Why does my park which features no attractions but a single venetian carousel...

Thread: Why does my park which features no attractions but a single venetian carousel...

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Why does my park which features no attractions but a single venetian carousel...

    have 600 guests in under a month and a half of being opened?

    In Rollercoaster tycoon, 600 guests was a goal that took a new player 15 months to accomplish, and an accomplished player probably around 10-12.

    In Planet Coaster, 600 guests show up to ride a carousel that holds 12 people.

    Is this game ever going to get a balance pass? Are they ever going to make this stuff logical? I am barely even playing. I don't have to put in any effort whatsoever. I don't understand how imbalanced this is, how is this possible? How does a game with the tagline "Simulation Evolved" provide 600 people to a park with a single ride in it?

  2. #2
    600? that shouldn't happen unless your park rating is through the roof, maybe its a bug?

  3. #3
    if u only have 1 ride then thats why everyone is flocking to it. Not sure where else you want them to go. Its up
    to YOU to balance it, as you say. Add more rides is the cure. Give them something to do.

    this game doesn’t work anywhere near rct3 when it comes to how you get guests in. You have to do the work to get them in. It’s not just about having rides. I can have a few rides with no scenery and not have enough guests but if I add scenery, shops lots of ppl will start to come in.

  4. #4
    [QUOTE=heatherg23;243910]if u only have 1 ride then thats why everyone is flocking to it. Not sure where else you want them to go.[quote]

    I think you misunderstand completely. I'm not asking "Why is my one ride in a park of 600 people busy". I'm asking "why is my park with one ride busy".

    You have to do the work to get them in. It’s not just about having rides
    This thread is about how I didn't do any work, I have a single ride, and I have 600 guests. I clearly don't have to do any work.

  5. #5
    One of the game's settings - available in the scenario maker - allows the scenario developer to adjust the influence that rides and scenery have on attracting guests. By default, a park with lots of scenery and one ride will attract far too many guests for that ride. The guest count gets somewhat more balanced when additional rides are built, but the default setting tends to bring in far more guests than appropriate for the number of rides. The solution is to convert the park to a scenario and turn down the number from 100% to around 70% or so.

  6. #6
    This used to get discussed around here back when the game was new, but most people gave up... we cant even get the devs to allow us to remove DLC from custom scenarios

    look at this ---> https://forums.planetcoaster.com/sho...challenge-mode

    Balance has never been a concern of this game even despite so many people trying to ask for it to be improved, I remember shortly after release the devs made a big deal about the new "harder" difficulty and "aging rides" and when everybody tried to say it wasnt done right, we were just ignored
    PlanCo + RCTClassic Alpha VIP Thrillseeker
    Video games are not meant to mimic reality, but to exaggerate it

  7. #7
    That's so freaking broken.

    Does anyone have a list of settings that create at least something of a passable experience? I went into the editor and adjusted some stuff but I messed it up. I only had 26 guests this time with a star wheel and a matterhorn, and people refused to pay for them because they paid 5 whole dollars to get in. REmoving the entrance fee, they'd only pay default price or lower for ride tickets, and it's not enough to keep the park afloat anyway while I try to earn more money to do more stuff.

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by MateriaGirl View Post (Source)
    That's so freaking broken.

    Does anyone have a list of settings that create at least something of a passable experience? I went into the editor and adjusted some stuff but I messed it up. I only had 26 guests this time with a star wheel and a matterhorn, and people refused to pay for them because they paid 5 whole dollars to get in. REmoving the entrance fee, they'd only pay default price or lower for ride tickets, and it's not enough to keep the park afloat anyway while I try to earn more money to do more stuff.
    Something like that would be awesome actually. Iīm the kind of player who enjoy building beutiful things, but be limited by challenges, such as money etc. Itīs so much fun and fulfilling to build something nice and you know it wasnīt that easy and you had to work very hard for it. Itīs also tha sort of experience that create "ties" between me and my park. But itīs so far, missing in PC.

  9. #9
    600 guests sounds like a lot for a single ride park.

    May i ask what you are playing? Is it a scenario or sandbox? And whats your park rating?

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by MateriaGirl View Post (Source)
    I only had 26 guests this time with a star wheel and a matterhorn, and people refused to pay for them because they paid 5 whole dollars to get in
    Yeah, I had this problem too. I don't think having an entrance fee is a viable option, it doesn't seem balanced in the slightest. Or PC doesn't know anything about pricing, which it doesn't seem like they do either. Seriously, who's paying 12.50 for a Hotdog because it has a lot of ketchup and mustard?

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by fodare View Post (Source)
    Yeah, I had this problem too. I don't think having an entrance fee is a viable option, it doesn't seem balanced in the slightest. Or PC doesn't know anything about pricing, which it doesn't seem like they do either. Seriously, who's paying 12.50 for a Hotdog because it has a lot of ketchup and mustard?
    What's so different about modern day theme parks then?
    Ever seen the prices there?

    I don't see the point....

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by Luuknoord View Post (Source)
    What's so different about modern day theme parks then?
    Ever seen the prices there?

    I don't see the point....
    You don't see the point because you're ignorant to the facts. Hotdogs don't cost $12.50 with "some" ketchup and mustard. Gourmet hotdogs at California Adventure cost $7-$10. Not a plain hotdog for $15. You seem to be getting ripped off wherever you're buying your wieners. Plain hotdogs start at $5 at Dodger stadium, for crying out loud. Are you one of the devs? You just assume "DHUR EVERYTHING COSTS A LOT NOW"? The prices are not accurate. That was my point.

    Also, the fact we can't edit the items individually is nonsensical. But that's another point altogether.

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by fodare View Post (Source)
    You don't see the point because you're ignorant to the facts. Hotdogs don't cost $12.50 with "some" ketchup and mustard. Gourmet hotdogs at California Adventure cost $7-$10. Not a plain hotdog for $15. You seem to be getting ripped off wherever you're buying your wieners. Plain hotdogs start at $5 at Dodger stadium, for crying out loud. Are you one of the devs? You just assume "DHUR EVERYTHING COSTS A LOT NOW"? The prices are not accurate. That was my point.

    Also, the fact we can't edit the items individually is nonsensical. But that's another point altogether.
    No and no are the answers to your questions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not edit your posts
  • You may not post attachments