Day/night trigger/sequencer onride

Thread: Day/night trigger/sequencer onride

Day/night trigger/sequencer onride

Nowhere on the web can i find a tutorial on how to set the day/night sequencer for onrides.
    Could anyone please tell me how to do this?

I've got several attractions on which I made some thematic tunnels... I want the day/night sequence to become night when entering the tunnel...
    How do I activate this option?
    I know it's possible, but after several tries, I still wasn't able to find was i was searching for!

Please help me!

Under scenery>Display Sequencers and Tools click on the Ride Cam Time Machine. Add it as a trigger to the ride. Place it where you want the time to change. Set the time u want it to become. Add multiple if you want it to change back

This is sort of a solution to make it dark inside haunted houses, etc. during the daytime without using terrain or changing the clock manually.

Originally Posted by Robert K View Post (Source)
    This is sort of a solution to make it dark inside haunted houses, etc. during the daytime without using terrain or changing the clock manually.
    pretty genius i have to say

I use this to great effect on various rides. I use the following steps...

1. Start by timing the ride from the start of 'darkness' to the end (often the end of a ride but perhaps not). You cannot have more than 2 minutes in any one timer. Write this down for future use
    2. Place a Time Machine at the start where it should go dark.
    3. Set the time machine. You can set the 'time of day' or even one of the new camera settings
    4. Place a trigger point just before your time machine (it doesn't matter where the time machine is but I generally place items for a trigger around the trigger)
    5. Add the time machine to the trigger (now comes the clever bit)
    6. On the trigger, click the 3 vertical dots against the time machine (on the right of the entry). This displays a little popup that lets you set how long the trigger item is carried out)
    7. Set the value (in seconds) that you wrote down in step 1

Your triggered time machine is set up. Things to note:

Your trigger only appears to work when you ride the ride. It won't work if you are viewing the ride as a guest.
    You can only have a maximum of 2 minutes (120 seconds on the timer), so if your ride is longer, you will need time machines along the route.

Originally Posted by Big Draco View Post (Source)
    I use this to great effect on various rides. I use the following steps...

1. Start by timing the ride from the start of 'darkness' to the end (often the end of a ride but perhaps not). You cannot have more than 2 minutes in any one timer. Write this down for future use
    2. Place a Time Machine at the start where it should go dark.
    3. Set the time machine. You can set the 'time of day' or even one of the new camera settings
    4. Place a trigger point just before your time machine (it doesn't matter where the time machine is but I generally place items for a trigger around the trigger)
    5. Add the time machine to the trigger (now comes the clever bit)
    6. On the trigger, click the 3 vertical dots against the time machine (on the right of the entry). This displays a little popup that lets you set how long the trigger item is carried out)
    7. Set the value (in seconds) that you wrote down in step 1

Your triggered time machine is set up. Things to note:

Your trigger only appears to work when you ride the ride. It won't work if you are viewing the ride as a guest.
    You can only have a maximum of 2 minutes (120 seconds on the timer), so if your ride is longer, you will need time machines along the route.
    it only lasts 20 sec no matter how long u set it to. Tried to use it on my horror heights and set it to 90 secs and didn’t work. So disappointing!

Originally Posted by heatherg23 View Post (Source)
    it only lasts 20 sec no matter how long u set it to. Tried to use it on my horror heights and set it to 90 secs and didn’t work. So disappointing!
    Can't think why that would be. I've used this technique on a number of rides and it works just fine. All I can think of is that the duration that the trigger fires for is not set to 120 seconds. It's the trigger that sets the duration, not the time machine. The time machine simply sets the time of day or the effect. (If you choose effect, make sure you check the correct box for setting an effect. The default is 'time of day'