RollerCoaster Tycoon Ultimate - Page 2

Thread: RollerCoaster Tycoon Ultimate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes, just so it could be a successful title following a lot of poorly reviewed RCT titles. That's why neither Atari nor Nvizzio will be involved.

Sounds neat, do you have somewhere stated what the game will look like?
    Curious what would be THE ultimate

The idea of a “RCT Ultimate” is nice but it far from reality.

The only company that currently has the right to release a “RCT Ultimate” is Atari.

In theory another company can get the rights once Atari’s rights expire, but it’s also possible that Atari extends the rights again if they can arrange another agreement with Chris Sawyer.

What makes you think that Frontier would want to claim the RCT franchise rights, now that Atari has managed to decrease its value.
    Drink soda! Now available in your nearest Planet Coaster theme park.

PLANET COASTERWebsiteForumsForum RulesSystem RequirementsFrontier Support

Originally Posted by RedHair View Post (Source)
    Don't you know Luuknoord?
    This forum is about Planet Coaster I, but in meanwhile part II and part III are also released.

Planet Coaster II has water parks as main attraction.
    Planet Coaster III is all about ski lifts as some people requested it so much Frontier decided to bring a ski lift-only game to the market.

It's all quite cool
    RedHair, not sure what youíre referring to. there is no planet coaster 2 or 3. There is rct 1-3 and world along w/ their expansion pks.

Originally Posted by heatherg23 View Post (Source)
    RedHair, not sure what youíre referring to. there is no planet coaster 2 or 3. There is rct 1-3 and world along w/ their expansion pks.
    Your sarcasm-detector has run out of batteries, just saying'

This whole idea and suggested solution is rather absurd, but very well; I'll bite. Nintendo likes to re-release the same base (engine and mechanics) with different content so bundling everything in one "Ultimate" edition is peanuts for them. RCT of course doesn't work like that. RCT1 and 2 share a lot of code and assets, but 3 is totally different tech. World was built from scratch yet again (well, actually it's just a bunch of pre-bought Unity components hacked together with ductape) and most assets and engine were scaled down and rehashed for Touch and Adventures. So bundling them into one "Ultimate" edition would either mean restarting from scratch yet again or picking one of the existing games (preferably the most recent one) and re-creating assets from the other games into that one. Since the first two games were isometric 2D and 3 is horribly outdated, those assets cannot be imported as is, they need to be remade either way. And the stuff that Nvizzio created (or purchased from the Unity Asset Store) is not exactly worth anybody's time. So why bother?

I hate to add more to this really crazy thread, but the OP was interesting if we think about a collection of the "Best of" RCT.

To follow the direction Serpentrax is headed, I'm sure we all have a special affection for RCT 1 & 2. And we all know Frontier is the reason RCT3 is so great. And, in many ways, I think of Planet Coaster as the true successor to RCT3. An Ultimate, for me, would have those four versions.

American Celebration Resort and other projects available in the workshop under the Steam handle "Robco"
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/.../?appid=493340

When I think "Ultimate" - RCT or PC or otherwise - I think of uploading parks to a server where hundreds or thousands of people could assume an avatar and enter the park in first person, hang and chat with friends and go on rides.

Originally Posted by UCES Fossil View Post (Source)
    When I think "Ultimate" - RCT or PC or otherwise - I think of uploading parks to a server where hundreds or thousands of people could assume an avatar and enter the park in first person, hang and chat with friends and go on rides.
    Funny story: Ever wondered why one of the games has "World" in its title? Well, they were planning on delivering exactly what you are describing, to some degree. Of course they soon realized they didn't have the budget, know-how and time to achieve that, so the multiplayer feature was first moved to the infamous "will arrive after release, for free!" list, then silently dropped altogether. Along with practically everything on that list but nevermind.

Apparently a developer is working on some free-to-play MMO explorating thing called "Your World" and Theme Park Studio (I can't blame you if you suppressed its existence from memory!) turns into a plugin for it. That would be on paper exactly what your definition of "Ultimate" is...except for the fact that Theme Park Studio and its Kickstarter were an even greater mess than RCT World. https://www.facebook.com/YourWorldBuilder

If they were to make a Planet Coaster ultimate I'd only want them to include the following games:

Planet Coaster 4 Mobile, Planet Coaster Touch and my personal favorite Planet Coaster World. A lot of people said they didnt like that one. They claimed Frontier did it for a blatant cash grab. Heard it went through 3 developers. But I think those people are just trolls. PCW is the best game and the rest of them are just copy cats. The fact it crashes constantly just adds to the challenge.

Originally Posted by SoapyIllusion View Post (Source)
    If they were to make a Planet Coaster ultimate I'd only want them to include the following games:

Planet Coaster 4 Mobile, Planet Coaster Touch and my personal favorite Planet Coaster World. A lot of people said they didnt like that one. They claimed Frontier did it for a blatant cash grab. Heard it went through 3 developers. But I think those people are just trolls. PCW is the best game and the rest of them are just copy cats. The fact it crashes constantly just adds to the challenge.
    Something about this seems familiar to me...

LOL.
    Drink soda! Now available in your nearest Planet Coaster theme park.

PLANET COASTERWebsiteForumsForum RulesSystem RequirementsFrontier Support