help, but if the prestige of other rides in the park is significantly higher that the iron claw, guests will inevitably chose the more appealing rides. Considering this, if you still think the behaviour you are seeing is incorrect, can you provide your park save via the workshop?

...miw...